Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 3-6 will lead this division after week 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Colts are 3-5 and in the next two weeks play the Broncos and have a BYE.  Good chance they drop to 3-6.  Texans are currently 3-5 and play the Bengals and have a BYE.  Good chance they drop to 3-6.

We are 2-5 and have games against the Jets and Ravens both of whom are struggling.  If we werent so God awful ourselves, I would predict two wins but realistically lets say we split.  That puts us at 3-6 as well.  3 way tie for the division lead at 3-6.  Our next game after that is the Thursday night home game against the Titans.  They also suck but obviously cant pencil in a win for us against anybody.  However if we could pull that out, we'd be 4-6 and still leading the division.  If you told me we'd have a share of the (or the outright) division lead going into the game against the Chargers after Thanksgiving I would have never believed it.  My only hope for the year was that we'd be playing some games in December that actually mattered.  And we just may.

Amen and amen. Although the conditions are quite what I imagined they would be, it does feel good to see that the Division lead in November is still in sight.

If the colts keep sweeping the division it doesn't matter the out of division record.
AFCS Combined overall record:

9-21 WOW

* 5 of those 9 wins come from playing within the division

AFCS ROCKS!!!
Last night Mike Tirico said the Colts have only two losses against the AFC South and 17 losses against the rest of the NFL since they drafted Andrew Luck. My first thought was, "That is because the AFCS is the worst division in the NFL." We could be looking at a repeat of last year's NFC South: a losing team winning the division because all four teams suck.

Quote:If the colts keep sweeping the division it doesn't matter the out of division record.
Yup. I posted this in another thread,, but it applies here too:

Division Records

Colts 3-0

Texans 2-1

Jags 0-2

Titans 0-2

The Jags are gonna have to win most/all of their division games to have a chance (imperative that they beat the Colts).

And, hope that the tacks/tinhorns can muster a win against them too.

If not,, forget about it.
Gus has a chance to right a lot of wrongs and win back some fan support this weekend.

Will he seize the moment, or will the moment make him?

The greatest obstacle the Jaguars have in the AFC South standings is they are 0-2 in the division.   The Jags probably will need to go at least 3-1 in the remaining division games to have a realistic shot at winning the division.    Considering the state of the other 3 teams in the division,   a 3-1 record against them is a more than reasonable expectation for the Jags fan base.   Tennessee is an x factor because of the coaching change and their QB situation.    

Quote:The greatest obstacle the Jaguars have in the AFC South standings is they are 0-2 in the division.   The Jags probably will need to go at least 3-1 in the remaining division games to have a realistic shot at winning the division.    Considering the state of the other 3 teams in the division,   a 3-1 record against them is a more than reasonable expectation for the Jags fan base.   Tennessee is an x factor because of the coaching change and their QB situation.    

I agree.... although I will say if we're actually int he division title picture at the end, I think those wins will take care of themselves.  Realistically the winner of the division will end up with around 8 wins.  maybe 7.  And if we were to finish with 8 wins, we probably would have won a bunch of the remaining division games... unless by some fluke we go 0-4 or 1-3 and then win every single non-division game.  But that seems unlikely.  
It's crazy to think if Myers had only made one of those FGs against the Colts, they would likely be buried.  They'd be staring at 2-7 after the Broncos games and we'd be leading the division at 3-4 with 3 straight winnable games.  

raweyejag

Jags going to have to win 5 games even with win against Colts. Even then if you look at Colts remaining schedule the most they should lose is 4 games. That leaves us tied at 7-9 each and Colts would win tie breaker based on W/L in division.

Quote:I agree.... although I will say if we're actually int he division title picture at the end, I think those wins will take care of themselves.  Realistically the winner of the division will end up with around 8 wins.  maybe 7.  And if we were to finish with 8 wins, we probably would have won a bunch of the remaining division games... unless by some fluke we go 0-4 or 1-3 and then win every single non-division game.  But that seems unlikely.  

If the Jaguars can get to at least 7 wins this season,  it would signify major progress for the team,  whether they win the AFC South or not.   Gus Bradley would almost certainly be kept on for another season.  So much will depend on how the Jags Offensive Line performs and whether the team can generate enough of a pass rush.

With the Colts,  it probably will come down to the health and play of Andrew Luck and related to that,  the play of their Offensive Line.

While I definitely can envision a 6-10 winning the AFC South,   right now the only two teams in the division I can envision possibly getting to the 7 or greater win mark are the Colts and/ or the Jags.   The Texans lost their key Offensive player for the season and don't appear to have enough at QB to compensate against good or maybe even average teams.   Tennessee already has 6 losses.   If they go 6-3 the rest of the season,  even their most optimistic fans would probably be pleasantly surprised.    Especially,  when considering their problems on Offense.  

Quote:The greatest obstacle the Jaguars have in the AFC South standings is they are 0-2 in the division.   The Jags probably will need to go at least 3-1 in the remaining division games to have a realistic shot at winning the division.    Considering the state of the other 3 teams in the division,   a 3-1 record against them is a more than reasonable expectation for the Jags fan base.   Tennessee is an x factor because of the coaching change and their QB situation.    

Accuttly D6 Jags greates obstacle is thierselves.   they can't stop makeing mistakes at bad times. 
Damn Broncos ruined this theory!  But with Luck out for an extended period, the division becomes open again.  As far as the Jags, they need to start winning asap.  Not sure I'd say Balt is a must win but at this point, it may as well be.

AFCS right now might be the worst division of all time.