Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Still have long way to go but i see it!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yes we still lost today. yes we had a chance to win yet again this season.  I noticed a huge difference between today,and last year.   Last year we get down early 17-3 ,and it becomes a blow out. Today we were down 17-3 early,we kept fighting made a game of it,made it close today. even had chances to pull out a win. The team has improved,but still has a lonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggg way to go. 

the improvement is this,we fight better instead of lieing down to get blowen out. 

Ever the optimist.
I'm just telling it like it is. 

Quote:I'm just telling it like it is.

#thuglife
If there is a bright side it is the fact that they've been in most of the games. Sucks being a fan sometimes.
Team has a loser mentality and culture.

Losers always lose.
Quote:Team has a loser mentality and culture.

Losers always lose.
It's the "everybody wins" or "we believe in moral victories" that plagues this team.

Gus says our team will learn from the wins and losses. 

Well, what on earth are they learning? Because it isn't translating to WINS. Unfortunately, our players are being coached by a blind mule... 

Like I have said before. I would rather win ugly, than to lose pretty.
I think Wolfie's Magoo glasses are dirty..
Quote:yes we still lost today. yes we had a chance to win yet again this season. I noticed a huge difference between today,and last year. Last year we get down early 17-3 ,and it becomes a blow out. Today we were down 17-3 early,we kept fighting made a game of it,made it close today. even had chances to pull out a win. The team has improved,but still has a lonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggg way to go.

the improvement is this,we fight better instead of lieing down to get blowen out.

I'm in 100% agreement
We are better. Cut out dumb mistakes and many games would be different this year. But we are what we are right now and mistakes are prevalent in every game. Coaching is where I'm at.
The season is lost, in my opinion...  But it's not lost because of the talent on the team.

Walters played great.  As did Hurns.  AR15 had some drops but he started turning it on around the end of the 2nd Quarter.  Yeldon is sporadic, but you can tell he's got the potential to be really good.  At the moment, he's just average...  Which for a rookie is not too bad.  I hope next year Yeldon really explodes for us.

Our D has some work to do.  But there are some bright spots there too.  I just think we don't utilize our Defensive players properly to get the best out of them.

But overall, we're a legit NFL team.  We just need someone to take us to the next level.  Our talent needs fine tuning and better coaching.  But man, you can see the talent is there.

Quote:The season is lost, in my opinion...  But it's not lost because of the talent on the team.

Walters played great.  As did Hurns.  AR15 had some drops but he started turning it on around the end of the 2nd Quarter.  Yeldon is sporadic, but you can tell he's got the potential to be really good.  At the moment, he's just average...  Which for a rookie is not too bad.  I hope next year Yeldon really explodes for us.

Our D has some work to do.  But there are some bright spots there too.  I just think we don't utilize our Defensive players properly to get the best out of them.

But overall, we're a legit NFL team.  We just need someone to take us to the next level.  Our talent needs fine tuning and better coaching.  But man, you can see the talent is there.

And that is exactly why it is not lost.  The Jets have pretty much shut down WR1 and WR2 for every team this year (Crabtree had a good game, but Hurns still outperformed him), but our WR's continue to prove they are legit.  We are on the verge of winning, but I agree, we need a new coach.  
Quote:And that is exactly why it is not lost.  The Jets have pretty much shut down WR1 and WR2 for every team this year (Crabtree had a good game, but Hurns still outperformed him), but our WR's continue to prove they are legit.  We are on the verge of winning, but I agree, we need a new coach.  

I just don't know where we get wins to get to 7-9.  With the clot win, 7-9 wins the division, it's no longer a race to 6 wins...  I just don't see us getting there anymore.

With that said, alot to be hopeful for. The first thing that needs to happen though, as you said, is we get a new coach.
Quote:I just don't know where we get wins to get to 7-9.  With the clot win, 7-9 wins the division, it's no longer a race to 6 wins...  I just don't see us getting there anymore.

With that said, alot to be hopeful for. The first thing that needs to happen though, as you said, is we get a new coach.

I'm not hopeful for anything.  I'm week to week right now.  Whatever happens to Bradley will happen.  I just want us to stop making the same dumb mistakes every week and start rising to the occasion.  We have talent.  That is good.  Harder to find than coaching.
Quote:I just don't know where we get wins to get to 7-9.  With the clot win, 7-9 wins the division, it's no longer a race to 6 wins...  I just don't see us getting there anymore.

We still have four divisional games to play, and in this division those are all winnable even the Colts game. Next week we have a road game at the Ravens and then there's a home game upcoming verses the Chargers, and both of these teams have a similar record. Down the stretch we face the Saints and Falcons, and while these games may seem tougher they're beatable as well considering they were just beat today by the Titans and a Gabbert-led 49ers team respectively. Heck, if only the Jaguars figure out how to eliminate these stupid mistakes, they could run the table.

Quote:The season is lost, in my opinion...  But it's not lost because of the talent on the team.

Yeah, it's pretty sad that this season is lost because so many things were lining up for the Jags this season,

At least they lasted until the second week in November this year, unlike past years where it was pretty much over by October.