Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Lets all remember this from now on!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I picked the jets this week mainly because Jags haven't played vs a ream since they beat bills. Jets hae been playing while Jags were on bye last week. Yes the bye did get some players for us healthier.

The thing though is no one from Jags played last week,and team might be  out of sync this sunday. in other words a slow start to the game,and will look  out of pratice. With that being said all i am saying is the bye could hurt Jags this week cause its been a bit since on field playing againest someone team wise.   Anyways lets move on to this now as well.  I am not saying here Jags will win,nor am i saying they will lose this week. What i will say is this. Lets support our team from here on out win,or lose.  

Here is some reality for all here.   Not matter how bad,or how good a team looks their is always a chance of winnning.  

ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If bortles throws anymore than 2 TDs, We'll win easily. They're offense can't do crap once you beat them up a little. Marshall? Lol. Get him pissed and he's done faster than a steak. 

by the same token they've had an extra week of rest, some injured guys are back and

they have the additional motivation that our real season is just beginning.

it's a young team that just came off realizing they can pull together and win a game instead of dropping it.

That's huge, they've proven to themselves.....they CAN WIN.

I have a feeling you're going to see a different cat now.

GO JAGS!
Usually you see a young team regroup and refocus during a bye. Especially after a win. I honestly expect them to start pretty hot.

After seeing what the Raiders did, the Jets don't scare me as much. Hurns, Walters, and JT will be huge contributors and ARob can beat Revis on those 50-50 balls so that should be interesting. (Those 50/50s are more like 80/20s when thrown to ARob lol)
I'm afraid that we might get smoked by the green machine.. we'll see I guess. Todd Bowles is shaping up as a really good hire by them

Quote:If bortles throws anymore than 2 TDs, We'll win easily. They're offense can't do crap once you beat them up a little. Marshall? Lol. Get him [BAD WORD REMOVED] and he's done faster than a steak.

Marshall is playing quite well this year. Crisp routes and yac.

It's hard for me to see us win. Just a really tough matchup on the road.

It'd be nice for us to lean on short passes to the backs to supplement the running game but ollie favors tight end routes to open up the deep ball. Play action may work but if we stick to the run.

I'd be very surprised at a high score come Sunday.
I'm not worried so much about the pass. I really think they are going to come out trying to establish the run. Hopefully we can get up on them fast and make them one dimensional. If we can do that, I think we win.
Solid logic, can't argue with you Wolfdog.
Quote:If bortles throws anymore than 2 TDs, We'll win easily. They're offense can't do crap once you beat them up a little. Marshall? Lol. Get him [BAD WORD REMOVED] and he's done faster than a steak. 

Sorry, but his just makes me laugh.  Have you not watched our D this year?  Bet them up a little?  We rush 4 and play a 3 deep zone on the majority of our plays.  We are the quinticential bend put don't break D.  Our standard defensive package is what most teams call a "prevent" D...

Did you see what EJ Manuel did to us from the middle of the 2nd Quarter on?  Unless Gus Badley figures out how to coach in the NFL, we are gonna need 3 TDs passing and 1 TD rushing, and probably a FG or 2 to win this game.
Why do I even read your posts.

Ok, I'll remember
Our offense may match up pretty well when compared to their offense. The thing is, our offense isn't on the field with their offense but their defense, and the jets have a very good defense! As a matter of fact, I suspect they have a better defense than we do an offense. And our defense against their offense? You must be joking?! Our defense is soft coverage and Fitzpatrick is an experienced NFL quarterback... no contest.

Even if we can keep from shooting ourselves in the foot on our offense, our defense is our Achilles tendon. We just don't get pressure on the quarterback very often and we get burned as a result of it. We don't have to have 'super stars' on our defensive line to get the job done... just good players who can get enough pressure to not allow their quarterback to get too comfortable; but we fail to do that very often.

It's true that 'on any given Sunday' things can happen... however, the probability of 'things' happening (like us getting an upset win) are very low. We're not the raiders...

the whole point of this post was about sticking with team though bad,and good. it has nothing to do with predicting a win,or loss. yes a lot of us except us to lose to jets tommorrew.  Thats beside the point. We as fans are to stand by our team though the Bad,and Good. Later today i will make another post that regards improvement,winning,and losseing.

I never understood all the "stick by the team through the bad and good" stuff.. Anyone who is actually here, obviously, already does..
Quote:Sorry, but his just makes me laugh.  Have you not watched our D this year?  Bet them up a little?  We rush 4 and play a 3 deep zone on the majority of our plays.  We are the quinticential bend put don't break D.  Our standard defensive package is what most teams call a "prevent" D...

Did you see what EJ Manuel did to us from the middle of the 2nd Quarter on?  Unless Gus Badley figures out how to coach in the NFL, we are gonna need 3 TDs passing and 1 TD rushing, and probably a FG or 2 to win this game.

I don't even know if we fit the dont break part of it, we give up the 2nd most points per game in the league lol. 
??? Were u high when u wrote this, ur all over the place, u said u pick the jets bUT then u go on to say ur not saying th jags will win????... a team doesn't get out of sync after jus one week off, they get so rest their bodies, regroup and focus for the next opponent. A bye is a good thing
Quote:Sorry, but his just makes me laugh.  Have you not watched our D this year?  Bet them up a little?  We rush 4 and play a 3 deep zone on the majority of our plays.  We are the quinticential bend put don't break D.  Our standard defensive package is what most teams call a "prevent" D...

I didn't say it wouldn't be tough given our defense situation. I just said thats how we win. 
Quote:??? Were u high when u wrote this, ur all over the place, u said u pick the jets bUT then u go on to say ur not saying th jags will win????... a team doesn't get out of sync after jus one week off, they get so rest their bodies, regroup and focus for the next opponent. A bye is a good thing

I don't have any problem reading what he's saying. He's picking the Jets. It's straight forward. He later points out that the Jaguars still have a chance, but of course he's not saying the Jags will win since he's picking the Jets. What's the confusion?

As for his reasoning of the Jaguars possibly being out of synch, there is some merit for this. Tom Coughlin has said before that he almost hates the bye week when his team is winning games for this very reason.

Quote:I don't have any problem reading what he's saying. He's picking the Jets. It's straight forward. He later points out that the Jaguars still have a chance, but of course he's not saying the Jags will win since he's picking the Jets. What's the confusion?

As for his reasoning of the Jaguars possibly being out of synch, there is some merit for this. Tom Coughlin has said before that he almost hates the bye week when his team is winning games for this very reason.
Jags 02 you forgot to mettion the one big point i was makeing here. No matter rather we win,lose or tie we are to Stick by team,and cheer them on. Even if you don't thhink they can win in reailty,you still cheer them on,and stand by them. That was my point. You can predict team to lose,and still be a fan. We have to be realistic as well.

Yeah, but we usually take at least 8 minutes of game time bending before we break. That ensures a shorter game and less time for the offense to go 3 n out.
Quote:Jags 02 you forgot to mettion the one big point i was makeing here. No matter rather we win,lose or tie we are to Stick by team,and cheer them on. Even if you don't thhink they can win in reailty,you still cheer them on,and stand by them. That was my point. You can predict team to lose,and still be a fan. We have to be realistic as well.

I hear you. Actually, last week I picked the Bills to win thinking the Jaguars didn't stand much of a chance even with EJ starting, but I was still rooting for the Jaguars and was excited as heck to see them win. This week I'm I feel the Jaguars really do have a chance as long as they don't do something to blow it despite virtually everyone outside of Duval picking the Jets.