Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: O-Line Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MAN!!! They got man handled! I thought we were better than that! What happened today?

Simple. You thought wrong. At best, they're average.
After playing good last week Luke looked like poo on a stick today. 

Luke, Beadles, Young and Pernal were getting pushed around

I though Joeckel and Parnell have been playing okay..enough to get by but nothing dominate. We are really missing Linder but it should be noticed that while we hope Linder can be bacl at 100%, there could be the chance he will never fully recover..Eben Britton anyone? It's obvious where Dave will spend the majority of our money abd draft picks next spring
I called it in the first half thread that the oline would struggle today
They had a pretty strong start to the year but the play has declined over the last few games.

The short yardage passing game has to improve. As good as Bortles has been on long throws, getting rid of the ball quickly would be a good defence for the poor pass protection.

They need to continue investing in the OL in each draft.  You can never have too much strength or depth on the OL.  Same with pass rushers.  Draft another LEO because Branch and Clemons should be released.  Fowler might be great but even so he shouldn't play every down.  

You also have to realize the Bills, Jets and Ravens all have great DLs and front 7's.  The Jags have made big plays against each of these defenses. 

Ok let me start. First off Ravens blitzed like crazy. Second Blake is holding the ball way to long.

Thomas and Lewis(at times) were wide open in the middle. Thomas must be wondering what he has to do.

Blake needs to grow up
Quote:Ok let me start. First off Ravens blitzed like crazy. Second Blake is holding the ball way to long.

Thomas and Lewis(at times) were wide open in the middle. Thomas must be wondering what he has to do.

Blake needs to grow up

He's definitely gotta do a better job with the short passing game.
he's going to who he has chemistry with mostly. Also he is good against the blitz cause he rolls out and tends to roll to his receivers. Once he gets more experience and learns what looks usually leave the TE open I think we will see him using them more. If you look at Carr he does the same thing cause he trusts his WRs. Teddy does the opposite because of his experience with reading defenses. Same with Alex smith.

I saw Parnell get pushed onto his butt at least twice.  And I thought he was supposed to be the physically strong one.

Quote:I saw Parnell get pushed onto his butt at least twice.  And I thought he was supposed to be the physically strong one.
 Leverage baby!  
Quote:They had a pretty strong start to the year but the play has declined over the last few games.

The short yardage passing game has to improve. As good as Bortles has been on long throws, getting rid of the ball quickly would be a good defence for the poor pass protection.

They lost their best player. His replacement and the left guard are about the same quality right now.
Beadles drives me nuts. Can't wait for him to be on the bench.

I don't think joeckel will be our long term answer at LT either.
I just feel like they have been slowly declining throughout the season...remember the Miami game? Bortles has lots of time to throw. Last week and today he's been getting abused. The injuries are killing our line.

What in the world made you think they were better than that?
How about the rookie Cann?
The Ravens just had a Bye week to get healthy and work on their problems, mistakes, and add new wrinkles.

Also, Both the Jets and Ravens are two teams that known for blitzing a lot with creative schemes. That can easily confused the younger players in pass protection and taking on run blitzers.

Pages: 1 2