Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Banned Colors and Pledge at Universities Veteran's Day Parade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Absolutely preposterous.  Why even have the ceremony if you don't recognize what the veteran's have fought for and gave the ultimate sacrifice for?  This country is so worried about offending someone, we have forgotten why we are such a great country.  I am literally at a loss...how can anyone be an American and not be outraged?

http://unclesamsmisguidedchildren.com/se...y-service/

SMH. The gutless [BLEEP](s) who made this decision should be made to feel 'uncomfortable'. 
This is utterly rediculous.
Preposterous

It doesn't say anywhere in the constitution or the declaration of independence that you have a right to NOT be offended

What happened to separation of church and state? It's not a parade; it's a church service.

Private Group has a right to refuse whatever they want to refuse, or is it they only have a right to refuse gay people?

It's a private university. What's the outrage about??

Meh I don't see much of an issue with it ...googling it though, the university changed their mind on the decision 3 days ago
Quote:What happened to separation of church and state? It's not a parade; it's a church service.
If it's only a garden variety church service that only by happenstance falls on Veteran's Day, I agree. However, unless I misinterpreted the article, it's a Veteran's Day Service.  It's not much of a stretch to think the purpose of a Veteran's Day Service is to honor Veterans.  IMO, this is gutless kowtowing. 
Am I the only one who has never said the Pledge in church? I don't get what the big deal is with this.
So in order to keep my doorbell from ringing early weekend mornings, I can just put an American Flag out on my front porch?

Quote:Am I the only one who has never said the Pledge in church? I don't get what the big deal is with this.
Ditto. I went to St. John's Cathedral weekly as a kid, and while I do remember an American flag hanging on occasion (usually Fourth of July, Labor Day and Veterans' Day weekends, if I recall correctly), I don't recall ever reciting the Pledge.
Quote:So in order to keep my doorbell from ringing early weekend mornings, I can just put an American Flag out on my front porch?
I usually just put a Jaguars' flag on the porch. Out here, that's more than enough to steer people away.
This is such male cow dung I don't know where to start.  Presenting our Nation's Flag (Colors) might make citizens of our nation "uncomfortable"?  Reciting The Pledge might make some people "uncomfortable"?  At a service observing Veteran's Day?

As a Veteran myself I am offended by this.  Many people like me served so that these idiots can exercise their perceived "right" not to be made "uncomfortable".  I paid a heavy price along with my many Veteran brothers and sisters.  It's not only about the Veterans that suffer from injuries, mental health issues and even those that paid the ultimate price.  It's also about recognizing the sacrifices the we and our families made while serving our country.

As far as I'm concerned, groups such as these can take their fake Veteran's Day celebrations/ceremonies and stick it up where the sun don't shine.

Quote:This is such male cow dung I don't know where to start. Presenting our Nation's Flag (Colors) might make citizens of our nation "uncomfortable"? Reciting The Pledge might make some people "uncomfortable"? At a service observing Veteran's Day?

As a Veteran myself I am offended by this. Many people like me served so that these idiots can exercise their perceived "right" not to be made "uncomfortable". I paid a heavy price along with my many Veteran brothers and sisters. It's not only about the Veterans that suffer from injuries, mental health issues and even those that paid the ultimate price. It's also about recognizing the sacrifices the we and our families made while serving our country.

As far as I'm concerned, groups such as these can take their fake Veteran's Day celebrations/ceremonies and stick it up where the sun don't shine.

This. It's not about it being at a church, as stated by some. Don't say you are going to honor veterans and not celebrate the 2 very things that they sacrifice for.

Thank you Jagibelieve for your service. I know it can be very difficult.
Separation of church and state should be for our government since they are our policy makers, not the citizens..
What's interesting to me here, isn't that it's being done but that it's being done by an evangelical university. 

Quote:Am I the only one who has never said the Pledge in church? I don't get what the big deal is with this.

I've been to many services where the presenting of Colors happened prior to the start of the service, and The Colors were retired at the conclusion of the service in true military fashion.  I will admit that it's unusual for The Pledge to be recited, but The Colors have always been displayed and a part of the ceremony.  This wasn't necessarily just for a celebration such as Veteran's Day, but also for weddings and funerals.
Quote:Thank you Jagibelieve for your service. I know it can be very difficult.

I appreciate that.
As was stated earlier in this thread, the church changed their position a few days ago and will allow the flag and the Pledge. Non-story. Let's move on to the next wacky Trump quote.

Pages: 1 2 3 4