Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Top needs for team. Apparently a Center...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000551301/article/2016-nfl-draft-order-and-needs-for-every-team?campaign=fb-nf-sf14660522-sf14660522'>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000551301/article/2016-nfl-draft-order-and-needs-for-every-team?campaign=fb-nf-sf14660522-sf14660522</a>

According to NFL.com

Of all the needs on this team, Center is pretty far down... considering we have a good one and a talented backup.
Yea it was a head scratcher if I ever saw one. But I wouldn't turn down an alex mack either.
Quote:Yea it was a head scratcher if I ever saw one. But I wouldn't turn down an alex mack either.

I wouldn't either, but I wouldn't call it a top need at all.
just sounds like an answer from someone who didn't actually do much research.

I really wouldn't be surprised if Mack ended up here if he does opt out. I would still love to see Wiz resigned either way and if Mack is here then Wiz and Cann can battle for the LG spot.
Quote:just sounds like an answer from someone who didn't actually do much research.

This
Well cornerback and safety are big needs so 2/3 ain't bad. 

Also Wisniewski is only on a one-year-deal so if you're not assuming he'll be back (which really he might not, who knows) then yeah center is a need again. 

Quote:Well cornerback and safety are big needs so 2/3 ain't bad.

Also Wisniewski is only on a one-year-deal so if you're not assuming he'll be back (which really he might not, who knows) then yeah center is a need again.
Bowanko?
"I should try out to be your kicker."

"Do it. I think you got a shot". 

Lol

Center is still a need.  Wiz has been okay but nothing spectacular and at times bad.  If an upgrade is there, you have to get them.  While it may not be a top need, it's darn close.
Quote:Center is still a need. Wiz has been okay but nothing spectacular and at times bad. If an upgrade is there, you have to get them. While it may not be a top need, it's darn close.
This is true. Beadles sucks, but Cann or Bowanko will be taking his place next season.

I do think Bowanko could end up taking over at Center next season. He needed to get stronger, and watch a hell of a lot of game film. Nothing wrong with trying to bring back Wiz or bring in Mack, though.
Did they say anything about blackouts and tarps too?

Have any of you watched Alex Mack lately??

Quote:Center is still a need.  Wiz has been okay but nothing spectacular and at times bad.  If an upgrade is there, you have to get them.  While it may not be a top need, it's darn close.

This exactly.  He's like ok 60% of the time and bad 40%... Which is probably a very slight improvement to Bowanko, but at least Wiz got the line calls mostly in order.
Quote:Have any of you watched Alex Mack lately??

Yeah, he's been pretty good outside his first game or two of the season coming back from injury.
Quote:This exactly. He's like ok 60% of the time and bad 40%... Which is probably a very slight improvement to Bowanko, but at least Wiz got the line calls mostly in order.
Basically. I don't think the long term center is on the roster.

By next year I expect Bowanko to either have switched positions, remaining a backup center option or he will replace Wiz. Wiz has yet to play well enough to warrant a contract extension unless he's signed to be the backup.

In reards to the Alex Mack comments...I've seen nothing negative about his play that I can remember since the first week or two. Which is understandable given the injury.
Quote:Basically. I don't think the long term center is on the roster.

By next year I expect Bowanko to either have switched positions, remaining a backup center option or he will replace Wiz. Wiz has yet to play well enough to warrant a contract extension unless he's signed to be the backup.

In reards to the Alex Mack comments...I've seen nothing negative about his play that I can remember since the first week or two. Which is understandable given the injury.

I know he had a bad week or two to start the season.  He put together a few good games and a few more so so games since then.  I've seen some places be overly critical of him saying they don't see him point enough and things of that nature, basically blaming every blown protection on him.  Basically, he started off as one of the worst centers in the NFL this season and is now somewhere around the middle.  I'd put him barely above Wiz at this point, but he's been improving.  It's mostly physical with him right now as he's been struggling a little with 0 tech... however, most centers do - it's a rare center that handles it well without a double.
Quote:Have any of you watched Alex Mack lately??

From what I've heard from Browns fans, he has played pretty poorly so far
I still think our biggest need is pass rusher.

Fowler Jr doesn't fix that being as he is an unknown.

After that it is both safety spots until we see Sample and/or Cyp play better.

Then I think it is LB depth and future replacements.

Then interior Dline and Oline.

CB, backup QB, and backup RB fall to the end, imo.

Center is kind of a strange answer. Anybody who has watched the Jaguars this year (which the author may not have) would see the biggest weakness is pass rush and then speed at linebacker aside from Telvin Smith.

Pages: 1 2 3