Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags in the Midst of a Miracle and Thrilling Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn." - Gus Bradley, Circa 2014

This season has consisted of  some ups and some downs, followed by additional downs, and then this past weekend  which I can only quantify as a huge up. Their have been bad decisions that we have had to overcome, such as the parting of ways with Josh Scobee. We all know that if he were still a part of our team we would be sitting at 4-5 at the absolute worst and staring down at the rest of the division. Now we must destroy the hated Titans and their laughable 2-7 record they bring into Everbank this Thursday to pull within half game of the division lead of the vaunted AFC South. 

This last weekends game was a microcosm of the season. More twists and turns and ups and downs than anyone who didn't have the opportunity to ride Peony Parks roller coaster in the mid 80's can ever understand or relate to. The embattled kicker Myers misses a chip shot field goal in the second half that would have put the game out or reach, and then redeems himself with a bomb at the end of the game to win. The HATERS will say that the officials erred in a missed false start call that should have awarded the Ravens a Victory, but all of JAGSNATION understands, after years of being screwed by Goodell and the  NFL, we were bound to FINALLY catch a break. 

It is time that we take a deep breath and realize just exactly what we are witnessing and are fortunate to be a part of.  We are right in the mix of things and we are past the halfway point!  The biggest question is, will John Oehser,  author of the best seller "Jags to Riches" that detailed the Jaguars meteoric rise to national prominence during the 96/97 season need to come out of retirement to write a sequel that details this season? I most certainly think so. The Jags will be favored in every game the rest of the season - the question is, can they win each game and do control their own destiny provided Indy and Houston can both lose one non divisional game the rest of the way. Win out  (and with a little bit of help)  and we are the AFC South Champs at 10-6 - it's just that simple. I still think we get in at (should we drop one) at 9-7, but this division is just to  good to think we could drop two and still get in. No way does 8-8 win a division of this caliber. The thought of 10-6 or 9-7 and a division championship gives me chills just thinking about this and home game vs. one of the weakling wild card teams.  It would be a tremendous mistake to take things one game at a time at this point as we need to look at and focus on only the big picture - I want New England at their place in a second round play off game!

All of this being said, you cannot tout yourself as the best team in the NFL if you cannot establish yourself as the best team in Florida. The way to establish this is to take home the coveted Ponce De Leon Cup, named in honor of the Spanish Conquistador Juan Ponce De Leon, who discovered the great state of Florida in the 1513. While a division title would be nice, the PDL Cup is in my opinion a must for Gus Bradley to retain his job. I am a Gus Bradley fan. He has clearly and without question established himself as the third best coach in the history of our franchise, and I would love to see him continue on as coach for years to come - but if and only if he can capture this years cup. At one game back, there is some work to do, but the good news is that in case of a tie, we thankfully once again own the tiebreaker.

Miami 4-5

Tampa Bay 4-5

Jags 3-6

Tiebreaker: Most points scored in London this season. 

It will be nearly impossible for Mr. Khan continue to keep Coach Bradley without achieving this metric. With proven head  Coaches such as  Mike Locksley from Maryland more than likely available at the end of this season, it will just be to tempting in my opinion for Mr. Khan to pass on a man with irrefutable character and a coaching track record such as Locksley, who according to my sources has expressed interest in the NFL as he feels he has proven all that he needs to at the collegiate level. I do have enough confidence in Coach Bradley and the rest of his staff where I'm hoping this is not even a consideration at seasons end.
Welcome back
Lol @ Mike Locksley
I will be a happy camper if we sneak into the playoffs

we have won 3 games. We have lost the games we should have won, and won the games we should have lost. Lets not get carried away... lol...

Bortles while improved is still not ready for any miracle season. 

Quote:we have won 3 games. We have lost the games we should have won, and won the games we should have lost. Lets not get carried away... lol...

Bortles while improved is still not ready for any miracle season. 

While we only have 3 wins, we're merely one of 21 teams so far that has 4 or less wins.

Who?

Quote: 

All of this being said, you cannot tout yourself as the best team in the NFL if you cannot establish yourself as the best team in Florida. The way to establish this is to take home the coveted Ponce De Leon Cup

the PDL Cup is in my opinion a must for Gus Bradley to retain his job. I am a Gus Bradley fan. He has clearly and without question established himself as the third best coach in the history of our franchise, and I would love to see him continue on as coach for years to come - but if and only if he can capture this years cup. 

I couldn't agree more with this.  With a young core of BB5, Yeldin, and the dynamic Robinson and Hurns duo drawing comparisons to the Cowboys offenses of the 90s - but with an additional sibling - I think the future is exceedingly bright.  But we need to manage our expectations for this year.  The PDL Cup provides exactly the kind of measuring stick for success in 2015.  The playoffs would take a heckuva run.  I think it's possible, but I don't want our Quadruplets hanging their heads if they fall short.  Things are trending the right way.

Eyes on the playoffs; hearts on a 2nd round matchup against the Patriots; but hands on the PDL Cup!

I don't think there is any way to keep Gus Bradley beyond his contract.  What he has done to transform this team into championship contender will not go unnoticed.  Pay this man whatever it takes and watch the PDL Cups come rolling in!  #Standunited

Quote:I am a Gus Bradley fan. He has clearly and without question established himself as the third best coach in the history of our franchise, and I would love to see him continue on as coach for years to come - but if and only if he can capture this years cup. At one game back, there is some work to do, but the good news is that in case of a tie, we thankfully once again own the tiebreaker.

Miami 4-5

Tampa Bay 4-5

Jags 3-6

Tiebreaker: Most points scored in London this season. 

It will be nearly impossible for Mr. Khan continue to keep Coach Bradley without achieving this metric. With proven head  Coaches such as  Mike Locksley from Maryland more than likely available at the end of this season, it will just be to tempting in my opinion for Mr. Khan to pass on a man with irrefutable character and a coaching track record such as Locksley, who according to my sources has expressed interest in the NFL as he feels he has proven all that he needs to at the collegiate level. I do have enough confidence in Coach Bradley and the rest of his staff where I'm hoping this is not even a consideration at seasons end.

Laughing
... get a grip!

we've only won 3 games, and those were squeakers to bad teams!

we've blown twice as many games as we've won to teams we could've/should've beaten... but didn't!

glad you're excited, but it's really premature to start thinking 'miracle season'.

"You have to win to be great."  - Me

I like this guy, he's funny.
It will be a Miracle and a thrilling season if we make the playoffs.

Quote:It will be a Miracle and a thrilling season if we make the playoffs.
...there 'ya go.

raweyejag

Quote:I like this guy, he's funny.

Some people think he might be serious!

raweyejag

Quote:While we only have 3 wins, we're merely one of 21 teams so far that has 4 or less wins.

I noticed that too after Monday night game...seems like more losses this year in NFL than normal to this point is schedule Too lazy to check. Prolly will even out by years end.
Quote:Some people think he might be serious!
That's what makes it funny!