Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gratz vs McCray
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who is the better player and who should be ahead on the depth chart?

Depends on if you prefer mustard or mayo on your ham sammich.

They both suck.  Draft Hargreaves III.

Gratz just continues to look out of position on plays...  He's a good tackler, but he can't cover very well.  Give me McCray, let's see what he can do...  But, of course, it's not gonna happen.

Blank #2
Gratz should stay on the field. He's an excellent tackler. Especially when the ball's in the air.

Quote:Gratz should stay on the field. He's an excellent tackler. Especially when the ball's in the air.

[Image: Yoda-What-You-Did-There-See-It-I-Do.jpg]

I have always said that the Jaguars DBs are the weakest link, especially at safety.  If you go back and research my comments I've been saying that for a few years now, but I do wonder if part of it has to do with HC Gus Bradley's scheme.
It is still a mystery of what happened to McCray who played well last year as a man coverage CB.

Personally, I thought they looked fine today. The Jags catchers were the guys making the wow plays on their vaunted D. Jags D did not lose this game. See their short fields?

Go look how many points the D absorbed based on O and ST mistakes. It's bound to frustrate, and hella demoralizing to stop opposition's O at the MOST critical times only for BlaKeInt to go mindless, or Marshall to moosh and have to come right back on the field, now backed into your endzone.

The D is not below average, neither the O. Team mindset, however, or the art of winning is epically bottom feeder.
I'm quickly getting to where I don't care anymore.

Somebody help me.  :wacko:

Quote:It is still a mystery of what happened to McCray who played well last year as a man coverage CB.
It's a mystery as to why he can't play well enough to beat out Gratz this year, but that's what's happening.

He took snaps with the ones last week in practice and still got beat out by Gratz.

Is it possible he's being poorly evaluated? Yes.

Is it even more likely he's just not playing well enough to win the spot? Yes.
CB has been ignored for a long time. They tried with the House signing but the due is trash. I don't care if he plays well for 3.5 quarters when you give up to a crucial TD or catch in crunch time every game your bad

Quote:CB has been ignored for a long time. They tried with the House signing but the due is trash. I don't care if he plays well for 3.5 quarters when you give up to a crucial TD or catch in crunch time every game your bad
If they'd give him help once in a while, he wouldn't look nearly as bad at the end of games. The dude's a solid starter, but he's not Darrelle Revis. You can't just isolate him on the best receivers in the game and expect him to hold up in single coverage all day. He needs help over the top against elite receivers, and he's not getting it.
I seriously hope McCray gets cut so these threads stop. He isn't doing what is necessary to even get on the field. He is not as good as you think he is.

Neither, they both are 4th CBs at best. Anyone that thinks theyre better has gotten used to sucking for to long. This secondary needs an overhaul except for Aaron Colvin.
All our corners suck.

Predator is looking real dumb right now lol. I guess him, Gus, Babich, and Gratz voted for Gratz