Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ** Non-Official Jaguars vs NY (Jersey) Jets thread **
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The Non-Official Jaguars vs NY Jets Post

The Jacksonville Jaguars are currently ranked 24th in Offense and 19th in Defense, while the NY Jets are currently ranked 8th in Offense & 2nd in Defense.  If you watched the Jets last week they almost dethroned the Super Bowl Champion Patriots only to lose the game right at the end.    The same team that destroyed the Jaguars Defense, but their Defense is even better than their Offense.

The Jaguars are at the advantage of having an extra week to rest and game plan against the Jets though the Jets will be at home.   The Jaguars are currently 2-5 heading into the bye week while the Jets are currently 4-2 and 2nd in a very hard division with the NE Patriots.  The Jets new Head Coach Todd Bowles (a former Redskins Safety) has done a terrific job of turning this team around from Rex Ryan's previous season.  The Jets defeated the Browns, Colts, Dolphins, and the Redskins only losing to the Eagles & the Patriots (close game).

The question is how can the struggling young Jacksonville Jaguars defeat the NY Jets?  The Jets strength is at the Lines.  The push the Offense gets putting the Jets 3rd overall in rushing & protecting their QB to 16th overall in Passing.  The problem is the Jaguars haven't been getting to the QB in terms of pressure and though the team has been built by HC Gus Bradley specifically to stop the run they have allowed other teams to run over them they are currently 12th in stopping the run, but the Jets are 1st in stopping the run while the Jaguars struggle to run this year despite the promising looks from rookie TJ Yeldon.

In order for the Jaguars to win this game they have to win the battle at the lines which is easy to say but much harder to do with the talent and Cover 3 zone scheme that they have been using for years without a real viable pass rushing Leo.  The 12 year veteran Chris Clemons has been impressive at times but his snaps are limited party due to his age.  This is a true measuring test as to how well Head Coach Gus Bradley can well frankly lead, and game plan with this extra time against a rookie HC.  He might come out with Roy Miller in a Nose Tackle kind of position with Marks next to him, and Tyson Alualu on the other side, Odrick on the far left in a pass rush with Chris Clemons at Leo rushing as well & then sending the superstar WOLB Telvin Smith in to get pressure or tackle for loss to help in stopping the run I'm sure SS Cyprien will be more towards the line.  That then asks what about the pass, House & Colvin dropping back into Zone Coverage, with FS & CB Gratz getting the in between.. and Poz he will have to cover the middle to stop the run & pass.  On offense the Jaguars will have to use M Lewis to help stop the pass rush and give time for the Allens & Thomas to make big plays down field to stretch the field and give TJ Yeldon a chance to get yards in space.

Which team do you predict will win, I am sure the Jets will be the Vegas favored to win... but of course I'm drinking the teal koolaid and going with a very close game down to the wire.  37-34 Jaguars win!

The use of asterisks in an unofficial thread is just appalling!!
I hope you don't do everything prematurely.....

Quote:The use of asterisks in an unofficial thread is just appalling!!
Garth thinks girl bunnies are sexy.
nope... we lose this one 30-10. The team hasn't 'flat lined' the season just yet, but we need to keep it real.

I think the Jets will win this one.

super close.

21-20

(Myers misses XP)

But I'm on record as saying I think we start a streak after the tough loss.
Quote:I hope you don't do everything prematurely.....

Oh boy
Quote:Oh boy

Or girl
I'm not getting my hopes up. Jets are a good team all around and I think we will make too many mistakes. We have shown an ability to make mistakes in every area of the game.
Ryan Fitzpatrick is a pretty mediocre qb. But he's no EJ Manuel.

Jets pull away in the 2nd half, as per the usual.
Gus Bradley is known for his game planning and in game adjustments. With the bye week, that's 2 whole weeks he has to think of devious ways to torture Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Jets' poverty defense. Jags take this one 31-10.

This game we need the middle of the field to open up

Jets have great CBs, and a great front 4 and will blitz all day, Todd Bowles MO

JT and Yeldon need big games

Hopefully Lee is back him and Walters could open things up in the middle with JT

I'm sure they'll be able to move the ball against us.  It's just a matter if our up and coming offense can score on a good defense.

I think Jags win and announce their arrival.

Hey, don't stop, believing, lol, if you say it often enough, it'll come true one day. #DimlyOptimisticBrit

Those polls lack corn. Luckily unofficial. Still needs approval from the Amelia-JW back office.
Can we talk a little about the elite Brandon Marshall, and how we're going to attack him? I think it's fair to say that NONE, as in ZERO, of our CBs are going to be able to man up against him one-on-one and severely limit him. The Jaguars need a much better game plan to take him on. The guy is one of the top few WRs in this league alongside the likes of Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, AJ Green and Demaryius Thomas.

we get annihilated 48-3

This one isn't going to be pretty. Terrible match ups all over the field for us. How will Bortles play with Robinson on Revis island? Overall, the Jets probably have the most talented defense in the nfl.

And then, you have their offense. Marshall vs Gratz? Yuck. Fitzpatrick might have a career day.
Quote:This one isn't going to be pretty. Terrible match ups all over the field for us. How will Bortles play with Robinson on Revis island? Overall, the Jets probably have the most talented defense in the nfl.

And then, you have their offense. Marshall vs Gratz? Yuck. Fitzpatrick might have a career day.

This. Expect Hurns and Thomas to play a huge role. I also think the game rides on Yeldon's ability to somehow pierce through that defense. If he doesn't, I don't hold it against him honestly lol

Edit: Just pester Marshall and he will psych himself out of the game. 

Jags lose. Jets are 6-1, played a respectable against the Patriots. Our secondary will get torched. Marshall and Decker have stellar games, probably Ivory too. Jets 38, Jags 19
Quote:Jags lose. Jets are 6-1, played a respectable against the Patriots. Our secondary will get torched. Marshall and Decker have stellar games, probably Ivory too. Jets 38, Jags 19

The Jets are 4-2 right now, so they have no shot at 6-1, even if they win as they will be favored to do.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5