Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sometimes you gotta be a little lucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nothing pretty about that win and Bortles may have had his worst game yet but he responded and our defense stepped up pretty big today. Hell of a way to win but man does it feel good. If we can some how beat Tennessee I will be over the moon. Man Sunday wins feel good! makes Monday so much better!

I'll take it all day!!!! A win feels soooooo good!!!!!
Bortles has some ugly games sometimes but he's clutch and fearless
def wasnt Bortles worst game, he made some bad and some good, today, but we won

Bortles was clutch for one getting the team lined up to get the snap off, then to get up off the ground and force the defender to have to make a play which caused the face mask

We were owed that by Lady Luck. Smile

Quote:We were owed that by Lady Luck. Smile

Lady Luck owes us more than that.. I'm thinking a lap dance and a trip to the VIP Room..
Quote:Lady Luck owes us more than that.. I'm thinking a lap dance and a trip to the VIP Room..

Lol
I'd rather be lucky than smart.

All these loses we have had to console ourselves with how high BB5 stats were or.... how well this went or.....

if only that didn't happen we WOULD have won.

I'm at the point I don't care if it's pretty or not.

It's a win.  :thumbsup:
Winning cures everything, at least for the time being
Quote:Nothing pretty about that win and Bortles may have had his worst game yet but he responded and our defense stepped up pretty big today. Hell of a way to win but man does it feel good. If we can some how beat Tennessee I will be over the moon. Man Sunday wins feel good! makes Monday so much better!

It cant always be solely on the QBs back, its a team sport... nice team win!
Also, the team has been very unlucky most of this year... about time they got lucky...

Quote:Lady Luck owes us more than that.. I'm thinking a lap dance and a trip to the VIP Room..
Sprinkles included
Of course I like being lucky, but we should not have needed luck. We were in that position because Jason Myers shanked a 21-yard attempt.

I would like to know what Elvis Dumervil was thinking. He has been playing long enough to know that is the absolute worst time to grab someone's face mask.

Quote:Of course I like being lucky, but we should not have needed luck. We were in that position because Jason Myers shanked a 21-yard attempt.

I would like to know what Elvis Dumervil was thinking. He has been playing long enough to know that is the absolute worst time to grab someone's face mask.

We were not in that position solely because of the missed kick.

This team put itself in the position it did, not Myers.  The offense was off today.  Four turnovers...this should have never come down to a FG.
Life ain't easy for a kicker. You're either a hero or a goat... with little in between. I'm glad the kid got redemption at the end. I would also say that he (along with the entire rest of the team) put us in the situation so that we needed assistance from 'lady luck'. That not withstanding, it has been said that 'it's better to be lucky than good'. Maybe...

Quote:Of course I like being lucky, but we should not have needed luck. We were in that position because Jason Myers shanked a 21-yard attempt.

It was a 26 yard attempt.
We've needed some luck, it's one of the things that has been sorely missing over the past year helping contribute to our record.
Quote:Sprinkles included

You know Sprinkles?!? Her and her sister Cherry go great together..