Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Next Thursday night's game VS TITANS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Were sitting at 2-6, heading into Baltimore which sounds like a winnable game, but easily could be a loss. Now while many fans are frustrated and asking for Dave & Gus to be fired, what will happen if we go 2-7. EVERYONE needs to RELAX and stick with it. We have had an absolutely pitiful offense which has been painful to watch for how long? And now we have a QB who is on pace for 4000+ yards, 30+ TDS, 2 WR's who should go over 1000, and a promising RB for the future and we are finally scoring touchdowns. Heck our OVER/UNDER is the third highest this week. Would you ever have thought this would happen to us? We are in shootouts every week and I love it. Our games have become interesting and exciting. You CANNOT blame Dave. The guy spent most of his top picks on offense trying to develop a young QB, and it looks like he has done that for the most part. He finally spent his top pick on an edge rusher and you already know what happened there. Basically, what I am saying is that for all these years we have been praying for an exciting offense with a good quarterback and we have been DYING for wr's. Does anybody understand how much more praise our team is getting right now because of this up and coming offense? It's coming from all over. Now what we need everyone to do is despite our 3-6 or 2-7 record going into the Titans game next week, everyone has to attend this game and show the NFL that we are back and for real. This is an important game for the NFL to see, as a division, primetime, and what could be a big game against another young QB (We are still in the division race). This game will determine if we are given any primetime games other than the thursday one for next year. So show up next thursday and BE LOUD. You have to understand how huge next thursdays game actually is for our franchise going forward. If only Meyers didn't miss both kicks vs the Colts....

I'll be there as always.

Unfortunately, with the way the team is going and the fact that it is a 'work night', the crowd will be sparse.  Especially in the second half.

lets meet up pregame, guys

we win on Sunday in B-More, we have a chance to get back on top in the division with a Titans win

Got tickets. I hope im not disappointed
I'm thinking we should have a slew of offensive weapons for the TItans.game. This week they're looking to get Julius and DRob more involved as Marquis gets his feet wet yet again, and then next week's prime time home game we should have Greene back.

and the new jerseys leaked.... Gold! W!

Championship.

Bling.

destiny?

This might be the only game left on the schedule that the Jags will be favored in.

I really don't want to think about what the fans will say if Gus gets beaten by Mularkey and the tacks at home, no matter how it would happen.

That would be one of the biggest disappointing losses of the season if it happens, and there have been a few.

Come on Gus, you got to find a way to lead the Jags to victory.

I was disappointed for the loss of the post season on Sunday. It was foolish to think we'd make it to the playoffs, but my eyes widened just to think of it. However, there isn't a game left on our schedule that doesn't look like it'll be fun to watch. The way we're playing is exciting. Maybe I've gotten numb to the inevitable bone-head "are you kidding me!?!" plays, but when they happen I'm starting to believe it won't rattle the team like it would have last year. All the more better if we start winning these winnable games. Thursday's game is going to be a blast Smile

Playoffs!? Don't talk about playoffs! You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game.
Quote:Playoffs!? Don't talk about playoffs! You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game.

Exactly, and we better not come out looking like diddly poo.
When bb5 and Julius can get in sync our offense will go to another level that we have never seen around here. Even better than our glory years
Quote:Were sitting at 2-6, heading into Baltimore which sounds like a winnable game, but easily could be a loss. Now while many fans are frustrated and asking for Dave & Gus to be fired, what will happen if we go 2-7. EVERYONE needs to RELAX and stick with it. We have had an absolutely pitiful offense which has been painful to watch for how long? And now we have a QB who is on pace for 4000+ yards, 30+ TDS, 2 WR's who should go over 1000, and a promising RB for the future and we are finally scoring touchdowns. Heck our OVER/UNDER is the third highest this week. Would you ever have thought this would happen to us? We are in shootouts every week and I love it. Our games have become interesting and exciting. You CANNOT blame Dave. The guy spent most of his top picks on offense trying to develop a young QB, and it looks like he has done that for the most part. He finally spent his top pick on an edge rusher and you already know what happened there. Basically, what I am saying is that for all these years we have been praying for an exciting offense with a good quarterback and we have been DYING for wr's. Does anybody understand how much more praise our team is getting right now because of this up and coming offense? It's coming from all over. Now what we need everyone to do is despite our 3-6 or 2-7 record going into the Titans game next week, everyone has to attend this game and show the NFL that we are back and for real. This is an important game for the NFL to see, as a division, primetime, and what could be a big game against another young QB (We are still in the division race). This game will determine if we are given any primetime games other than the thursday one for next year. So show up next thursday and BE LOUD. You have to understand how huge next thursdays game actually is for our franchise going forward. If only Meyers didn't miss both kicks vs the Colts....
got it...

if only we weren't 2-6 at this seasons mid point...

if only we hadn't gone belly up the previous season...

and the season before that...

read the small print... this team has done nothing to make anyone with brains think it will win more than maybe two more games...if they get lucky.
Just curious:

How long has it been since the Jags have played a TNF on the road? Or,, how many have they played on the road versus how many home games they have gotten on Thursay?

It seems like it is always in Jax,, they have had many home Thursdays (iirc). What's up with that?
K,, I looked up the past few years. This is 4 straight home games on Thursday. 7/8 Thursday games at home, that I found. Last road Thursday was that terrible Atlanta game in 2011. Ugh.

Is this scheduling that tries to make the Thursday game more competitive? What gives?

Titans 2015

Titans 2014

Texans 2013

Colts 2012

@Falcons 2011

?? 2010

Colts 2009

Colts 2008
Wild horses could'nt keep me away from any J-Ville home game. I too feel that the offense is becoming Stellar w\respect to Much Better Performance(s). I also feel that within 2016 we'll be eye witnessing an Very Potent Offense to which many opposing teams will take notice to say the least. The next few drafts must be defensive minded to elevate our D to the elite status...

I Believe...

NH3...

I forgot to mention our Gold Unis. Once up for sale, forever on  my back...

NH3...

Quote:Wild horses could'nt keep me away from any J-Ville home game. I too feel that the offense is becoming Stellar w\respect to Much Better Performance(s). I also feel that within 2016 we'll be eye witnessing an Very Potent Offense to which many opposing teams will take notice to say the least. The next few drafts must be defensive minded to elevate our D to the elite status...

I Believe...

NH3...
Believe it kid.
Quote:Just curious:

How long has it been since the Jags have played a TNF on the road? Or,, how many have they played on the road versus how many home games they have gotten on Thursay?

It seems like it is always in Jax,, they have had many home Thursdays (iirc). What's up with that?

Are you complaining about a night game, under the lights, at home for the Jaguars????
Quote:Just curious:

It's probably a pity vote from the NFL since we NEVER get any real primetime games...

That, and, we have a "home" game in London.

Quote:Are you complaining about a night game, under the lights, at home for the Jaguars????

Lol,, NO! I didn't meant to infer any complaint. It was just an observation.
Pages: 1 2