Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Great analysis from ESPN on Bortles' improvement.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Apologize if this has been posted before.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/11/5/9...ps-in-2015

Pretty certain that BCC isn't an ESPN site.

...yet

Ah wait! Now I see it.

Quote:Pretty certain that BCC isn't an ESPN site.

...yet

Ah wait! Now I see it.
Sorry.  It was a link to ESPN site.
Quote:Sorry.  It was a link to ESPN site.

Not a problem. What's an extra click or two amongst friends?
awesome write up not to be taken well by the Bortles haters

Quote:awesome write up not to be taken well by the Bortles haters
Are there really Bortles haters? Why would there be? I mean, I recall the Blain Bortles or Blake Gabbert thread, but I figured they realized how silly that was after game 1 and have gotten on board since then. If you cannot see the improvement in Blake, then you are a football watching novice. I wonder if they can give a good breakdown of our guard play? (from another thread).
Quote:Are there really Bortles haters? Why would there be? I mean, I recall the Blain Bortles or Blake Gabbert thread, but I figured they realized how silly that was after game 1 and have gotten on board since then. If you cannot see the improvement in Blake, then you are a football watching novice. I wonder if they can give a good breakdown of our guard play? (from another thread).

The numbers have dwindled for sure. The most telling thing is the worst thing you would hear earlier in the season is that Bortles was the next Gabbert. Now it's that he's the next Eli Manning. Quite a leap.
Quote:Are there really Bortles haters? Why would there be? I mean, I recall the Blain Bortles or Blake Gabbert thread, but I figured they realized how silly that was after game 1 and have gotten on board since then. If you cannot see the improvement in Blake, then you are a football watching novice. I wonder if they can give a good breakdown of our guard play? (from another thread).
Bortles haters?

Oh yeah... we have a few posters on here that look at the stats and say Bortles isn't as good as Carr or Teddy.

He's mediocre.

Average at best.

Not good enough after 20 starts....

I can't believe you haven't seen them.
Quote:Bortles haters?

Oh yeah... we have a few posters on here that look at the stats and say Bortles isn't as good as Carr or Teddy.

He's mediocre.

Average at best.

Funny how many of them disappeared around the beginning of October
Quote:Bortles haters?

He's mediocre.

Average at best.

Yeah, here and there. It's not on the same line as the Gus hate though. 
Quote:Funny how many of them disappeared around the beginning of October
Thunderjag or Thundercat is the only one I can really remember being steadfast in his dislike of Blake. It's almost TMD-esque. Stick to your guns no matter what happens. 
Quote:Funny how many of them disappeared around the beginning of October

Blake has a bad game this weekend and they will magically resurface.
Quote:Thunderjag or Thundercat is the only one I can really remember being steadfast in his dislike of Blake. It's almost TMD-esque. Stick to your guns no matter what happens. 

JAGANTICUS or whatever his name is
Quote:Thunderjag or Thundercat is the only one I can really remember being steadfast in his dislike of Blake. It's almost TMD-esque. Stick to your guns no matter what happens. 

Quote:<div>
He sucks pretty bad. He can't read defenses, he under throws receivers, overthrows receivers, has no touch, his mechanics are  a mess and it's looking like he is just not a natural passer, and then to exacerbate all that he makes bad decisions with the football even when he does read the defense right. And he lets his mistakes get to him. He's no Gabbert but he's still not a good QB and his number are approaching typical first round bust QB numbers.

But since we're the Jaguars, we will win enough games to keep us from being able to draft Jared Goff and we will waste the top 5 or whatever pick we do get by taking the player with either clearly the most risk or the player that is so safe they have no upside. Or we do something like pass on Jalen Ramsey or Nkemdiche for one of the offensive tackles and they turn out to struggle mightily like most high drafted tackles now.

</div>

Quote:<div>
Question for Jag Fans other than pocket awareness which he good at

What does Blake do better than Blaine? Blaine threw a better ball, had a stronger arm,

And their accuracy was almost the same. Let me remind you that Blaine had significantly

Less talent around him too according to media and jag fans

</div>
Quote:The most telling thing is the worst thing you would hear earlier in the season is that Bortles was the next Gabbert.

"historically one of the worst"
Quote:Yeah, here and there. It's not on the same line as the Gus hate though. 
Oh no... definitely not up there with Gus.

But Gus' haters have strong arguments

Bortles haters looking at Teddy and Carr (with winning records) and assume Blake should be there as well.

Blake has no stellar D like the Vikes.

Oakland also has a stout D and Carr has a pretty good Oline. (Oakland also didn't blow everything up to rebuild in the way we did)
Arrow is pointing up for him. Excited to see what he does against the Jets, because Revis will take Robinson away. Overall, the Jets have the most talented defense on our schedule... and you know they will bring the blitz.

Bortles was the rawest prospect at the top of the 2014 qb class. It says the 21st game is his evaluation point to see how he projects, but I'd say his 32nd start is more fair. I expect next year, we will truly find out if he's the guy or not. From what I have seen this season, I expect him to solidify himself, at a minimum, as a franchise quarterback.
Arrow is pointing up for him. Excited to see what he does against the Jets, because Revis will take Robinson away. Overall, the Jets have the most talented defense on our schedule... and you know they will bring the blitz.

Bortles was the rawest prospect at the top of the 2014 qb class. It says the 21st game is his evaluation point to see how he projects, but I'd say his 32nd start is more fair. I expect next year, we will truly find out if he's the guy or not. From what I have seen this season, I expect him to solidify himself, at a minimum, as a franchise quarterback.
Quote:<p class="" style="font-weight:bold;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Minorcan, on 05 Nov 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:<a class="" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=609954'>[Image: snapback.png]</a>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Minorcan" data-cid="609954" data-time="1446744203">
<div style="margin:0px;">
Thunderjag or Thundercat is the only one I can really remember being steadfast in his dislike of Blake. It's almost TMD-esque. Stick to your guns no matter what happens. 
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p class="" style="font-weight:bold;">Vino, on 28 Sept 2015 - 10:47 PM, said:<a class="" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=560707'>[Image: snapback.png]</a>

Quote:<div style="margin:0px;">
He sucks pretty bad. He can't read defenses, he under throws receivers, overthrows receivers, has no touch, his mechanics are  a mess and it's looking like he is just not a natural passer, and then to exacerbate all that he makes bad decisions with the football even when he does read the defense right. And he lets his mistakes get to him. He's no Gabbert but he's still not a good QB and his number are approaching typical first round bust QB numbers.

But since we're the Jaguars, we will win enough games to keep us from being able to draft Jared Goff and we will waste the top 5 or whatever pick we do get by taking the player with either clearly the most risk or the player that is so safe they have no upside. Or we do something like pass on Jalen Ramsey or Nkemdiche for one of the offensive tackles and they turn out to struggle mightily like most high drafted tackles now.

<p class="" style="font-weight:bold;"> 
</div>
</div>
</blockquote>
SMH. Hard to understand. He makes mistakes sure and bonheaded plays from time to time, but what are they expecting? I think this is the issue. Their expectations are ridiculous. He's good and only getting better. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5