Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Just got back from the game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This one stings. Here are my thoughts

1-The defense honestly played well. Great run defense, yes alot of points but our horrible special teams gave the Jets alot of short fields in the first half.

2-Why is Branch still on this team, and on top of that,hes starting. He does absolutely nothing. Always getting pushed 10 yards back away from the quarterback.

3. Do the DB's practice catching the ball because they act so suprised when the ball hits there hands, missed 2 picks today and nobody knows how to pick up a fumble.

4- Its looking more and more likely that Julius Thomas was only good because of Manning. The dude is just as slow has Marcedes Lewis.

Overall, things didnt go our way at all today. I was sitting there sick thinking that the game was fixed at one point because the refs missed many calls in the jets favor. Seems like every week this happens. We had opportunities to win this game and we just can't do it, happens all the time. Finding ways to lose.

You can kiss the division goodbye cause its not going to happen this year. We will be lucky to win another 2 games.
Oh, and Bortles making too many mistakes still.
Quote:This one stings. Here are my thoughts

1-The defense honestly played well. Great run defense, yes alot of points but our horrible special teams gave the Jets alot of short fields in the first half.

2-Why is Branch still on this team, and on top of that,hes starting. He does absolutely nothing. Always getting pushed 10 yards back away from the quarterback.

3. Do the DB's practice catching the ball because they act so suprised when the ball hits there hands, missed 2 picks today and nobody knows how to pick up a fumble.

4- Its looking more and more likely that Julius Thomas was only good because of Manning. The dude is just as slow has Marcedes Lewis.

Overall, things didnt go our way at all today. I was sitting there sick thinking that the game was fixed at one point because the refs missed many calls in the jets favor. Seems like every week this happens. We had opportunities to win this game and we just can't do it, happens all the time. Finding ways to lose.

You can kiss the division goodbye cause its not going to happen this year. We will be lucky to win another 2 games.

Thank god, I can't believe how much I argued with the silly posters on this board the other day about how ridiculous this team would be if they managed to somehow win the worst division in football. Get that top 5/10 pick, it's clearly going to only benefit this team more. 
Quote:This one stings. Here are my thoughts

The team is good at stopping the run because they have three defensive tackles on the line 90% of the time. Probably contributes to the severe lack of pass rush as well.
Quote:The team is good at stopping the run because they have three defensive tackles on the line 90% of the time. Probably contributes to the severe lack of pass rush as well.
The run wasn't successful against our D today.  But that's not a trend.  The trend is that teams are usually gashing us for rushing yards.
Quote:The run wasn't successful against our D today. But that's not a trend. The trend is that teams are usually gashing us for rushing yards.

You might want to check your facts. We only had ONE bad game vs the run. The week Poz was out. Every other week we've been stout.
I agree with everything you said OP. Sorry you had to sit through that travesty.
Quote:The run wasn't successful against our D today.  But that's not a trend.  The trend is that teams are usually gashing us for rushing yards.

lol, no it's not.

We're the top defensive team in the league for rushing yards per attempt in the league and tenth in rushing yards against.

Quote:The run wasn't successful against our D today.  But that's not a trend.  The trend is that teams are usually gashing us for rushing yards.
We are actually 1st on defense on average per rush at 3.5

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?t...RAGE_YARDS
Quote:You might want to check your facts. We only had ONE bad game vs the run. The week Poz was out. Every other week we've been stout.

I'll admit I was half wrong...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/te...x/2015.htm

4 of 8 games we allowed over 100 yards rushing this year with 1 more game being 95 yards (just 5 shy of another 100 yard game).  I wouldn't call that good.  So, I'll also admit there is obviously no trend.  We are hit or miss when it comes to run D.
Quote:I'll admit I was half wrong...

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/jax/2015.htm'>http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/jax/2015.htm</a>

4 of 8 games we allowed over 100 yards rushing this year with 1 more game being 95 yards (just 5 shy of another 100 yard game). I wouldn't call that good. So, I'll also admit there is obviously no trend. We are hit or miss when it comes to run D.

7th in the league vs the run at ~94 yards per game. That's definitely not bad. The week without Poz was a disaster against the run.

This team definitely has issues, but so long as Poz is on the field, the run defense is not at all one of them.
Quote:7th in the league vs the run at ~94 yards per game. That's definitely not bad. The week without Poz was a disaster against the run.

This team definitely has issues, but so long as Poz is on the field, the run defense is not at all one of them.

It's not bad...but all the other stats tell a more complete story...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/te...x/2015.htm

31st in points, 28th in TOs, 29th in 1st Downs, 27th in rushing attempts, 20th in rushing TDs, 25th in passing yards.  My comment wasn't to take away from the times the run D has held their own.  But I'm sure an argument could be made that when teams have success in the air against us that they run just enough to keep our D honest.

