Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rookie mistakes ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There were some pretty big mistakes today, spoiling what could have been an impressive game.

I guess you put some of that down to the pressure of chasing a desperate situation. But I'm sure we will also hear them described as "rookie mistakes" again and references made to our "young team".

I'm just wondering how much longer these suicidal mistakes can be blamed on inexperience?

There are so many good things to feel optimistic about, it's a pity these bad judgement calls are undermining us.
Quote:There were some pretty big mistakes today, spoiling what could have been an impressive game.

I guess you put some of that down to the pressure of chasing a desperate situation. But I'm sure we will also hear them described as "rookie mistakes" again and references made to our "young team".

I'm just wondering how much longer these suicidal mistakes can be blamed on inexperience?

There are so many good things to feel optimistic about, it's a pity these bad judgement calls are undermining us.
They will continue to be blamed on inexperience as long as inexperienced players are making the mistakes.
Ownership is going to evaluate as a young team with inexperienced players. Going to be rough for the fans through the off season. I have a feeling they will stay the course to the ticked offness of the fans.

Quote:They will continue to be blamed on inexperience as long as inexperienced players are making the mistakes.

Yes, but I guess my point is, that some of these players aren't really rookies any more and perhaps shouldn't be making those mistakes now...
Quote:Yes, but I guess my point is, that some of these players aren't really rookies any more and perhaps shouldn't be making those mistakes now...
Look at all the turnovers today. The guys making the bulk of the big mistakes are rookies and 2nd year players.

Those are the growing pains that come with having youth in key positions. Experience is gained by learning from your mistakes.

It may be frustrating but it is what it is at this point. Unfortunately there is no fast forward button to skip the growing pains.
Its frustrating but I know theres light at the end of the tunnel
Quote:Look at all the turnovers today. The guys making the bulk of the big mistakes are rookies and 2nd year players.

Those are the growing pains that come with having youth in key positions. Experience is gained by learning from your mistakes.

It may be frustrating but it is what it is at this point. Unfortunately there is no fast forward button to skip the growing pains.

The majority of the players making mistakes are Rookie/2nd year... Because the majority of the TEAM are Rookie/2nd year

Quote:Its frustrating but I know theres light at the end of the tunnel
Thats the train.
Quote:Thats the train.

Which seems to wreck on a weekly basis.
Quote:The majority of the players making mistakes are Rookie/2nd year... Because the majority of the TEAM are Rookie/2nd year
It's kind of hard to avoid in that situation.
Quote:It's kind of hard to avoid in that situation.

Just saying... It's kind of a fallacy. You could as easily say the majority of the players making mistakes were in Jags uniforms.
Excuses made by losers.

It seems like the 52nd or 53rd player on the team is losing the game for us.  Myers, Grant, Marshall.  Guys who have one simple job. 

Quote:Just saying... It's kind of a fallacy. You could as easily say the majority of the players making mistakes were in Jags uniforms.
The only fallacy would be comparing inexperience, which has shown a direct correlation to making mistakes throughout history of mankind, to wearing a certain uniform
Quote:The only fallacy would be comparing inexperience, which has shown a direct correlation to making mistakes throughout history of mankind, to wearing a certain uniform

You really missed the point?

I can't help you.

Yes, "most" of the mistakes are made by our young players... Same with "most" of our great plays.

Because "most" of our roster is young guys and they are "most" of who is on the field.

It's a redundant statement to say most of our mistakes are by young players since that describes almost the entire roster.
Quote:You really missed the point?

I can't help you.

Yes, "most" of the mistakes are made by our young players... Same with "most" of our great plays.

Because "most" of our roster is young guys and they are "most" of who is on the field.

It's a redundant statement to say most of our mistakes are by young players since that describes almost the entire roster.
Thanks for pointing out most of our players are young Captain Obvious. We really needed your insight on that otherwise we would never figure out why we keep making young/rookie mistakes.

Maybe you should have a point that wasn't already completely and thoroughly understood before you worry about people missing it.
Quote:Thanks for pointing out most of our players are young Captain Obvious. We really needed your insight on that otherwise we would never figure out why we keep making young/rookie mistakes.

Maybe you should have a point that wasn't already completely and thoroughly understood before you worry about people missing it.

I wasn't the one trying to make the point that it's mostly our Rookie and 2nd year players that are making the mistakes.
Nick Marshall.

Promising......

.....rookie.
Quote:Nick Marshall.

Promising......

.....rookie.

He saw open turf and got a head of himself.
Is this the first time that these guys have ever played football? No? I didn't think so. If you start in Rec ball for the first time or JV for the first time then yes you are a Rookie but by time you reach NFL then you are not a Rookie. Unless running, catching, tackling, scoring is totally different. NOOOO I didn't think so. Then what is the problem.  

Pages: 1 2