Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Loser Mentality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
"We met today and like always, we tell the truth," said Bradley. "We went through everything and I was very pleased with our team's effort overall. I think our preparation going into the game, the clarity that we talk about with our team, I thought was very evident. Going into a tough environment, it's a very good team that we faced. To go up there and at least the mindset that we had going into the game, I was very pleased."

- Gus Bradley

Gus will probably get next year. If he's still saying this type of stuff after losses next year hell be gone. But he should be terminated at the end of this year.
Contrast that with Hue Jackson.

"I measure it by winning," he said. "I don't look at that same things you guys do. I know everybody wanted to run the ball more. I get that. But my job is to win. I'm not trying to make anybody happy. I don't worry about feelings, I don't worry about fantasy stats, I don't worry about who scores touchdowns. I don't worry about any of that.

"When they say, 'W,' the Cincinnati Bengals are 7-0. That's all I care about. The rest, I deal with. I know what we are."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/n.../75114688/
Man if Gus would just throw a clipboard or sonething, it would be such a relief.
My favorite part:

"at least the mindset that we had going into the game"

Yeah Gus, nice work!
Quote:Man if Gus would just throw a clipboard or sonething, it would be such a relief.
It would be a relief if he would focus on winning football games and quite with this type of nonsense.  There are no moral victories, this is the NFL.  You play to win the damn game.  Shut up with this crap, Gus.
Cherry pick much?

Quote:"At critical times in the game, offensively we have to make plays, defensively we have to make stops and special teams you have to come through.

"That's what we're not doing right now."

us, here you really make the big step is, 'What do winning teams do consistently?' Those teams make plays at critical times."
Not sure what he said is incorrect. Nobody really picked the Jags to win this game and we were in contention the whole time. The game plan did work, the players just didn't execute. We could have won 2-3 times but because of stupid mistakes, that didn't happen.

Quote:Not sure what he said is incorrect. Nobody really picked the Jags to win this game and we were in contention the whole time. The game plan did work, the players just didn't execute. We could have won 2-3 times but because of stupid mistakes, that didn't happen.

He could have left off the "I was very pleased".
Quote:Man if Gus would just throw a clipboard or sonething, it would be such a relief.
Like this
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1291037/jagsrage.gif?_ga=1.18241401.1530379648.1439902046' title="External link">[Image: jagsrage_medium.gif]</a>

Quote: 

<div>"I measure it by winning," he said. "I don't look at that same things you guys do. I know everybody wanted to run the ball more. I get that. But my job is to win. I'm not trying to make anybody happy. I don't worry about feelings, I don't worry about fantasy stats, I don't worry about who scores touchdowns. I don't worry about any of that.

"When they say, 'W,' the Cincinnati Bengals are 7-0. That's all I care about. The rest, I deal with. I know what we are."

</div>
This is like kryptonite to the "but the stats were good" group on this forum.
Quote: 

<div>"I measure it by winning," he said. "I don't look at that same things you guys do. I know everybody wanted to run the ball more. I get that. But my job is to win. I'm not trying to make anybody happy. I don't worry about feelings, I don't worry about fantasy stats, I don't worry about who scores touchdowns. I don't worry about any of that.

</div>
I like it
Nice try team!
Quote:This is like kryptonite to the "but the stats were good" group on this forum.
I'm going to start posting this to the stat improvement group on here for now on with nothing else.
Quote: 

</div>

Damn, why can't we get this?  This is what this young team needs.

Quote:My favorite part:

"at least the mindset that we had going into the game"

Yeah Gus, nice work!

Yeah, this was great.  Along with him being pleased.  Not just pleased, very pleased.

WE LOST.

Your mentality, whatever mindset you are preaching, it didn't work.  It hasn't worked for almost three years.

God I hope the players don't develop this mindset.

Quote: 

</div>
[Image: cd1cwe0cia0s3tbnxp36.jpg]
Quote: 

Damn, why can't we get this?  This is what this young team needs.

If he talked like that to the Jacksonville media, I wonder if Hicken and Martineau would cry?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5