Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Week Nine Inactives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Jaguars are healthier than they've been all season making it tricky to project their seven inactives, But here goes...

JAGUARS INACTIVES

WR Marquis Marqise Lee

LG Zane Beadles

S James Sample

RB Toby Gerheart

LB Hayes Pullard

DE Chris Smith

CB Nick Marshall

Earlier in the week it looks like Sample was gearing up to play and that Evans might miss the game with a groin injury. LIkely one of the two are inactive, As the week closed, however, Sample ended up being limited in practice every day and is listed as questionable while Evans practiced in full on Friday and is listed as probable for this game in his hometown. Meanwhile, I see Shatley, who Gus has said a few nice words about this past week, as starting in place of Beadles who is listed as questionable with a foot injury. Beedles is thought to be a gametime decision. Shatley was inactive as a healthy scratch the past several weeks.

Last week the newly added RB Joe Banyard was inactive, but after Gerheart's performance last week and noticing how they keep talking about other RBs taking his reps, I'm going out on a limb to say Banyard is active and while Gerheart sits out the game. Pullard was recently signed and likely sits out as he gets more acclimated to the Jaguars system. Chris Smith has been inactive the past few games and likely remains on the list. Finally, I'm thinking Nick Marshall sits out again as he's been on the list before, although it's possible they sit Peyton Thompson instead.

JETS INACTIVES

S Calvin Pryor

RB Bilal Powell

CB Buster Skrine

G Willie Colon

QB Bryce Petty

OT Ben Ijalana

WR Devin Smith

The Jets have several players who it looks like are set to play through injuries. Brandon Marshall is listed as questionable and is a gametime decision, but I'm guessing he plays. Meanwhile, Mangold, Cromartie, Decker, Ivory, Fitzpatrick and Geno Smith all appear to be ready to play through their injuries. Skrine and Colon are questionable, but I'm presuming they'll sit out the game.

I'm thinking Petty and Ijalana are healthy scratches for at least a few straight weeks. Rookie G Jarvis Harrison was a healthy scratch the past several weeks, but he may be active this week with Colon inactive. Devin Smith is listed as probable with an ankle, but with Kendrell Thompkins who was fomerly a healthy scrub with the Jets looking good last week versus the Raiders, I'm going out on a limb and saying Thompkins is active a second straight week as they give Devin more time for his ankle to heal up.

I really hope Mangold isn't ready to go. Also Beadles has missed a game in his career I believe. I think he gives it a go and Shatley is inactive.
No Gerhart?!

We have a shot now..
Quote:I really hope Mangold isn't ready to go. Also Beadles has missed a game in his career I believe. I think he gives it a go and Shatley is inactive.

Mangold is definitely playing.

On Beadles, did you mean to say "has not"?

Quote:Mangold is definitely playing.

On Beadles, did you mean to say "has not"?
Mangold practiced limited on thurs and Friday. He's questionable.
Quote:Mangold practiced limited on thurs and Friday. He's questionable.

Check again... the Jets are listing him as Probable.

On the Jets official Website, there's a video link captioned "Mangold (neck) Practices Full; Probable for JAX"

I really hope Beadles misses this game. I wanna see what Shatley can do.
Quote:Check again... the Jets are listing him as Probable.

On the Jets official Website, there's a video link captioned "Mangold (neck) Practices Full; Probable for JAX"
Cool. Article at NJ.com told me otherwise.

I'll just hope he's far from 100%.
Quote:No Gerhart?!

We have a shot now..
Gus didnt even name him when he talked about the RBs lol
Can't see Beadles missing. I think one of the TE's will be inactive though - we don't really need 4 active.

It is Marqise........................

Quote:It is Marqise........................

Oh yeah... I keep forgetting how he has such a unique spelling. Nine out of ten times it's Marquis. ...He just happens to be that tenth time. I'm sure if he were active more often I'd see his name enough to get it right.

Quote:Can't see Beadles missing. I think one of the TE's will be inactive though - we don't really need 4 active.

They seem to like having all four active. A couple times since Julius Thomas returned I guessed that Nic Jacobs would be inactive, but that never happened. Clay Harbor is the only TE to miss a game aside from Julius being out the first several games, but that was only because Clay was hurt.

Quote:Gus didnt even name him when he talked about the RBs lol

It might be a bit of a wake up call for a few players to actually see Gerhart listed as inactive.

Gerslow shouldn't even be on the roster taking up a valuable inactive spot.
@JohnOehser

Jaguars inactives Sunday: RB Toby Gerhart, WR Marqise Lee, S James Sample, DE Chris Smith, RB Joe Banyard, LB Hayes Pullard, OL Luke Bowanko
Quote:@JohnOehser

Jaguars inactives Sunday: RB Toby Gerhart, WR Marqise Lee, S James Sample, DE Chris Smith, RB Joe Banyard, LB Hayes Pullard, OL Luke Bowanko

So Bowanko is out instead of Beadles, although we still don't know for sure if Beadles or Shatlley is starting.

And then Joe Banyard is still out instead of Nick Marshall which means they only have Yeldon, DRob and Pierce active at RB.

The Jets inactives are...

■ QB Bryce Petty

■ S Calvin Pryor

■ RB Bilal Powell

■ G Willie Colon

■ OL Dakota Dozier

■ T Ben Ijalana

■ NT T.J. Barnes

I called Perry, Pryor, Powell, Colon and Ijalala, but missed on other two. They have Dozier and Barnes inactive instead of Buster Skrine and Devon Smith.

Quote:The Jets inactives are...

■ QB Bryce Petty

■ S Calvin Pryor

■ RB Bilal Powell

■ G Willie Colon

■ OL Dakota Dozier

■ T Ben Ijalana

■ NT T.J. Barnes

I called Perry, Pryor, Powell, Colon and Ijalala, but missed on other two. They have Dozier and Barnes inactive instead of Buster Skrine and Devon Smith.

Very close. Good work.