Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Babich has to go!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We are giving up almost 30 points per game. I don't understand how we don't intercept the ball or get after the QB consistently and he still has a job.
Woo-hoo another fire thread
Quote:We are giving up almost 30 points per game. I don't understand how we don't intercept the ball or get after the QB consistently and he still has a job.

We can't get after the QB because we lack pass rushers and we don't get turnovers because we can't get after the QB.
Quote:Woo-hoo another fire thread
Important contribution. Well done, my man.

Edit: Look, KFL, I looked through the threads. I didn't see any "Fire____" thread other than the big one calling for Gus' job. I don't know if there has been other that were merged or deleted, but Babich doesn't get enough blame for the defense.
Quote:We can't get after the QB because we lack pass rushers and we don't get turnovers because we can't get after the QB.

That's why I'm hoping we go defense in the first. There's talent at the CB position, but we give Q's too much time
This is a more likely scenario than gus being fired right now.
Please explain what another could do that Babich isn't. We simply don't have the talent to rush the pass on any meaningful level. Marks won't be back to normal until next year. Clemons is ok but old. We just don't have anyone. Fowler will be back next year. We may have a chance to add a pass rushing DT or OLB with our first pick. I think next year's defense will be much better.

Quote:Please explain what another could do that Babich isn't. We simply don't have the talent to rush the pass on any meaningful level. Marks won't be back to normal until next year. Clemons is ok but old. We just don't have anyone. Fowler will be back next year. We may have a chance to add a pass rushing DT or OLB with our first pick. I think next year's defense will be much better.
There's always next year. A day in the life of a jags fan...
Quote:Please explain what another could do that Babich isn't. We simply don't have the talent to rush the pass on any meaningful level. Marks won't be back to normal until next year. Clemons is ok but old. We just don't have anyone. Fowler will be back next year. We may have a chance to add a pass rushing DT or OLB with our first pick. I think next year's defense will be much better.
You say the same thing about Gus.  Are you trying to say you dont think we can get an upgrade at DC and HC that could make this defense better than the coaching staff we have?
Quote:We can't get after the QB because we lack pass rushers and we don't get turnovers because we can't get after the QB.

This. You can put lipstick on it but at the end of the day a pig is still a pig. We lack the rushers to make game changing plays. We're scheming our hearts out but I can recall on multiple occasions Sunday, us sending 5 or more rushers but no one getting home. There's a reason as to why Caldwell went with Fowler over the likes of Cooper and Williams.
Babich is Gus's puppet, let's be realistic.
Quote:This. You can put lipstick on it but at the end of the day a pig is still a pig. We lack the rushers to make game changing plays. We're scheming our hearts out but I can recall on multiple occasions Sunday, us sending 5 or more rushers but no one getting home. There's a reason as to why Caldwell went with Fowler over the likes of Cooper and Williams.

He needs to do it again next year. A lot are complaining about our corners, but the root of the problem is pass rush.
He needs to go
Quote:Woo-hoo another fire thread

To be fair when you only win 3 games every  year for three years what do you expect?  Especially when the Defense is in the bottom almost all three years, is the leagues worst at INTs among DBs all 3 years! (ranked 32)!

The defense has improved this year they are ranked 18th overall, 7th against the run, 25th against the pass....

the offense is ranked 16th overall 11th in passing, and 23rd in running..

so there is improvement this year... but people want results now...
Not a huge fan of Babich myself but anyone with functioning eyes can see our pass rush is a major hole.

There is a reason why DE is considered the third most important position on a team. It affects the whole defense.
Quote:Not a huge fan of Babich myself but anyone with functioning eyes can see our pass rush is a major hole.

There is a reason why DE is considered the third most important position on a team. It affects the whole defense.
It's amazing what great pass rushers can do for DC's. Look at what the Giants great pass rush did for Steve Spagnuolo's career. People thought he was the next great defensive coach but turns out having Strahan, Umenyiora, and Tuck really does wonders for a defense. 
Quote:Not a huge fan of Babich myself but anyone with functioning eyes can see our pass rush is a major hole.

We did draft one with the 3rd overall pick this year, the staff obviously know we need a pass rusher but fate would have it he's out for the year. Grab another in one of the first 3 rounds this year and we'll be scary upfront next year.

We've actually build a good run D - aside from the Bucs game we've held some good runners down to low yardage.
Didn't last year the Jags got a bunch of sacks and still sucked on defense? How many interceptions we had then? Excuse making on why a coach who specializes in defense can't get that side of the ball outta the 30's in defensive stats. Babich sucks right along with Bradley who hired him.

It is curious that our secondary has zero interceptions...

The zone defense is only as good as the defensive front is at getting pressure on the quarterback... consistently. Let's face it, while last year we did get some sacks, they were the exception as in general we didn't actually put much pressure on the opposing quarterbacks. That means that other teams quarterbacks were able to play with a fair amount of time in the pocket before pressured and pick apart our soft zone coverage.

Combine that with our relatively low scoring offense and it's easy to see why we've consistently been losers. Add additional 'road blocks' like poor special teams play and questionable play calling at times (along with the poor use of time outs and challenges) and achieving a victory... especially on the road... seems like an almost insurmountable objective!

However, I should like to go on record as saying that the game this past Sunday vs. the jets was, in some ways, encouraging, even though we bought another loss. I'm of the opinion that in the end the jets didn't really win that game so much as fourth quarter errors on our part lost it. Remove the muffed punt/fumble, the red zone fumble by Bortles, and Poz' recovers that fumble... and maybe we're looking at a win against a team with a winning record.

It's clear that our defense sold out to stopping the run... and was successful at it for the most part. It certainly appears that we're better at stopping (or at least, limiting) opponents running games than we are at getting to their quarterback very often. If we're playing a team with a limited passing attack (the ravens, for example...) then we might consider trying the same concept of selling out to stop the run again. The ravens have a good quarterback though, so who knows; we could get burned... but then again, what else is new?

Don't give a cook water and vinegar, and expect to get a 5 star meal. 

Pages: 1 2