Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why don't we use Aaron Colvin more like Tyrann Mathieu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is one of my problems with Gus and this coaching staff, they are so damn stubborn and insistent on doing thing the wy they set out in the offseason instead of being fluid. Colvin going back to even in his time in college was always great against the run and a good blitzer. He has great speed and instincts, I don't understand why they don't move him around and use him more similarly to how the Rams use Mathieu. Colvin leads all DBs by far in sacks and they barely even use him as a blitzer, any time the do it results in good things, and he's our best CB against the run. I think they need to be more creative in how they use Colvin to get the most effectiveness out of him.

I like the idea, similar players that play bigger than their size. I think Aaron would make a fine CB/FS hybrid

Uh, Mathieu is a Cardinal now. Did you think the Rams were playing last night?

Colvin is younger and did not play much as a rookie. It takes time to learn multiple positions.

Quote:Uh, Mathieu is a Cardinal now. Did you think the Rams were playing last night?

Colvin is younger and did not play much as a rookie. It takes time to learn multiple positions.
"Now"?

Never was a RAM lol

Maybe hes on the Rams in his Madden franchise lol
Ram... Cardinal... they're both animals, close enough!
Colvin is not the Honey Badger

Let's pump the brakes just a bit on this concept.

First off, consider that Colvin is probably the team's best cover corner right now. Especially given the previous performances of Gratz and House. Then, let's consider that the team is having to get rather creative in generating any kind of pressure. So much so that Quarterbacks are having an almost absurd amount of time in the pocket to make their throws. Next, think about the rotating door that has been the Free Safety position on this Defense. How many demotions / promotions / rotations at that position have we seen this season?

Due to that, wouldn't it make more sense to have the best coverage guy you know, cover someone?

He's got more sacks this season than Mathieu has in his entire career.

They move him inside in nickle to take advantage of his ability against the run.

I'm not sure what you are complaining about. They have been taking advantage of his skills.

Quote:Uh, Mathieu is a Cardinal now. Did you think the Rams were playing last night?

I have learned to skip your replies. When I see your name or topics, I completely scroll to the next one.

I have no idea why I decided to read your reply today.

I am going to give you an example of the stuff you write.......ok here we go:

Why don't we use Colvin like Tyrann?

Your example: Mark Brunell was right handed at the age of five amd then he was drafted by the Packers in 2012 then he was traded to the AFC Pro Bowl.

Quote:Colvin is not the Honey Badger

No, but it is a good idea and comparison. I like it.
Quote:Ram... Cardinal... they're both animals, close enough!

Not related. Sheep are mammals. Cardinals are birds.
Quote:Not related. Sheep are mammals. Cardinals are birds.
WAKE UP SHEEPLE
Love

Numbers are letters and pots are pans.
Quote:I have learned to skip your replies. When I see your name or topics, I completely scroll to the next one.

I have no idea why I decided to read your reply today.

I am going to give you an example of the stuff you write.......OK here we go:

Why don't we use Colvin like Tyrann?

Your example: Mark Brunell was right handed at the age of five and then he was drafted by the Packers in 2012 then he was traded to the AFC Pro Bowl.

It would be much easier to just block my posts. I ignore some people that way.

Where do you get "Mark Brunell was right-handed" from? People are born left-handed.
Quote:It would be much easier to just block my posts. I ignore some people that way.

Where do you get "Mark Brunell was right-handed" from? People are born left-handed.
HAHAHA

Excellent retort!
Quote:It would be much easier to just block my posts. I ignore some people that way.

And some people are born left-brainded too!

<b>NO THEY ARE NOT IT IS A LIFESTYLE CHOICE</b>

Help me out - how do I do that?
If he's leading the team in sacks doesn't that tell you that they are being creative with him?

You also have to remember that roughly half the time, Colvin is playing outside corner. He's not going to get the same amount of chances to do those things as Mathieu.
Pages: 1 2