Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: TU Roundtable Input
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The TU writers had some mid-season questions in a roundtable article.  My input...

Which was the most inexcusable one possessions game loss (Indy, Tampa, or Jets)?

...Indy for me due to all the missed field goals, and a division game.

What has impressed you so far about Blake Bortles?

...his ability to keep his eyes downfield after getting killed with the sacks and pressure.

MVP, Surprising, and Disappointing players on offense?

...MVP to Robinson for making plays, Surprising to Hurns as he is continuing to improve and blossom from an undrafted player, and Disappointing to Julius Thomas for a waste of cap thus far.

With the offseason free agency investments in the defense, why is there a lack of big plays?

...easy, no play-making pass rusher to make the opposing QB make quicker decisions and mistakes.

MVP, Surprising, and Disappointing players on defense?

...MVP to Poz as I didn't know what an important cog he was until Armbrister stepped in, Surpising to Skuta as I was so-so on his signing, and Disappointing to Odrick as I expected so more impact.

One word to describe the special teams?

...putrid (agree with Carlyon)

Assessment of Coach Bradley midway through his 3rd year?

...I am holding out assessment until the end of the year.  Not good thus far but he hasn't had much talent to work with for most of the time since his hiring.

Which player have you seen enough of and want to see more of?

...I want to see less of Gerhart, as he is just too slow to be effective.  I want to see more of Lee, assuming he can get healthy, to give the pass game some additional speed/threat.

What will qualify as a successful second half of the season?

...for momentum heading into next season, success would be 4-4 to me.

If Dave gave you $15m to sign one offseason free agent, who would it be?

...without looking up a free agent list, the best young pass rusher to form a duo with Fowler.

I can agree with  each one of your input comments with a minor tweak here or there. :yes:

I'd look to sign the best NT in free agency to truly solidify the DL, so you'd have Odrick, stud NT, Marks, Fowler starting. It's not that Roy Miller is garbage, but there are guys out there simply much better who can seriously upgrade that spot making the Jaguars defense incredibly stout up front. In particular I'm wondering about signing BJ Raji or Damon Harrison.

Quote:If Dave gave you $15m to sign one offseason free agent, who would it be?

...without looking up a free agent list, the best young pass rusher to form a duo with Fowler.

Bruce Irvin