Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Andrew Luck has been playing with broken ribs...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just heard this on postgame show. Apparently the NFL is investigating whether Colts violated injury report rules. If they have, sanctions are incoming.

If anyone has a link, it'd be appreciated.
Somebody explain to me the benefit of hiding an injury.   Is the other team going to play better knowing he's got rib injury?  

He had the threat of a 40 year old taking his job so he had to conceal injuries.
Quote:He had the threat of a 40 year old taking his job so he had to conceal injuries.

I hope you're kidding.

But coming from you, you're probably not...
Living in Indy, I'm extremely suspicious of this whole report. The local sports media is completely committed to supporting the "Emperor's New Clothes" when it comes to Luck's clear poor play and it would not surprise me one bit if this a completely fabricated story. Won't help, though, as I think enough people even here are starting to sober up when it comes to The Golden Boy Who Can Do No Wrong.

And yes, Hasselbeck was a clear upgrade. Better decision making, ball came out quicker, and more accurate, and all that at 40 years of age and with the flu. That should tell you something.

Quote:Living in Indy, I'm extremely suspicious of this whole report. The local sports media is completely committed to supporting the "Emperor's New Clothes" when it comes to Luck's clear poor play and it would not surprise me one bit if this a completely fabricated story. Won't help, though, as I think enough people even here are starting to sober up when it comes to The Golden Boy Who Can Do No Wrong.

And yes, Hasselbeck was a clear upgrade. Better decision making, ball came out quicker, and more accurate, and all that at 40 years of age and with the flu. That should tell you something.

If Andrew Suck really had broken ribs, why didn't the Colts put them on the injury report? Only the shoulder injury was listed, but now suddenly out of nowhere a rumor begins he had something else. Ryan Grigson will get fined for this.
Well considering his 2 worst performances this year were the first 2 games before the alleged broken ribs, maybe they should break them more often.

He obviously must always be injured in the playoffs too...

Quote:If Andrew Suck really had broken ribs, why didn't the Colts put them on the injury report? Only the shoulder injury was listed, but now suddenly out of nowhere a rumor begins he had something else. Ryan Grigson will get fined for this.

That's the whole point of the league's inquiry. He should have been on the injury report, and because he wasn't the league may impose some kind of punishment or sanctions on the Colts. It's not looking good for them.

Quote:I hope you're kidding.

Look at their record with the 2 QB's. Hasselbeck is the more experienced guy who doesn't make mistakes and played in a Super Bowl. Better arm. Better decision making. Better pocket presence.

Aces in my book.
Quote:Look at their record with the 2 QB's. Hasselbeck is the more experienced guy who doesn't make mistakes and played in a Super Bowl. Better arm. Better decision making. Better pocket presence.

Aces in my book.

Yeah, I figured you weren't kidding.

Not surprised...
Ice up son
Quote:I hope you're kidding.

who has played better?

Hell... he's won just as many games with fewer starts.....
Quote:who has played better?

Hell... he's won just as many games with fewer starts.....

I don't blame him. It takes awhile for reality to set in when a 40 year old journeyman is outperforming the next "generational QB".
Quote:Somebody explain to me the benefit of hiding an injury.   Is the other team going to play better knowing he's got rib injury?  

If I know his ribs are hurting and I'm a defensive end, guess where my target is ALL game long.  Those ribs aren't going to heal all season when I'm done with him.  I don't blame them for not disclosing it.  I blame them for being dumb enough to get caught.
Andrew has been undergoing extensive hydrotherapy for the rib injuries..

[Image: caveman2.jpg]

Quote:Somebody explain to me the benefit of hiding an injury.   Is the other team going to play better knowing he's got rib injury?  

Reflective of the ongoing issues in their front office.
Quote:I don't blame him. It takes awhile for reality to set in when a 40 year old journeyman is outperforming the next "generational QB".
2012 NFL Draft QBs

RGme (Who will he play for in 2016, if at all)

Ryan Tannehill (WR to QB convert, has gone from being a project to a marginal starter with spots of greatness and full games of [BLEEP])

Brandon Weeden (He'll be 40 and retiring soon, after 2 failed stints at QB in Cleveland and Dallas)

Brock Osweiler (2nd round selection.... just riding pine waiting for Manning to fall off the cliff he's hanging from)

Russel Wilson (3rd round, 2 SB appearances 1 ring, albeit on the back of Beastmode and a defense that has since disappeared essentially, now he looks rather pedestrian) 

Nick Foles (Rams stop gap after being Eagles stop gap)

Kirk Cousins (Mr. You Like that, better than RGme but still not really that good)

and Luck, Mr. Sure Fire Can't Miss Once In A Lifetime Prospect.

he lit the league on fire as a rookie and brought the clots from worst to first rather quickly.

but still has failed in the playoffs. Now dinged up and full of excuses, the once in a generation QB looks like the best QB of a loaded but rather weak QB class.

So glad the clots sucked for Luck.
Can someone explain to me the benefit of them "hiding" this rib injury untill finally leaking it out to Jay Glazer on Sunday?

Something smells fishy on this one.  

Quote:Can someone explain to me the benefit of them "hiding" this rib injury untill finally leaking it out to Jay Glazer on Sunday?

Something smells fishy on this one.  

Again, it's reflective of the issues in the FO.

It's not about the "hiding", it's about someone inside leaking the info... knowing the trouble it would cause.

There's a rat who's trying to throw someone in the organization under the bus.
He was playing pretty bad from the start of this year. This whole broken rib thing is just ESPN's scapegoat when their golden child fails.
Pages: 1 2