Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Should Jags try to Trade Allen Hurns to Pats?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
No way he's worth #32.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Brutally misinformed article here and even more poorly written

The Patriots wanted to Swap 1st's with the Saints, not give up a 1st

You would not get a 1st round pick for Hurns or Lee, ever. 

If you trade away Hurns you might as well throw away Coughlin's prime example of his model receiver/player.

Hurns is Tough, Smart, Crafty, and most of all Humble.

You'd always see Hurns standing by the head coach even when 'Mister Softee' was here.

If we traded away all receiver's but one, I'd want Hurns.

Quote:If you trade away Hurns you might as well throw away Coughlin's prime example of his model receiver/player.

Hurns is Tough, Smart, Crafty, and most of all Humble.

You'd always see Hurns standing by the head coach even when 'Mister Softee' was here.

If we traded away all receiver's but one, I'd want Hurns.

Your last sentence has me scratching my head. No way I'd take Hurns over ARob or Lee.

Quote:Your last sentence has me scratching my head. No way I'd take Hurns over ARob or Lee.

That's fine.

It's my opinion.

Yes IMO you take the toughest receiver. One that has accomplished records as a rookie.

Two little notes to spur my side of the argument;

1."Hurns was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars after going undrafted in the 2014 NFL Draft. In his NFL debut on September 7, 2014, against the Philadelphia Eagles, Hurns caught 4 passes for 110 yards and two touchdowns. His first two receptions in the first quarter both went for touchdowns, making Hurns only the second wide receiver in NFL history to record touchdowns on his first two catches, and the first rookie to ever score 2 receiving touchdowns in the first quarter of his first game."

2."As of 2015, Allen Hurns holds the record for most touchdowns in first 2 seasons for an undrafted free agent in NFL history (16), and was the only wide receiver to score a touchdown in seven straight games, all while playing with a sports hernia. He was ranked 89th by his fellow players on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2016.<sup>[17]"</sup>

Yeah lets get rid of him before the other 2, Good Choice.

Heres an extra bonus http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-ja...-toughness

I think "Bubba" isn't getting his proper appreciation here. I expect a huge year from Agent 88.

I guess we're trading the whole team to the Patriots.

No on Hurns. No on A-Rob.

If we do have to select a new QB in 2018, I want him to have great receivers.

Quote:I guess we're trading the whole team to the Patriots.

'Tis the season for floating bad ideas about trades, free agency and over-drafting. 
Quote:'Tis the season for floating bad ideas about trades, free agency and over-drafting. 

Yeah, playing Madden while chasing PBR with a Monster is a bad idea 
I'd rather trade ARob than Hurns. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I just love that kids heart and effort. Can't buy or train that stuff....
Quote:I'd rather trade ARob than Hurns. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I just love that kids heart and effort. Can't buy or train that stuff....

Which is why they locked him up early and have no intention of trading him.  

Hurns doesn't have the talent of Lee or Robinson but he's got work ethic, toughness and team first mentality in spades. And it's not like he's exactly lacking in the talent department either.  His drop rate in 2016 was alarming, but I feel confident he'll get that in check. 

Nah, just the best parts.

For real though. Why are the Pats the only team we could trade to?
No stop it, why are you guys insane? First of all no one would give up a 1st for Hurns. He's just not THAT good. He's a very good receiver for us, though.

Next will be Telvin for a 2nd.

Quote:No stop it, why are you guys insane?

Next will be Telvin on the trade block.
Well, we better get rid of Ramsey too while he still has a shred of value. Clearly his diva mentality will never work out with Coughlin's old school methods and it's just a matter of time before he bails on us anyway. 
In before the "Trade Marquise Lee to the Pats" thread.
I agree. Plus he likes to tweet too. Such heartache and trouble for ThunderCat and co.
To NYC that is, for Ramsey...
Pages: 1 2 3