Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Yeldon vs NYJ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Admittedly, this question has fantasy implications, but as I think it's also critical to the Jags chances this weekend I'm curious what you guys think.  

The Jets have a top 5 defense and have been strong against the run all year.  There a strong front four, and their backend is good enough to regularly leave 8 in the box, which their scheme calls for.  So far the Jets have allowed an average of 78 y/g, and a mere 0.28 RuTD/g (roughly 30% of their games).  

However, it has been showing some signs of weakness as they have faced some tougher offenses the past two weeks.  Last week Latavius Murray ripped off 113 rushing yards (Oak had 118 total) but failed to find the end zone.  What kind of success do you think Yeldon and our running game can muster vs this defense?

I'm gonna take the over on both. He gashed Buffalo who were ranked 3rd or 4th against the run I believe. And we're gonna try to establish the run early.
Run blocking is very poor.
Play him. Every game I've seen of the jets play the opposing RB had success. I like Yeldon and his ability to dance in this game even with our wack run blocking. I'm playing him in draftkings.
18 carries, 55 yards, 0 TDs. Jets have a really really good defensive line.
I will gladly be served a big bowl of crow if I'm wrong but, I think Yeldon will be held under 78 yards and no score... 

Let's hope I am wrong.

I'm not confident in Yeldon actually scoring, but I do seem inking more than 80 yards.

The guys are fresh and pretty much full strength.....AND,,,,,its a new "season".

I bet the jets make the mistake of underestimating the Jags this Sunday.

If Fournette and Henry are sitting there when the Jags draft next year.... Yeldon whom?

Quote:If Fournette and Henry are sitting there when the Jags draft next year.... Yeldon whom?

Cute but Fournette is a true sophomore and cannot enter the draft.
I havent seen the Jets play all season, but looking at the box scores it seems like the QBs end up with more yards than the RBs in most games lulz...even Tom Brady track star led his team in rushing.

17 car 71 yrds. Don't expect us to run too much.
19 carries 74 YDS - 1 TD
Their run d is awesome at home. Yeldon probably gets handcuffed from gus for whatever reason and gets 15 to 20 carries at most.

A breakout game would be most promising. I wish he'd be involved in the pass game as a catcher. When you can pass protect like he can it's so important to keep defenses off balanced by having designed plays for him.
As long as Jags don't abandon the run he will get over the yards and he has at least 50% to score a TD. The real question is will Special Teams score a TD????? Lets hope so to help out the O. Lets have dominance without the comeback again. 

Yeldon needs touches and patience, he'll pop a few. Quite comfortable with him.
Quote:I will gladly be served a big bowl of crow if I'm wrong but, I think Yeldon will be held under 78 yards and no score... 

Let's hope I am wrong.
I hope Yeldon can come out from the second half and prove me wrong....

COME ON!
Very poor in pass pro. Not much space to run, but there were some creases he could've taken advantage of.

Just seemed like he didn't have the same energy and urgency I'm used to seeing. Looked very sluggish and unexplosive.
Yeldon is terrible.. Just like Bortles.