Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Paris environmental court meeting next month
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I get some here agree that man made global warming is a real threat and we should make changes to curve the damage to our environment, but do you also support the united nations creating a tribunal court that will have the authority to unilaterally deciede who's guilty of environmental crimes and levy sanctions and distribute redistribution between nations?

To me that is far more dangerous then any climate change threat real or exaggerated. I'm not even arguing for or against climate change in asking if you think a global court backed by the UN is the solution or even a feasible option? What's to stop the UN which is already a very corrupt organization from using this new Power to simply reward and punish various economies as they see fit?

On this Putin is 100% right this is nothing more than a move to redistribute wealth between nations and control the energy markets world wide.
Better question is does the countrt that is seriously considering bernie sanders all that concerned about national sovereignty
Yea this is a huge move to absolve national sovereignty
No. This is stupid. What it will end up as is big nations compensating small nations because big nations are big and small nations are small. Seychelles, for example, can point to climate change and argue that they didn't contribute to it, therefore they should be compensated for having to deal with it. Of course they didn't contribute to it. Their population is a tire. That doesn't entitle them to "reparations" from larger nations any more than larger nations would be entitled to payment from Seychelles for tsunamis originating on fault lines within Seychellian territorial waters.

Quote:No. This is stupid. What it will end up as is big nations compensating small nations because big nations are big and small nations are small. Seychelles, for example, can point to climate change and argue that they didn't contribute to it, therefore they should be compensated for having to deal with it. Of course they didn't contribute to it. Their population is a tire. That doesn't entitle them to "reparations" from larger nations any more than larger nations would be entitled to payment from Seychelles for tsunamis originating on fault lines within Seychellian territorial waters.

Sadly I don't have faith our politicians will see it the same way.
How did CO2 become so evil?  It's what trees and vegetables breathe. 

Quote:How did CO2 become so evil?  It's what trees and vegetables breathe. 

Look man, all that greenery is making the Earth warm up this week, we gotta stop it or else we'll all die.

Of course doing that means that the Earth will either cool down or dry up, no one really knows which, but either way we'll also all die.

So we should just join the Left's death cult now and do ourselves all together. I hear the Wells Fargo building is nice around 2pm this afternoon. Who's up to get down?