Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Vegas Odds Jacksonville @ Baltimore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I missed the opening odds yesterday, but as of right now the odds are Baltimore -5.5 and the Over/Under is at 48 points.

A bet on the Jaguars means that they either win, or lose by less than 5.5 points.

A bet on the Ravens means that they win by more than 5.5 points.

I kind of "feel" it this week.  I think that the Jaguars cover the spread and the I would bet the over on this.

Baltimore wins 27-20

Ravens defense is atrocious this year. Their secondary and pass rush have been hit very hard with injury.

This will be a shootout type of game, IMO. Flacco at home after a bye week is not going to be easy to defeat.

This is another game the Jags have a real chance to win. But, alas, I think the Ratbirds will take it.

***Puke-- I really hate the Ratbirds
Hasn't the over been reached in like every game?

I like a bet on a Jags win/close loss with the over. 27-24 ish

Baltimore wins and scores 30 because our D gives up 30 per game. 30-24

Jaguars 37

Ravens 30

It all comes together this weekend. :yes:

Overs and Jags cover by winning outright.
Without Steve Smith, I don't see how Baltimore has a big day passing against us.

But part of me realizes we'll make a way for him to have a big day.

Quote:Without Steve Smith, I don't see how Baltimore has a big day passing against us.

But part of me realizes we'll make a way for him to have a big day.

It's bizarre what happened to the Lions and the Ravens this year...  

But with that said, I think Flacco get's right against us...  Don't they still have pretty good TE play?  I think we'll stop them in terms of rushing the ball.  But we just never seem to be able to get off the feild on 3rd and longs.

The game is good, but they get 27 points...  We get 24... 
Jags on the money line this week. Book it.
The odds are we will lose, that's the odds.

It doesn't mean the Jags will lose, it just means the odds are they will lose.

I don't know if we win, but like last week...we cover!

I dont have faith in the Jaguars defense to stop any team from passing all over them, so I would expect another close game down to the wire..

but I think Blake will have another great game of 300 passing yards... and maybe TJ Yeldon over 100 rushing too....

I expect the Jaguars to win almost all their games the rest of the season maybe losing to the Chargers, Saints, and one other game... but 5 out of 8 is realistic I think...

to finish 7-9 (which is what most people had predicted prior to the season starting)...

Quote:I missed the opening odds yesterday, but as of right now the odds are Baltimore -5.5 and the Over/Under is at 48 points.

A bet on the Jaguars means that they either win, or lose by less than 5.5 points.

A bet on the Ravens means that they win by more than 5.5 points.

I kind of "feel" it this week.  I think that the Jaguars cover the spread and the I would bet the over on this.

From what I'm seeing, it opened at 6 1/2 but has dropped to 5 1/2 pretty much everywhere with just a few places still at 6.

I don't see why the Ravens should have opened so high.

Quote:From what I'm seeing, it opened at 6 1/2 but has dropped to 5 1/2 pretty much everywhere with just a few places still at 6.

I don't see why the Ravens should have opened so high.

It's not really too far off.  Basically, in the betting world the Ravens are favored by around a field goal.  The home team typically gets 3 points so even at 6.5 they really are only favored by 3.5.  The game is a pretty good match up, and based on schedule alone (games played) it's hard to favor either team outright.
That's silly.

How do you score a half a point?
Quote:That's silly.

How do you score a half a point?

A lot of times Vegas will use fractions (usually halves) to prevent what is called a "push" or in other words, a tie.  Think of it this way.  If the line is -3.5 for a team and they win by 3 then they don't cover the spread.  A bet for the opposing team would cover that spread and be the winning bet.

Same with Over/Under.  If the Over/Under for a game is 42.5 and there are 42 total points scored, then the Under bet wins and the Over bet loses.
Quote:It's not really too far off.  Basically, in the betting world the Ravens are favored by around a field goal.  The home team typically gets 3 points so even at 6.5 they really are only favored by 3.5.  The game is a pretty good match up, and based on schedule alone (games played) it's hard to favor either team outright.

It's just as well as the Jaguars have been playing, and as porous as the Ravens secondary has been, I presumed the spread would be something like Ravens by 2 1/2 where it's virtually even after accounting for home field with the jaguars pushing the line slightly their way. Are they giving the Ravens an extra 3 points because of Myers?

Quote:A lot of times Vegas will use fractions (usually halves) to prevent what is called a "push" or in other words, a tie.  Think of it this way.  If the line is -3.5 for a team and they win by 3 then they don't cover the spread.  A bet for the opposing team would cover that spread and be the winning bet.

Same with Over/Under.  If the Over/Under for a game is 42.5 and there are 42 total points scored, then the Under bet wins and the Over bet loses.
I think he's yanking your chain.  Smile
Jags win a laugher, 44-27.

Pages: 1 2