Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Joeckel has allowed 1 sack this year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I was reading an article stating Luke allowed 8.5 sacks last season.

This season he has allowed 1. Is that correct?

Our O-line is ranked 27 in pass protection and we are ranked 24 in run blocking. I didn't know it was that bad.

According to this
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol'>http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol</a>
I thought it was interesting that our runs on Luke's side are ranked 27th, but runs on Parnell's side are ranked 8th.
Hmm, how accurate is that site? I know he was bullied into a sack yesterday. Was that his first allowed all season? I doubt it.

But I digress. He hasn't played bad this year. Not good, but not bad either, which is good.

Quote:Hmm, how accurate is that site? I know he was bullied into a sack yesterday. Was that his first allowed all season? I doubt it.

But I digress. He hasn't played bad this year. Not good, but not bad either, which is good.
In that case, he has allowed 2 sacks this year. I'm not sure of the accuracy.

Quote:I was reading an article stating Luke allowed 8.5 sacks last season.

This season he has allowed 1. Is that correct?

Our O-line is ranked 27 in pass protection and we are ranked 31 in run blocking. I didn't know it was that bad.

According to this
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

We rank 24th in run blocking, not 31st. That is our rank for power.
Quote:We rank 24th in run blocking, not 31st. That is our rank for power.

You are correct. I fixed it.

31st in power is probably why Yeldon doesn't get more redzone carries. That is horrible.
Also since we noting stats from these analytic sites, PFF ranked Bortles in the top five for percentage of sacks on the QB. They said 28% of the sacks given up this season were his fault, not the O-Lines. Which would in theory raise of pass blocking rank a bit if they accounted for only sacs responsible by the line.

Where can I find how many sacks each player has allowed?

i.e. - Wiz 4, Parnell 2, Joeckel 2....etc.

Quote:Also since we noting stats from these analytic sites, PFF ranked Bortles in the top five for percentage of sacks on the QB. They said 28% of the sacks given up this season were his fault, not the O-Lines. Which would in theory raise of pass blocking rank a bit if they accounted for only sacs responsible by the line.

I disagree with them saying 28% is his fault. Our Line just isn't that good.
But...but... he's the Joke!!
I don't know about the accuracy of your information, but I watched the game yesterday and the very first sack of BB was Joeckel's guy! They showed it in replays too. So you're suggesting that was the very first time this season Joeckel has allowed a sack??? Amazing!

Quote:I don't know about the accuracy of your information, but I watched the game yesterday and the very first sack of BB was Joeckel's guy! They showed it in replays too. So you're suggesting that was the very first time this season Joeckel has allowed a sack??? Amazing!

The website says their data is from 11/10, so it doesn't include yesterday's game.
Quote:Where can I find how many sacks each player has allowed?

i.e. - Wiz 4, Parnell 2, Joeckel 2....etc.

BCC WAS doing a piece each week....

Beadles was in the lead with 5

Bortles I think was credited with 3...

Parnell 1

and some misc. category (coverage sacks or not knowing who had who [a Yeldon and Cann missed play comes to mind])
Quote:BCC WAS doing a piece each week....

Beadles was in the lead with 5

Bortles I think was credited with 3...

Parnell 1

and some misc. category (coverage sacks or not knowing who had who [a Yeldon and Cann missed play comes to mind])

There's a great source of information.   Rolleyes

NOT!
This is woefully inaccurate info.

Joeckel appears to be improved this year, although none of them are dominant, with linder being out. 

Linder being out is killing the numbers. Joeckel is good enough right now where I'd feel comfortable giving him a decent contract and just drafting 2nd or 3rd day guys to back him up. Maybe one becomes lightning in a bottle, If not, Who cares? Good enough.

Thats kind of how I evaluate the need to replace what you got. What would you spend in the draft to address it? I'd spend our #1 pick next year for a Z style, True #1 WR or a DT. 

As someone who has been very critical of Joeckel, I will admit he has not played horrible. He hasn't played that great either, particularly in the run game where he lacks any urgency or  strength.

He's better than last year......but still not the dominant we want yet.
He's never going to be big enough to excel in the NFL. The gaining 12 pounds of pure muscle in the first two months of the offseason was bull. The man is playing at less than 300 pounds, maybe significantly less, and has a small upper body on top of that. He is never going to get push and he is never going to consistently stop a bull rush. I think this season is about as good as he is going to get - below average.
Pages: 1 2 3 4