Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So on that dummervil facemask play..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ravens sent 1 rusher and bortles got sacked.

not sure if anyone else noticed this but lol this o line is a joke. 

The entire O-line thought the play was dead. 

But yes, our line is the equivalent to the finest wheel of Swiss cheese.

Was it Parnell that was to block him?

In this instance I'm glad he didn't.

I'm just glad wiz snapped it. Even Bortles was a little shocked it got off in time.
There might have been an inadvertent whistle on that play or someone in the stands had one. It looked like both teams thought the officials blew a whistle.
Quote:Ravens sent 1 rusher and bortles got sacked.

Very sad... luckily he had to facemask Bortles in order to get the sack (otherwise he spun out of it)...
Quote:I'm just glad wiz snapped it. Even Bortles was a little shocked it got off in time.

Yeah, Bortles was so shocked that he fell down without anyone else touching him.

Luckily he got back up in time to endure that face mask penalty and become part of NFL history by becoming just the 5th team in NFL history to win an NFL game on an untimed down because of a penalty, at least that's what I read somewhere.
Excellent work by Wiz, the play clock ticked over to 0 as the ball left his hands. A split second later and we lose that game.

1 guy got through because everyone stopped. Everyone thought the play was dead except dumervil..

Considering the number of fouls committed by the Ravens Defense, I'm not surprised there was a face mask.  They definitely had some heated discussions during their bye week.  This is back to back games where we got punched around.  At least the hankies were thrown this week.

Quote:1 guy got through because everyone stopped. Everyone thought the play was dead except dumervil..

We're a point behind, less than one second left on the clock, ball gets snapped, the whole offense stands up and stops playing, the QB falls down, and yet we wind up winning the game. 

Craziest thing I've ever seen. 
The Jags win a game and some people here still are crying. SMH...

Quote:Excellent work by Wiz, the play clock ticked over to 0 as the ball left his hands. A split second later and we lose that game.

That would have been quite the way to lose the game. A sack would have been as well. Very close to an extremely embarrassing finish. 
Quote:The Jags win a game and some people here still are crying. SMH...

These days, it seems like people take up a position, and they don't want allow anything to change their mind about it.   Open-mindedness is out of fashion.  If you don't believe me, go look at the political message board.

A lot of people have been demanding that Gus be fired, and even if this team wins every game for the rest of all time, they do not want to come off that position.   It's like they'd rather win an argument than win a game. 
Quote:Ravens sent 1 rusher and bortles got sacked.

You troll. 
Quote:The Jags win a game and some people here still are crying. SMH...
because #jaguarfans