Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Appeals court keeps block on Obama immigration actions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Appeals court keeps block on Obama immigration actions

The timing would seem to allow the Supreme Court an opportunity to rule on the issue this term.

A federal appeals court has rejected President Barack Obama's effort to move forward with a series of executive actions he announced last year seeking to give quasi-legal status and work permits to millions of illegal immigrants.

The 2-1 ruling Monday from the New Orleans-based 5th Circuit is a defeat for the Obama administration, but one that may have come just in the nick of time to give the Supreme Court the chance to revive Obama's attempt to make it easier for many immigrants who entered the U.S. illegally to live and work here.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/ob...z3r5mpPqi2

This nation is built on checks and balances of the 3 separate branches.  This is not a dictatorship.  Just because he wants to change a law doesn't mean he has the authority because he has a pen and a phone.  Finally, 26 states are standing up to this lawlessness and abuse of executive power.

Good deal.

My own views on immigration aside, we have a legislature for a reason. These reforms should have gone through them in the first place, and I'm glad the courts are recognizing that.

Quote:My own views on immigration aside, we have a legislature for a reason. These reforms should have gone through them in the first place, and I'm glad the courts are recognizing that.
Agreed, unilaterally doing something just because you want to is not how our country works.