Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Start of the 3rd Quarter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I usually break down the season into quarters to get an idea of how things play out.

FIRST QUARTER

Panthers @ Jaguars
- Honestly, I don't think that there were many that thought prior to the season that this game would even be close.  It was and is a "shoulda won".
Dolphins @ Jaguars
- For me (prior to the start of the season) I felt that this game was a possible win and yet in a close game it was a win.
Jaguars @ Patriots
- Prior to the start of the season, most would have had this marked down as a loss.  It was a "behind kicking".
Jaguars @ Colts
- Prior to the season most people probably had this penciled in as a loss.  After playing against a "luck-less" Colts team this is definitely a "shoulda, coulda won".

So after the 1st quarter the team is at 1-3.

SECOND QUARTER

Jaguars @ Buccaneers
- This one is a game that everyone probably expected to win.  It was yet another close game, but a sickening loss.  Another "shoulda, coulda won".
Texans @ Jaguars
- With the struggles that the Texans are/were facing most probably had this marked down as a win.  Yet it was another "shoulda, coulda won".
Bills @ Jaguars
* - While this was a "home" game it was played in London.  The Jaguars have not played well in the U.K., and I personally had this marked as a loss.  I was wrong.
Jaguars @ Jets
- Coming off a bye week and being healthy, I had hope that this would be a win, but sadly it turned into another "shoulda, coulda won".

So at this point in the second quarter the team is 1-3 with a 2-6 overall record.  Had the "shoulda, coulda" games gone the other way we would be looking at and seriously talking playoffs at this point.

Now starts the 3rd quarter where the team needs to do a 180 at least to be able to contend.

THIRD QUARTER

Jaguars @ Ravens (2-6)
- This Ravens team has been struggling and is in last place in the AFC North.  There is the possibility of a win here, but it isn't a "given" by any means.  EDIT:  1 down three to go.

Titans (2-7 currently) @ Jaguars
** - A Thursday night prime time game.   The Jaguars play well in prime time usually, though the Titans are looking dangerous at this point.  This is a "could win" win.

Chargers (currently 2-7) @ Jaguars - The Chargers a struggling a bit and have some serious injuries to some of their starters.  Mark this game as a "could win" though I would have pegged this as a loss prior to the start of the season.

Jaguars @ Titans (2-8 currently) - This is another dangerous game, but is a "could win" game by all means.

Going into the 3rd quarter of the season, the potential is there for an above .500 record (for the quarter), but none of the games are really "easy" despite the current records of our opponents.  If the Jaguars can finish the 3rd quarter at least 3-1 then things might get interesting going into the 4th quarter.  Keep in mind, each of these 3 teams that we play are just as hungry as the Jaguars are for wins.  I don't see any of these games being blowouts either way, but I do think that the team should and could win each one of them.

I think the Jags should sweep the 3rd quarter.  Those teams are all stiffs.  Jags just need to stop beating themselves.  Let the other team beat themselves. 

Quote:I think the Jags should sweep the 3rd quarter.  Those teams are all stiffs.  Jags just need to stop beating themselves.  Let the other team beat themselves. 

Going 4-0 in these games would be sweet and certainly is possible. This would leave them at 6-6 with a .500 mark at mid-season and right in the thick of the division hunt. Going 3-1 would still leave them with a shot at the division, and at 5-7 would match the Jaguars record at the same point in time back in '96 when they made it all the way to the AFC title.game.

we're going 9-7

I'm starting to get excited for some reason

I like looking at it from this perspective because it narrows the focus down.  They don't need to sweep the third quarter, but come out of it .500 (for the quarter) or better.

Biggest issue I see is that our defense is so bad that good vet QBs like Flacco and Rivers are just going to pick us apart.  With the Titans and Mariota improving, those are also tough games.

Quote:we're going 9-7

Did you hit your head on something? Did someone insist you eat/drink something while they were wringing their hands in anticipation? Do you notice any strange smells?
I'm serious, man

We'd probably split with the tacks, I see the other games as losses...prove me wrong Jags.

I'm hoping for 4-0, but 2 and 2 would be a solid start of a 4th quarter run.
At any rate, the schedule certainly does get easier, and if Gus wants to keep his job the Jaguars had better at least go 4-4 over these last eight games. Anything less and Khan will have a riot on his hands if he doesn't fire Gus.

Don't do it man! You will only be angrier when the team loses very winnable games. I'm hoping for 8-0 the rest of the way but am expecting something around 4-4 or 5-3. In any event, I'm just excited to see the team play and continue to improve.
These losses drive me crazy.

Jags have not shown the ability to win important games yet
It's looking like another 1-3 quarter.

Who hacked rocdee?
Quote:Who hacked rocdee?

Good question? Whoever it is, I want to give him a big "well done!"

SOME REASON IS YOUR INTUITION.

MINE SAYS THE SAME THING.....

WERE AT THE POINT WHERE THE MISTAKES SHOULD BECOME LESS FREQUENT AND WE SHOULD WIN MORE....AND WIN A FEW CONVINCINGLY.

I THINK TODAY WE WIN BIG...... MAYBE EVEN REALLY BIG
I may just have to eat crow in terms of Gus Bradley...

If we keep this up, we can win 2 out of the next 3 games, with our only loss to the chargers.

That would make us 5-7 going into the last month of the season.  If we are 5-7 after the tacks away game, we're primed for the playoffs!

If we make the playoffs, I think you have to give Bradley another year, which would mean alot of us would have to eat tons of crow.

1-0, baby!  Banana

Pages: 1 2