Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bold prediction for the game in two weeks against the Jets...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

ARob and Burns will both have career games against Cromartie and Revis- with Revis giving up one touchdown, and Cromartie surrendering two. That's as bold as bold gets. If there's any young WR duo who can pull it off, it's these two.

No.

We are barely going to be able to move the ball against this team. They are legit defensively and solid on offense. I totally expect like a 27-10 Jets win.
I think the Jets are a bad matchup for the Jaguars.

I think Cromartie is near finished.  If you attack anyone in that secondary, he's the guy.

Lol not gonna happen. We actually might get shutout and i expect at least one pick six from Bortles
I think we are going to get slaughtered and Bortles is going to have a tough game and people will probably over react. The Jets have a really good team. I'd be happy if we fought them hard but would love a win some how.

Quote:I think we are going to get slaughtered and Bortles is going to have a tough game and people will probably over react. The Jets have a really good team. I'd be happy if we fought them hard but would love a win some how.
The one thing holding them back was Rex.

I do expect the Jags to come out swinging. Coming off that Bye people will be itching to get in and hit someone.
Cromartie is 31 and Revis is 30

Their strength is instincts and reading the WRs.  GO DEEP GO DEEP.   Let's beat them with speed (Hurns) and the vertical leap (ARob).

.... Also, throw in some doses of Gerhert up the middle to keep the Safeties playing in the box.  Right now, I'm sure they're studying film of the Horse from his days in Stanford and the Vikes and will be keying on him come gameday.

Revis Cromartie are savvy veterans who will impact the game plan for the jaguars.  This game will probably feature more drops than any other so far in the season.

I doubt Bortles has a good day against their defense.  Their offense is clicking and will pick apart our defense.  This is a VERY bad matchup.

It'd be nice to see Bortles get out with 2 interceptions and lead 4 scoring drives.  If we can get the running backs involved in the passing game that's our only chance.  Tight ends don't seem to be very active on game day but we'll see.

Too soon.. to soon... i'm still angry about Gerhart up the middle.

Quote:Cromartie is 31 and Revis is 30

Their strength is instincts and reading the WRs.  GO DEEP GO DEEP.   Let's beat them with speed (Hurns) and the vertical leap (ARob).

.... Also, throw in some doses of Gerhert up the middle to keep the Safeties playing in the box.  Right now, I'm sure they're studying film of the Horse from his days in Stanford and the Vikes and will be keying on him come gameday.
If we somehow can regroup over the bye week and pull out a win against the Jets I will have much more faith in this team.  A healthy Marks, JT, Poz and Lee would be a huge plus

Bold prediction!

Lee returns from injury, Jets do not know who he is, Lee goes over 100 and scores twice
I think the Jags try to switch it up and ground and pound it against the jets with a dash of play action and TE seem routes.
Bold

1. Lee Plays

2, Marks gets a sack

3.  Yeldon gets 2nd straight 100 yrd game

4. JT Thomas scores a TD

5. Jags win

Quote:ARob and Burns will both have career games against Cromartie and Revis- with Revis giving up one touchdown, and Cromartie surrendering two. That's as bold as bold gets. If there's any young WR duo who can pull it off, it's these two.
The Jets defense isn't a joke. This is a silly prediction.
Quote:Bold prediction!

Lee returns from injury, Jets do not know who he is, Lee goes over 100 and scores twice

Before or after a pulled hammy?
We're not beating the Jets...

Quote:Bold

1. Lee Plays

2, Marks gets a sack

3.  Yeldon gets 2nd straight 100 yrd game

4. JT Thomas scores a TD

5. Jags win

These are realistic BOLD predictions
The Jets are ranked #1 in run defense and #3 in pass defense. Chew over those rankings for a moment. They are however dead last in the league in sacks with just 4 on the year (surprisingly the Jags are tied 7th with 19 sacks). I think to win we need to do a lot of shorts risk-free passes, screen passes and simple throws. Slinging it or relying on the run isn't going to work in this game.

The Jets are a good team, playmakers on both sides of the ball and probably the 3rd best team we'll play this year (Patriots and Panthers are #1 and #2). If Marks is back for full snaps and don't try and sling it I think we can keep it close, the defensive front is a whole lot better with him in the game.

Quote:Bold

1. Lee Plays

2, Marks gets a sack

3. Yeldon gets 2nd straight 100 yrd game

4. JT Thomas scores a TD

5. Jags win

JT Thomas plays for the other New York team, if you meant a pick-six. But most likely Julius
Quote:We're not beating the Jets...
Did you think we would beat Miami or Buffalo?
Pages: 1 2 3