And you said our running D is not an issue.  I would suggest it is Jeckyl and Hyde ish.  We don't know which one is going to show up and teams have overall had success when you see we are 20th in the league in rushing TDs against our D.
 I don't know what is more hilarious, this statement or your avatar to go along with it. 
Quote:It's not bad...but all the other stats tell a more complete story...

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/jax/2015.htm'>http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/jax/2015.htm</a>

31st in points, 28th in TOs, 29th in 1st Downs, 27th in rushing attempts, 20th in rushing TDs, 25th in passing yards. My comment wasn't to take away from the times the run D has held their own. But I'm sure an argument could be made that when teams have success in the air against us that they run just enough to keep our D honest.

And you said our running D is not an issue. I would suggest it is Jeckyl and Hyde ish. We don't know which one is going to show up and teams have overall had success when you see we are 20th in the league in rushing TDs against our D.

The eyes don't lie. Teams struggle to run well against us. Our lack of pass rush leads to a lot of success in the passing game making the overall Defensive numbers suffer a lot. Truth is, we are not good against the pass. Yet. If Fowler pans out next year, our D could be notably better. That's a complete unknown, though.

Look at Ivory today. He could not get any meaningful yardage. He got a pair of 1 yd TDs but couldn't get more than 1-3 yards a carry.

RBs not named Doug Martin have struggled against us.

It's the one bright spot on D. Don't try to dim it! Lol
Quote:The eyes don't lie. Teams struggle to run well against us. Our lack of pass rush leads to a lot of success in the passing game making the overall Defensive numbers suffer a lot. Truth is, we are not good against the pass. Yet. If Fowler pans out next year, our D could be notably better. That's a complete unknown, though.

Look at Ivory today. He could not get any meaningful yardage. He got a pair of 1 yd TDs but couldn't get more than 1-3 yards a carry.

RBs not named Doug Martin have struggled against us.

It's the one bright spot on D. Don't try to dim it! Lol

I can live with that... :thumbsup:
Branch got a sack and that is more than the others can say. Run D is about the only thing that looked good. If we can just get teams to run on 3rd down we might increase the 3rd down stop %. I think Blake held the ball to long and took preventable sacks. The play calls were crap against a team that blitzs as much as Pit if not more. No hard counts, delay runs, middle screens, TE screens. Practice on who you're suppose to block Parnell. Do ya'll think Yeldon is great? I know he can't block for crap and if you can't do anything else but run then you aren't as valuable as fans might think. Cut the legs if you can't block. WR's had trouble catching minus Walters that went pretty much 100%. Why is it that these guys can't play as one freaking unit. Good note is that Myers made his kicks (this weekend). Special team don't mind giving up big runs but can't get them. Who called for the new punt return guy. I bet he will rethink that. It's funny that you can barely hear the post conference. You guys talk about draft picks but frankly I don't want them. I mean announcers talk about young team and 2nd year players, all it is an excuse for losing, that do we need another 7 or so. I think they are just comfortable losing and winning is new and scary for them. Anyway who's next in line to beat this team and improve their confidence. 4th place in division and last in the conference here we come. 

Also, are we the worst team at defending screens? Everyone succeeding on 3rd and long.
Quote:Branch got a sack and that is more than the others can say. Run D is about the only thing that looked good. If we can just get teams to run on 3rd down we might increase the 3rd down stop %. I think Blake held the ball to long and took preventable sacks. The play calls were crap against a team that blitzs as much as Pit if not more. No hard counts, delay runs, middle screens, TE screens. Practice on who you're suppose to block Parnell. Do ya'll think Yeldon is great? I know he can't block for crap and if you can't do anything else but run then you aren't as valuable as fans might think. Cut the legs if you can't block. WR's had trouble catching minus Walters that went pretty much 100%. Why is it that these guys can't play as one freaking unit. Good note is that Myers made his kicks (this weekend). Special team don't mind giving up big runs but can't get them. Who called for the new punt return guy. I bet he will rethink that. It's funny that you can barely hear the post conference. You guys talk about draft picks but frankly I don't want them. I mean announcers talk about young team and 2nd year players, all it is an excuse for losing, that do we need another 7 or so. I think they are just comfortable losing and winning is new and scary for them. Anyway who's next in line to beat this team and improve their confidence. 4th place in division and last in the conference here we come.

Yeldon for the most part has been decent at pass blocking for a rookie. Definitely has room for improvement, and has been inconsistent... But there's promise there.

I dont think the "2nd year players" thing is an excuse as much as its a positive sign for the future. These guys are young playmakers who are only going to get better with experience and will be around for quite a while. Gives hope for the future.
Colvin was really getting picked on today.
Quote:Also, are we the worst team at defending screens? Everyone succeeding on 3rd and long.

I yell that out every week. 3rd and 12, run a screen and get a first down. It has happened all year. That also goes back to coaching.
Pages: 1 2