Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Of course
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fox's halftime show doesn't show our highlights.

They normally don't show AFC highlights.
They showed the highlights of every early game except ours.

Also an article I saw "What's wrong with the Ravens?"
We get no respect.
I like it this way.

I don't think anyone should talk about us untill we at least win the next 2 games...

Edit:  Though I think that TD to Hurns was worthy of a highight, considering that was the 6th (or was it 7th) game in a row with a TD by Hurns.

Which I heard was kind of a big deal...

What if this team somehow went on a 1996 style run and went through the playoffs?

How long would it take the networks to finally show the highlights?

Would they find a way to opt out of broadcasting those playoff games?

Quote:What if this team somehow went on a 1996 style run and went through the playoffs?

How long would it take the networks to finally show the highlights?

Would they find a way to opt out of broadcasting those playoff games?

LOL!  They'd figure out how to put it on public access or Free Speech TV...  LOL!!!

Dude, if we make the playoffs, I'll be so stoked!  

It's personal now.  I'm sick of other fans and the media thinking we're no good because of the last 10 years of history we have.  I want us to make the playoffs.  Even if we get blown out, I want to keep the clots out, and I don't think the tacks or tinhorns deserve the AFCS title...

If we can win on Thrusday night, I think we have a good chance to piss off the world!
My thing is if they were consistent regarding the treatment of teams, I'd be fine with it.

But how long has it been since Buffalo has been to the playoffs?

Cleveland?
Quote:Also an article I saw "What's wrong with the Ravens?"

Based on how poorly they have played I would say that one is a fair question.
Quote:We get no respect.

Seriously... the team had its 3 win... get over yourself...

if this team was 8-0 and they werent getting highlights against like Denver or something i could see your point... but it was two bad teams playing each other...

Go Jags!

Allen Robinson is currently 5th in the NFL in yards!
Quote:Also an article I saw "What's wrong with the Ravens?"

LOL Like people don't know they are missing Steve Smith and Terrell Suggs. Also Dennis Pitta was advised not to play anymore  But this sounds like what people were saying when we beat the Ravens four years ago.
Quote:My thing is if they were consistent regarding the treatment of teams, I'd be fine with it.

But how long has it been since Buffalo has been to the playoffs?

Cleveland?

I know. For years the Raiders sucked too, but they always got more attention than us. Part of it is hype around certain players such as Johnny Manziel and Marcus Mariota. People want to hear about those guys even if their teams suck. But I have no idea why they go nuts over a guy named Tyrod Taylor.
It switched to AR15 at 7th...

even though Allen Robison has 72 more yards than Allen Hurns he's had 21 more passes than Hurns..

Hurns is ranked higher according to Football Outsiders in how he's played this year...

both are really having breakout years (imagine with a better oline & running game & if Lewis & Thomas were real threats like we had hoped..) it would really make this offense leathal

Quote:Seriously... the team had its 3 win... get over yourself...

if this team was 8-0 and they werent getting highlights against like Denver or something i could see your point... but it was two bad teams playing each other...

Go Jags!

Allen Robinson is currently 5th in the NFL in yards!
I get the 3 win argument as a general rule.

But when you get highlights from teams with 3 wins or less, there's an issue when they don't show ours.
Quote:We get no respect.
We've done nothing to deserve any respect from either the media or other NFL fans! I'm glad we got a win in Baltimore... 'a win is a win' as they say and all that... but good grief people, keep some perspective.

We've got three wins, all against teams who are/were down on their luck. All three of those wins against teams who are down were squeaker close. We've not beat anyone who wasn't pretty deep in the hurt locker and even then only 'just' got a win.

I hope we get more wins this season, at least enough to finish 6-10 which was my prediction this past spring. That being said, I could see us losing out the rest of the season!

*we've got a short week to prepare for the tacks, and the tacks are looking pretty good right now. Advantage tacks (plus we're wearing those piss yellow uniforms, but that's another story)

*Hoyer is looking much better now, so what makes us think we're gonna beat Houston when we didn't before?

*Rivers will pick our secondary apart as we get little to no pressure on him.

*the falcons are just a better team, period.

*and the colts? We might have a chance here, and we might split one with either the tacks or texans.

So the way I see it, we might win two more games which would put us at 5-11. This would be the worse of all possible outcomes for us as it would hurt our draft pick, while doing little to solidify much confidence in the team 'getting better'. Face it people, our 'wins' so far have been to out-of-luck injured teams and we only 'just' won those.
Yeah, I did find it amusing. FOX literally showed highlights from every other game but ours. They just show the graphic and are like "oh, and Jax won." I mean they easily could've showed a 3 sec clip of Myers making a FG. Oh well.

Doesn't matter in fact it's great.

The best part of beating the Ravens or anyone is that look of disgust, as their city wallows in the fact Jacksonville beat them.

It ruins their week. Suicides are probably up in clam chowder city today and their smelly waterfront.

There are probably a few riots today in Baltimore. I love it. Screw em and the rest of the league, we take them one by one

and I love being the underdog pissed on city that just beat their precious widdle teams.

I love the announcers having to explain it, and the more they ignore us the more a win hurts them.

It's going to be cold soon in a lot of the Baltimores and Pittsburgs and all they have is their teams, if we can beat them and

humiliate them I hope it causes them great misery and discontent, maybe a few more marches with signs protesting to show their misery in the snow and living in the crapola ghettos their cities really are away from the bright network lights.

While we enjoy our beautiful city, and the fact we beat them.

I love every single win and the less coverage is fine at this point.

Quote:Doesn't matter in fact it's great.

The best part of beating the Ravens or anyone is that look of disgust, as their city wallows in the fact Jacksonville beat them.

It ruins their week. Suicides are probably up in clam chowder city today and their smelly waterfront.

There are probably a few riots today in Baltimore. I love it. Screw em and the rest of the league, we take them one by one

and I love being the underdog [BAD WORD REMOVED] on city that just beat their precious widdle teams.

I love the announcers having to explain it, and the more they ignore us the more a win hurts them.

It's going to be cold soon in a lot of the Baltimores and Pittsburgs and all they have is their teams, if we can beat them and

humiliate them I hope it causes them great misery and discontent, maybe a few more marches with signs protesting to show their misery in the snow and living in the crapola ghettos their cities really are away from the bright network lights.

While we enjoy our beautiful city, and the fact we beat them.

I love every single win and the less coverage is fine at this point.
https://youtu.be/f6cCZzH_3kE?t=2m22s