Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jets Week Injury Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Quote:Safety James Sample (shoulder) and tight end Julius Thomas (abdominal) were limited on Monday. Sample donned a red practice jersey on the field. (no-contact)

<p style="margin-left:60px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);"> 

Quote:<p style="margin-left:60px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Wide receiver Rashad Greene (hand, injured reserve-return) was out at practice and is scheduled to work with teammates on Wednesday as he makes his way back from injury.

<p style="margin-left:60px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Tight end Clay Harbor, who is returning from an abdominal injury, practiced full on Monday.

^     Mike Kaye  -  FCN   ^

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/spor.../75045826/

Quote:Rookie Wide receiver Rashad Greene, who is on injured reserve-designated to return with a thumb injury, is expected to be cleared to practice Wednesday. He caught passes on the side on Monday.

^ Oehser

Thanks, NYC. I'll be surprised if JT doesn't play, but it's something to keep an eye on.
Does this mean Marqise is dead?

Quote:Does this mean Marqise is dead?

He's at 88%.     When he reaches 91%, I'll look for him at Publix....
Quote:He's at 88%. When he reaches 91%, I'll look for him at Publix....
I'm assuming the 88% is a round up from 87.5?
Did anyone catch Bradley's presser today when he was asked about Lee? He said the injury was visible on the MRI scan. That leads me to believe he's dealing with some sort of grade 2 or 3 ligament tear.
Quote:Did anyone catch Bradley's presser today when he was asked about Lee? He said the injury was visible on the MRI scan. That leads me to believe he's dealing with some sort of grade 2 or 3 ligament tear.

All hamstring great tears are based on MRI findings, so even a grade one has findings on the MRI. They will be less prominent than grade 2 obviously though.

This comes back to my post in the other thread about how difficult it is to rehab from hamstring tears though. Even the experts disagree on strategies, techniques, exercises, etc. Combined with how different people heal differently, it can be really difficult to predict.
Not much to go on here except it does appear the Greene is right on track to play in their home gave vs the Titans.

Why not just place Lee on IR?
Quote:Why not just place Lee on IR?
Because they obviously feel there is a chance for him to get healthy enough to play this year and he needs the experience badly.

If they currently have no need for his roster spot, what would be the point of putting him on IR? He will get enough time to recover in the offseason regardless.

Putting a guy on IR just so the fans don't have to wonder about his status isn't a valid reason.
Quote:Does this mean Marqise is dead?
They said he ran Monday, and he said he felt good, so no set backs

For all the Lee hate for him being hurt, Gus said on the MRI you can see how severely bad the hamstring injury was, and usually you dont even see a hamstring injury on a MRI but this wasnt a pulled hamstring it was a tear, the guy was hurt really bad, and needed to heal so the team did the right thing.

Quote:Because they obviously feel there is a chance for him to get healthy enough to play this year and he needs the experience badly.

If they currently have no need for his roster spot, what would be the point of putting him on IR? He will get enough time to recover in the offseason regardless.

Putting a guy on IR just so the fans don't have to wonder about his status isn't a valid reason.

This, they feel he will get healthy, we still have 9 more games, I dont get the rush to put him on IR, we have 7 inactives every game anyways this isnt Madden where every non injuried player can play on gamedays 

Some moron fans are saying cut the guy 

Not too worried about our injuries.

Curious for the Jets doe

Quote:Not too worried about our injuries.

Curious for the Jets doe

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-...e02e1f7b0b

This was an interesting article. I guess we'll know more when they get back to practice on Wednesday, and release an injury report.
Quote:Why not just place Lee on IR?
Why does it matter either way?  Is there someone out there who we desperately need to pick up and add to the roster? 

If the team feels they might be able to get him back in some capacity before the season ends....especially if they think they can do so for a playoff run, I have no problem with them keeping him on the roster and monitoring his progress.  These hamstring issues are tricky to deal with, especially for skill players like Lee.  It may feel fine one day, then tighten up the next.  They need to allow the injury to scar up sufficiently, then work on a regimen to make sure that he gets completely stretched out before any on-field action. 
Quote:Why does it matter either way? Is there someone out there who we desperately need to pick up and add to the roster?

If the team feels they might be able to get him back in some capacity before the season ends....especially if they think they can do so for a playoff run, I have no problem with them keeping him on the roster and monitoring his progress. These hamstring issues are tricky to deal with, especially for skill players like Lee. It may feel fine one day, then tighten up the next. They need to allow the injury to scar up sufficiently, then work on a regimen to make sure that he gets completely stretched out before any on-field action.

It was sarcasm..
Quote:Because they obviously feel there is a chance for him to get healthy enough to play this year and he needs the experience badly.

You need your sarcasm detector turned on.
Both Jets qbs are day to day
Quote:You need your sarcasm detector turned on.
You need know how to say something sarcastically.

For some reason, I thought the players were supposed to be here to help the team, not the other way around. He's been here two years now and hasn't done squat except be hurt most of the time; which is also how he ended his college hitch.
Pages: 1 2 3 4