Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Telvin Smith
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After today he brought his total tackles over 80, which is by far the most among outside linebackers (also has an int for a TD and a couple sacks). The guy is just a beast, he's all over the field. If you already didnt do so SUPPORT our guy and smash the pro bowl voting ballot for Telvin, he deserves it!
If he's not in the pro bowl I'll be shocked.

And forced the fumble in the second half. He is a splash player. He started slow but he is really good playing downhill. All he needs now is better zone awarness.
I think Jags02 needs to organize a click for cans type of party for when voting opens..
He is great player, only complaint is he has a tendency to get tired and want to "push" players down instead of wrapping them and planting them. Sometimes, they keep on running.

The guy is a monster.  He should be in probowl contention but he plays for a small market so it's hard.

No way smith gets in pro bowl. I will say tho he deserves serious consideration. 

I hate to be a downer. He's a great player in his 2nd year, but dude cannot cover at all.
Quote:No way smith gets in pro bowl. I will say tho he deserves serious consideration.

What? There are 6 spots for OLBs. Name 6 having a better season than him.
He wont get in unless we finish with 10 Ws or so

Quote:I hate to be a downer. He's a great player in his 2nd year, but dude cannot cover at all.

I wouldn't go that far. He's below average but I've seen worse. It is kind of surprising given his insane athleticism.
Quote:I think Jags02 needs to organize a click for cans type of party for when voting opens..

Should we dig up those old voting macros?

Quote:Should we dig up those old voting macros?

Ticks for Telvin.. I'm in..
Quote:What? There are 6 spots for OLBs. Name 6 having a better season than him.

It doesn't matter, he plays in Jacksonville. That precludes him from winning the popularity contest that is the Pro Bowl.
Quote:I hate to be a downer. He's a great player in his 2nd year, but dude cannot cover at all.

Lets be honest here...you don't hate to be a downer.
Its tough for 4-3 OLBs to make the pro bowl.
Quote:It doesn't matter, he plays in Jacksonville. That precludes him from winning the popularity contest that is the Pro Bowl.

That's is true, although a lot of fans who do vote can see stats for all players and that does sway their vote. I know 80% of the vans voting dont know all 6 olb theyre goin to vote for before seeing the ballot and stats
He's part of the reason the Jaguars are ranked 6th overall against the Run.. he has constant hussle!

Not saying they will be voted as such unfortunately, but I think the pretty clear top 5 OLB in the NFL this season have been Jamie Collins, Pernell McPhee, KJ Wright, Anthony Barr, and Thomas Davis.

Telvin probably has as good of a case as anyone else after them to make the final spot, but there ain't no way he's going to win a popularity vote vs Miller, Ware, Houston, Peppers, Irvin etc.

Quote:If he's not in the pro bowl I'll be shocked.
I wouldn't. OLBs in the Pro Bowl are usually guys with sacks. Smith has been great this season, though.
Pages: 1 2