Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Allens are the first WR duo since..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Randy Moss and Wes Welker in 2007 to both have 600+ yards and 6+ tds in a season through the teams first 8 games. 

special.

I've heard this like 10x today
The A-Team is making Blake B look good, glad to finally C progress

(See what I did there? I tried...)
QB must be terrible.....
Quote:The A-Team is making Blake B look good, glad to finally C progress

LOL Yeah I see what you did there. But "making Blake look good" implies you think Bortles is no better than previous quarterbacks.
An anomaly. Rungame is so bad that we're forced to air it out. Allen & Allen are good but these stats are skewed
Stickler
Quote:An anomaly. Run game is so bad that we're forced to air it out. Allen & Allen are good but these stats are skewed

Nonsense. The Allens have those numbers because they are catching footballs and running with them. Blake Bortles can throw all day long only to see a lot of drops. If it was just about abandoning the run game he could throw to other guys to spread the ball around. He keeps throwing to 15 and 88 because of their reliability. Meanwhile T.J. Yeldon continues to get carries every week.
Quote:An anomaly. Rungame is so bad that we're forced to air it out. Allen & Allen are good but these stats are skewed

What anomaly?  How are they skewed?  IMO these guys should be catching a few more balls that come their way (they drop too many) so if anything they don't even reflect their full potential. 

No one said these guys were the next best show on turf but they are playing well and putting up numbers more weeks than not.  Give credit where credit is due.

yeah, that was just a Disgraceful Effort For a jaGuars fan. 

The WRs Allen Robinson & Allen Hurns along with QB Blake Bortles are a shinning star of promise of a better day, but it doesnt change the fact that the team still only has 2 wins this year against Miami & the Bills.... (home games -- if you count london as home)....

The team needs this win against the Ravens to lift everybodys spirits...
Quote:QB must be terrible.....
DeAndre Hopkins
Quote:DeAndre Hopkins

He's also been targeted 112 times.... that's 32 more than ARob

Yeah, like they would have those same numbers with chad freakin henne at QB!!!!!
Quote:QB must be terrible.....

Blaine Bortles imo
Quote:An anomaly. Rungame is so bad that we're forced to air it out. Allen & Allen are good but these stats are skewed

Huh?

Are we watching the same games?  Unfortunately they are not putting W's in the right column but the QB is progressing and it looks like we actually have an offensive future.  If they can fix the running game, this offense is poised to totally make up for backsliding on the defensive side of the ball.
Quote: 

<div>Randy Moss and Wes Welker in 2007 to both have 600+ yards and 6+ tds in a season through the teams first 8 games. 

special.

</div>

That same team in 2007 went undefeated all the way until the Super Bowl.

I wonder what the difference is between that 2007 team and this current Jaguars team?

Take a look for yourself at game #17 for that undefeated team.

Some of you may have forgotten who they played.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/te...e/2007.htm
We should be undefated then till we reach the Super Bowl.

Quote:That same team in 2007 went undefeated all the way until the Super Bowl.

I wonder what the difference is between that 2007 team and this current Jaguars team?

Take a look for yourself at game #17 for that undefeated team.

Some of you may have forgotten who they played.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/te...e/2007.htm

Damn you Dennis Northcutt
Difference? Pats game plan was to air it out and score more than everyone every time.

IIRC that year their D was "down" that won a lot of high scoring games.

They also passed and ran up the score on teams they were beating down.

We're passing out of need. Being close or down in the 4th.
Pages: 1 2 3