Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags getting recognition on Mike and Mike for maybe first time ever lol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14151767

I'd like to hear the whole segment.

If only we only had the W's to show for it.... I think we might have found our "Jimmy and Keenan and Mark" replacements we've been searching for forever (although, it's still too early to say for sure). But I do like what I'm seeing. But we should have more wins than we do; that's what's so disappointing to me. But for the first time in a long while, we are seeing the arrow pointing up!

GO JAGS!!

On the pregame show on fox Sunday Colin cowherd picked hurnsy and yeldon on his fantasy team and picked us to win on the road and all the other anchors laughed at him, and he was just like you'll see lol
I really dislike our coach and wish we had someone else, but we really are an edge rush away from being better. If Blake would just stop turning the damn ball over and Myers makes a kick in Indy we would be leading the division right now at 5-4... 

It was greeny who was the main one that was praising this team because he had seen us live while playing his team and it was good that we as a franchise made a great impression on him.

Quote:If only we only had the W's to show for it.... I think we might have found our "Jimmy and Keenan and Mark" replacements we've been searching for forever (although, it's still too early to say for sure). But I do like what I'm seeing. But we should have more wins than we do; that's what's so disappointing to me. But for the first time in a long while, we are seeing the arrow pointing up!

GO JAGS!!
we are not even a full 3 years into a 5 year rebuilding plan...the w's will come

Quote:we are not even a full 3 years into a 5 year rebuilding plan...the w's will come
Would you please point out where and who said this was a 'five year rebuilding plan'?... other than yourself, that is?
We so should be 6-3 right now, although we're not the only team who should have a better record.

Quote:I really dislike our coach and wish we had someone else, but we really are an edge rush away from being better. If Blake would just stop turning the ball over and Myers makes a kick in Indy we would be leading the division right now at 5-4... 

You know better than that. Peyton Manning leads the league in interceptions but Denver's first loss was two weeks ago. We need more takeaways, not just fewer giveaways, and have an edge rusher who will be a starter next year. The secondary is our issue in that department.

Quote:We are not even a full 3 years into a 5 year rebuilding plan...the W's will come

Where did you get 5 years from? Dave Caldwell always said it is a 3-year rebuild.
Quote:Would you please point out where and who said this was a 'five year rebuilding plan'?... other than yourself, that is?
in numerous threads here on this very board I'll find something for ya though...if you would have been around a few month longer you could have read it for yourself

Quote:You know better than that. Peyton Manning leads the league in interceptions but Denver's first loss was two weeks ago. We need more takeaways, not just fewer giveaways, and have an edge rusher who will be a starter next year. The secondary is our issue in that department.

Where did you get 5 years from? Dave Caldwell always said it is a 3-year rebuild.
he said 3 years to be competitive. i'm looking for a certain quote

Quote:in numerous threads here on this very board I'll find something for ya though...if you would have been around a few month longer you could have read it for yourself

He said 3 years to be competitive. i'm looking for a certain quote

So you think message board posters are more reliable sources of information than the team? That cannot be further from the truth.
Quote:So you think message board posters are more reliable sources of information than the team? That cannot b,e further from the truth.
posters also post links to other people saying things...you know like owners, gms, hc, people who know stuff

You pretty much heard everything right there. I caught that on Mike and Mike this morning and was definitely surprised and pleased. It's usually Golic who says anything positive about us, if anything is said at all. I was definitely shocked when Greeny was the one who spoke up first about how promising Bortles and the Allens are looking. He usually bashes us.

Most of it was talk about the NFL coming out and saying how the refs screwed up and that we should have never won that game. All 3 of them agreed that the NFL needs to do something about the officials because these botched end game calls are seeming to happen more and more lately. In so many words, they basically said, instead of just telling us what should have happened after the facts, do something about it. Start with the problem and fix it there. That being the refs.

Why is it we only hear about an oh-so-close call, or in the Lions-Seahawks game, an oh-so-obscure call, at the end of games when far more blatant and obvious calls are consistently missed throughout the games?

Quote:I really dislike our coach and wish we had someone else, but we really are an edge rush away from being better. If Blake would just stop turning the damn ball over and Myers makes a kick in Indy we would be leading the division right now at 5-4...
Can't stand ifs! How about Bortles playing somewhere else, and Myers misses a 53 yarder in Baltimore? We would be 0-6.
Quote:Why is it we only hear about an oh-so-close call, or in the Lions-Seahawks game, an oh-so-obscure call, at the end of games when far more blatant and obvious calls are consistently missed throughout the games?

You need to move your own post Jags.

What we hear about are major gaffes that the NFL admitted a day later. Dean Blandino explained a rule even K.J. Wright, the player who batted a ball, did not know. Obviously fans did not know that one either.
Quote:On the pregame show on fox Sunday Colin cowherd picked hurnsy and yeldon on his fantasy team and picked us to win on the road and all the other anchors laughed at him, and he was just like you'll see lol
I actually like Cowherd but his horrible hair dye annoys me
People listen to Mike & Mike still? It's all about my Stephen A and Skip Bayless
So am I...

still waiting...

IIRC, I remember the 3 year is a typical rebuild. Oehser may have hinted toward year 3 is year of improvement, year 4 is actually proof, leading us to believe year 5 is playoffs.

Many posters on here have a HARD 3 year or you're out mentality....

Some posters may have even echoed O's sentiments. 3 year rebuild sure, but the complete gutting Caldwell did should have everyone mashing the brakes on "year 3 playoffs"

Quote:Would you please point out where and who said this was a 'five year rebuilding plan'?... other than yourself, that is?

Anyone with an ounce of common sense knew it would take 5 years to build a consistent winner.
Pages: 1 2