Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Irsay wants Nick Saban?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.foxsports.com/college-footbal...say-111215

Looks like Irsay wants to go after Nick Saban to be the coach/GM.

Now Khan needs to get Sean Payton and make the division fun again.

That would make me incredibly happy.

Both Payton being a Jaguar and Saban being a clot.

“Jim Irsay is going to make the next coaching hire,” Kravitz said. “If he brings in a guy who demands full power, like, say, a Nick Saban, who I think he’s going to go after....."

No where does it say Irsay is going after Saban. Krapitz used Saban as an example and gave his personal opinion.

Big media boobs making stuff up.

If Saban makes himself available to the NFL there will be multiple owners/GM's going after him.

I would be surprised if he leaves Alabama

Well, he did an awesome job with the Dolphins.
Quote:I would be surprised if he leaves Alabama

I dunno man, the pressure at Alabama (to win) is so intense, their fans and boosters get upset when that team looses two games, it wouldn't shock me at all if Saban made the jump to the NFL. Saban (like most successful head coaches) is an ego-maniac, I think he wants to prove he can succeed in the NFL after the disaster in Miami, also, what else does he have left to prove at Alabama?

If Saban had landed Drew Brees instead of Daunte Culpepper then he would probably still be coaching at Miami.

Saban to Indy!!

Chip Kelly to Nashville!

Urban Meyer to Jax!

Steve Spurrier to Houston!!!

Quote:If Saban had landed Drew Brees instead of Daunte Culpepper then he would probably still be coaching at Miami.
I doubt it.... grown men getting fat checks don't respond the same way as kids trying to make it big...

Saban's personal attitude prevented him from being successful at the NFL level. He had no patience since he was used to just getting a ton of kids on a good recruiting class, and then yelling them into shape lol

I doubt he's coming to the NFL....

or any of the other conspiracy theories lol
Quote:I dunno man, the pressure at Alabama (to win) is so intense, their fans and boosters get upset when that team looses two games, it wouldn't shock me at all if Saban made the jump to the NFL. Saban (like most successful head coaches) is an ego-maniac, I think he wants to prove he can succeed in the NFL after the disaster in Miami, also, what else does he have left to prove at Alabama?
He is a God at Bama.

He can stay there until they are complete trash and they force him out like FSU did Bowden.

He comes to the NFL and fails after 2 seasons, that is all people will remember him for....

in my humble opinion
1. Like said above, at bama, he is undisputed king. I doubt he leaves.

2. As good of a coach he is, he's just a coach. I think he's better suited in college because his recruiting power is even stronger than his coaching ability.

3. If they land him in Indy, so be it, he doesn't really have a stellar nfl resume and he still has a qb that thrives on hype vs reality. That team needs a whole lot more than a coach, its borderline dumpster fire.
Shouldn't Irsay's mere presence be enough to convince anyone with half a brain to avoid that team?  Luck is a big plus, but if rumors of the front office making personnel decisions and the idea that Irsay expects multiple Super Bowl wins, would give me major pause.  Especially if I had established something at my current job and was at the tail end of my career.
Quote:If Saban makes himself available to the NFL there will be multiple owners/GM's going after him.

Obviously the Dolphins will not be one of them.

Quote:I dunno man, the pressure at Alabama (to win) is so intense, their fans and boosters get upset when that team looses two games, it wouldn't shock me at all if Saban made the jump to the NFL. Saban (like most successful head coaches) is an ego-maniac, I think he wants to prove he can succeed in the NFL after the disaster in Miami, also, what else does he have left to prove at Alabama?

Everyone gets upset after their teams have two losses. Alabama has only lost one game anyway. Why would Saban want to leave one of the best jobs in college football?

Quote:If Saban had landed Drew Brees instead of Daunte Culpepper then he would probably still be coaching at Miami.

Saban himself admitted this. He said his only regret at Miami was not landing Drew Brees.
Quote:Obviously Ohio state sucks.

Everyone gets upset after their teams have two losses. Alabama has only lost one game anyway. Why would Saban want to leave one of the best jobs in college football?

Saban himself admitted this. He said his only regret at Miami was not landing Drew Brees.
A while back on a radio talk show the point was made about why any college coach would leave for the NFL.

College had more downtime, shorter season and if you're a good coach great pay.

Pro you had little down time, longer season and same or lower pay.

Also if you're a good coach you're rarely let go, in fact even some not so good ones stick around longer than they should.

Pro ball its a much more volatile position.

I would be VERY surprised if he went to the clots.

Quote:A while back on a radio talk show the point was made about why any college coach would leave for the NFL.

College had more downtime, shorter season and if you're a good coach great pay.

Pro you had little down time, longer season and same or lower pay.

Also if you're a good coach you're rarely let go, in fact even some not so good ones stick around longer than they should.

Pro ball its a much more volatile position.

I would be VERY surprised if he went to the clots.

Coaches make the jump because the NFL is the upper echelon of football. If you've dominated at the college level these guys with monstrous egos want to see if they have what it takes to be successful at the next level. Saban has 3 NC's. He's done it all at the college level. The only thing missing from his trophy case is a Lombardi trophy. Thing is, if he flops again the top college programs will welcome him back with open arms. Its a no lose situation.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MissJagsFanatic" data-cid="619071" data-time="1447463354">
Obviously Ohio state sucks.

</blockquote>

ICWUDT