Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Interesting Read On Marrone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/139789...line-coach

Quote: 

One day, during a summer workout, Bradley watched Marrone with the players. He stopped him at the end to tell him he's a good teacher. Marrone was taken aback and maybe a little embarrassed. But Bradley went on. "I'm gonna tell you, you're really good, man," he said.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Marrone knows he might be putting his house on the market at some point. He wants to be a head coach again. "But it's obviously not something I'm actively going out and looking for," he said. "With my situation in Jacksonville, I feel it's a great opportunity that Gus and Dave and [owner] Shad [Khan] gave me. To work with this group of young linemen and be part of this offense ... I'm excited about that. But I think the head-coaching stuff was something I was good at."

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">The Jaguars' season is anything but special. They are 2-5 and miles away from preseason dreams of the team's first winning season since 2007. One of the few bright spots has been the steady improvement of Marrone's offensive line, which in the past was the weakest link on the team. They've made defensive stars Ndamukong Suh and J.J. Watt look mortal, and in September went an entire game without allowing a sack for the first time since 2013.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">"His players like him," Jaguars center Stefen Wisniewski said. "He's a grinder. He always puts the work in. He's smart. We know we can trust him. When guys see that, they'll go to battle for a guy."

This is a tiny piece of the article that covers lots of ground.  Check it out...

The O-line's ascension this season is no coincidence either. Hopefully we keep em' around for 2016 as well incase Bradley gets canned. I'd be ok with seeing what he could do on an interim basis. 

Thanks for finding this! That was a really good read.

I'm glad we have him, last year our oline was in over their head.

Looking at the wonders he's done for the OL you almost wonder what he could do for the whole team.

Then again, the OL still can't run block.

We've been in the top 3 in given up sacks in the NFL for the last 3 years (3rd in 2012, 2nd in 2013 and 1st in 2014). We're currently sat tied 8th. Big improvement but still a way to go.

Quote:Looking at the wonders he's done for the OL you almost wonder what he could do for the whole team.

One thing at a time 02, one thing at a time.
If he can't get the Oline together in a year, do you think it'll only take 3 years to fix the other position groups?  Lol just messing around using the fan expectations in "The Jungle."  Year 3 or die, Go Jags.  

All jokes aside, Marrone has helped alot in my eyes.  The constant pressure from years' past is declining, whether it be from the new talent and/or coaching i don't know.  Just keep the arrow pointed up.

Being a good o-line coach is far different than being a good head coach. The bills beat reporters that I read said he and his staff were a mess, appearing in over their heads. I don't want that dumpster fire being hc here. Let him stay an o-line coach.  

Quote:Being a good o-line coach is far different than being a good head coach. The bills beat reporters that I read said he and his staff were a mess, appearing in over their heads. I don't want that dumpster fire being hc here. Let him stay an o-line coach.

Please sign me up for a 9-7 dumpster fire. Would feel and be a lot better than the one I've witnessed over the last 2 years. The beat writers are salty he opted out, he is a good coach.

Quote:Looking at the wonders he's done for the OL you almost wonder what he could do for the whole team.

They did last week. Kinda.
Quote:Please sign me up for a 9-7 dumpster fire. Would feel and be a lot better than the one I've witnessed over the last 2 years. The beat writers are salty he opted out, he is a good coach.
Exactly that was the best Bills record since the music city miracle

He only left becomes new owner and he had the out clause in his contract  
I remember early hims doing an interview about how he throws everything at the Line all at once and although overbearing it never really changes so time in the system should improve as nothing new will be taught to them after the initial surge.  So then it is all technique and experience from there.

But...But...But... Gus hired him...It can't be that Gus did something right, or does Gus not get credit for the decision to hire him either? Once again, I'm not a big Gus fan, I'm just seeing the majority of this board claim Gus deserves no credit for anything good, and all the credit for everything bad, which makes me wonder who gets the credit for bringing this guy in?

Quote:But...But...But... Gus hired him...It can't be that Gus did something right, or does Gus not get credit for the decision to hire him either? Once again, I'm not a big Gus fan, I'm just seeing the majority of this board claim Gus deserves no credit for anything good, and all the credit for everything bad, which makes me wonder who gets the credit for bringing this guy in?

Gus gets credit, he gets credit for his 9 wins and he gets credit for his 30 losses.
Quote:Gus gets credit, he gets credit for his 9 wins and he gets credit for his 30 losses.
oh no he doesn't...The majority of this board says, "we won in spite of Gus"...The Gus hate is so strong that no one can even give him credit for hiring Marrone...Pretty sad when someone hates someone so bad they can't find anything but negative about them 
Marrone bores me. Also Bortles has been sacked too much and Gerfart four times at the one...
Quote:Marrone bores me. Also Bortles has been sacked too much and Gerfart four times at the one...

"Marrone bores me"-- Well maybe you deserves to be bored.

"Also Bortles has been sacked too much"-- Well, Bortles is an NFL starting QB and I'm sure there is no shortage of ladies who would go out with him if he asked them.

"Gerhart four times at the one..."-- What the heck is Gus doing? Take the FG and make it a 3 score game, even a kindergartner knows that. Man, if the Jags beat the Bills it will be inspite of Gus instead of because of him. smh.
Quote:oh no he doesn't...The majority of this board says, "we won in spite of Gus"...The Gus hate is so strong that no one can even give him credit for hiring Marrone...Pretty sad when someone hates someone so bad they can't find anything but negative about them 

Well, some of those wins were inspite of Gus, but he still gets the credit for them by the ones who really matter because those wins still get credited to his W/L record and there won't be any asterisks indicating that the "W" was inspite of Gus and not because of him.

Gus continues to get out coached in the 2nd half of games and that is just not a good sign. There's no way the Bills should have been able to comeback from a 27-3 deficit and actually take the lead after that great 1st half the Jags played.

It's like Gus is just too nice to blow anybody out in the NFL on those rare opportunities that he even has the chance to, like Sunday's Bills game and the game against the Eagles where he had a 17-0 halftime lead.
Quote:But...But...But... Gus hired him...It can't be that Gus did something right, or does Gus not get credit for the decision to hire him either? Once again, I'm not a big Gus fan, I'm just seeing the majority of this board claim Gus deserves no credit for anything good, and all the credit for everything bad, which makes me wonder who gets the credit for bringing this guy in?

Agreed, 15 year contracts for all.
Pages: 1 2