Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: CBS New York: Young Guns including Bortles are the next Anointed Phenoms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You can say that again....

I like how they start off by saying Luck has had injuries and not playing well and then just say RG3 is a mess and nothing else. By no means am I a RG3 fan but he has had it waaaay worse than Luck
Quote:I like how they start off by saying Luck has had injuries and not playing well and then just say RG3 is a mess and nothing else. By no means am I a RG3 fan but he has had it waaaay worse than Luck

Its stunning how one bad start to a season is enough for some people to give up on luck. I truely believe he's overated but he isn't trash or unworthy of someone to invest in either. The media made him "overated"
Quote:I like how they start off by saying Luck has had injuries and not playing well and then just say RG3 is a mess and nothing else. By no means am I a RG3 fan but he has had it waaaay worse than Luck

Agree.

His first coach let him freelance instead of teach him the NFL way, because it lead to success.

When he was injured, that coach forced him to play for the team to succeed.  That lead to a major injury.

Now, the same team with a new coach isn't pleased that he doesn't play the position the NFL way, and isn't as successful post injury.

Don't look at RG3, Washington.  Look at yourselves.  You made this.
Yeah. Luck's had, what, five bad games to start the year? In an offense better suited for him, Griffin could have been special. Instead, he was just ruined by the Shanahans, then disposed of by Gruden, whose system he is not even close to a fit for. I still think that Griffin to Philadelphia, assuming Chip Kelly stays there, would be a match made in heaven.
Quote:Agree.

His first coach let him freelance instead of teach him the NFL way, because it lead to success.

When he was injured, that coach forced him to play for the team to succeed.  That lead to a major injury.

Now, the same team with a new coach isn't pleased that he doesn't play the position the NFL way, and isn't as successful post injury.

Don't look at RG3, Washington.  Look at yourselves.  You made this.

I hear what you and TJBender are saying in regards to rgiii. And it truely is a study in how stupid a franchise and certain head coaches can be. But, i find it so hard to feel any sympathy for rgiii. The guy was a completely unlikeable, self centered, self promoting charlatan. He got what he deserved just as much as the franchise did. And shannanhan tainted his legacy as well. It's a tragedy of Shakespearean proportions, except for the fact that all the players in this tragedy are all total jerks and most people think they had it comin'.
Apparently today is the day everyone talks about Bortles
Quote:Apparently today is the day everyone talks about Bortles

Seems like it. I'm guessing a lot of writers are looking for their midseason award winners and are taking notice of Bortles' stats.
Or it's a week that we're playing a team from a major media market. 

Quote:I hear what you and TJBender are saying in regards to rgiii. And it truely is a study in how stupid a franchise and certain head coaches can be. But, i find it so hard to feel any sympathy for rgiii. The guy was a completely unlikeable, self centered, self promoting charlatan. He got what he deserved just as much as the franchise did. And shannanhan tainted his legacy as well. It's a tragedy of Shakespearean proportions, except for the fact that all the players in this tragedy are all total jerks and most people think they had it comin'.
I don't know what RG3 is like as a person. He does seem to be a self-promoting machine, but then again, so is Dave Grohl--the nicest guy in show business. What I do know is that he has/had insane physical gifts, and Washington gave up the farm to get him only to realize that he would never play the type of football that the Shanahans wanted him to. The Shanahans then got him seriously hurt by forcing him to play when he was pretty badly injured already, and that more or less ruined his early career. If RG3 had been drafted into Chip Kelly's offense, there would be far fewer people referring to either one of them as a bust.

The Shanahans' handling of RG3 is the main reason I don't want Kyle Shanahan as a head coach here. He and his dad gave up the farm to get their quarterback, then promptly destroyed him by trying to make him into the type of player he isn't and getting him injured so badly that his physical skills declined.
All of these professional sports writers are wrong. That dumb hick Baconator is right, he is the authority on QBs.
Quote:http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/11/04/b...silverman/

Funny the writer thinks that Jaguar fans dont realize how good Bortles might become, hmm i guess he never came on this MB.
Quote:Funny the writer thinks that Jaguar fans dont realize how good Bortles might become, hmm i guess he never came on this MB.
lol
Bortles is a gun slinger with Bravado, his TDs prove it........so does his pick 6's, 7 total
But Teddy = sliced bread..

I should know.. I have a blog..

Quote:Few people are noticing in and around Jacksonville, but the rest of the league understands just how good he is.

I'm fairly certain it's almost the exact opposite reality.

Quote:I'm fairly certain it's almost the exact opposite reality.

Lol, was thinking the same thing.
Maybe that's the case for everywhere but Jacksonville in terms of fandom, but I believe THE LEAGUE does realize how good Bortles is becoming.
Jags fans wait 15 years for a good quarterback, but don't realize that a #3 overall pick is looking good.

Sounds legit.
Pages: 1 2