Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Steven Wisniewski deserves a lot of credit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not just Sunday, but he has been pretty decent all year

Johnny O talked about on Jaguars Today, that on that last play that it usually takes 16 secs to get a play off from where it started but he had to do it in 14.

He said Wisniewski said he was looking at the clock the whole time and snapped it at 1 regardless if everybody was set because it wouldnt have mattered just get the play off. Which is prob why Blake fell since it came kinda early and the other linemen were not even ready and thats why Elvis got got there. 

What a heads up play by a veteran center, a lot of centers just wait for the QB to give them the signal to snap it, this is why I always scream for having vets on the team, while a lot of people just want a bunch of young guys. 

Heads up play. Positive addition. Wiz has been solid
Wiz is underrated, always has been. What he lacks in mauling ability he makes up in smarts.

Did you guys see the look Wis gave Beadles after his false start on the last drive? Was AWESOME.
Quote:Did you guys see the look Wis gave Beadles after his false start on the last drive? Was AWESOME.
He encapsulated the glares of the entire message board over the last two seasons.
Jaguars need to re-sign Wisnieuski. He may not play a "sexy" position, but he is reliable. Why try to sign Mack for double or triple the price when you have a solid veteran and a young guy (Bowanko) with potential behind him? Caldwell does need one more tackle with flexibility to play the right or left side, but other than that the offensive line is looking solid for next year. Joeckel has improved this year and Parnell has done an overall solid job other than the penalties. What this team desperately needs to get to the next level is a pass rush. In the off-season, they need to draft another pass-rusher in the 1st or 2nd round (depending on where they pick and who is available). It looks like they will be drafting somewhere around pick 8-11. Ideally, I'd like to see J. Ramsay still on the board which would fix the free safety position. House, Colvin, Cyprien/Sample and Ramsay would be very solid in the secondary. Hopefully, they can find a pass rusher in the 2nd round and try to get someone like Bruce Irvin in free-agency. Throw in Fowler and the defense can be very good. I know they need to eventually replace Poz to get more speed at middle linebacker, however he should be able to produce enough for 1 more year. Look what happened the game he missed.

It was a heads up play. Thankfully, I don't think he will be back next year. He has been average at best. There's a reason he ended up signing a one year deal.

Yeah, Wiz has always been a solid center who didn't play well last year mainly due to a bum shoulder. He seems like another Roy Miller or Sen'Derrick Marks who got a prove-it deal and will have played himself into a decent contract with us.

Quote:It was a heads up play. Thankfully, I don't think he will be back next year. He has been average at best. There's a reason he ended up signing a one year deal.
Hmmm cant say I agree with this. 
Quote:Yeah, Wiz has always been a solid center who didn't play well last year mainly due to a bum shoulder. He seems like another Roy Miller or Sen'Derrick Marks who got a prove-it deal and will have played himself into a decent contract with us.
Agree with this.
Quote:It was a heads up play. Thankfully, I don't think he will be back next year. He has been average at best. There's a reason he ended up signing a one year deal.
Yeah, a shoulder inury. Before that, he was a good center in Oakland.
He signed a 1 year deal because of questions about that shoulder injury.  There was plenty of debate about whether he'd even be the starter because of it.  He won the starting job and has shown to be rock solid here in Jax.  I would expect to see him getting a contract extension.

He hasn't been average at best if you look at what he's had to deal with.

He's got a rookie at RG replacing our best lineman, and he's got a turnstile at LG in Beadles.  There's only so much he can do.

Quote:He hasn't been average at best if you look at what he's had to deal with.

He's got a rookie at RG replacing our best lineman, and he's got a turnstile at LG in Beadles. There's only so much he can do.

Agree. He's been very solid if you take into account what's on each side of him.