Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Lol someone said
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"Jaguars will be the first team to win their division and have the 1st overall draft pick in the same year"

haha.. this division is so sorry  Wallbash

Seahawks vs Saints
Umm

I don't know if I should reply
....is that even possible?
I know it was meant as a joke, but if you win your division you are in the playoffs. Your draft pick the next year would be placed behind all the non playoff teams regardless if your record was worse. We'd be picking in the 20's if we somehow win the division even if it's with a 6-10 record which likely won't be the case. Division winner will likely be in the 7-9 to 9-7 range though.
Lol late last season the Bucs were like 2 ganes out of winning their division and 2 games away from the 1st pick at the same time.
It's funny but it's not possible based on how the slotting system works. Any team that makes the play-offs will be ranked between the 20th - 32nd slot depending on W/L record or how they finish up in the actual play-off run. Obviously your Superbowl Winner and Loser make up the last two picks in the draft. Between the other ten teams that didn't make it I am not sure how they get graded out.

I'm constantly reminded of how many people simply do not know how professional football works.

Then, there are a few shining lights.

Quote:I'm constantly reminded of how many people simply do not know how professional football works.

It's good for us though, we get to enjoy the simple things in life like laughing at those people.
Quote:I'm constantly reminded of how many people simply do not know how professional football works.

Or understand sarcasm
Quote:Or understand sarcasm

I've heard that there are actually people that don't understand sarcasm.

I find this hard to believe. There are just too many things that when they are said, simply cannot be taken literally by anybody with common sense.

Now if you tell me there are a lot of people who lack common sense, well, I think we all see some of those people nearly everyday.
Quote:I've heard that there are actually people that don't understand sarcasm.

I find this hard to believe. There are just too many things that when they are said, simply cannot be taken literally by anybody with common sense.

Now if you tell me there are a lot of people who lack common sense, well, I think we all see some of those people nearly everyday.
I wonder if it's an actual disease or a phobia since everything nowadays has one.. Haha.
I just can't believe this thread got even half as many replies as it did. 

People with Asperger's syndrome have difficulty understanding jokes, sarcasm, idioms and metaphors and, for the most part, take language very literally. One of our female posters, who shall remain nameless, suffers from this syndrome, if I recall correctly, and is often ridiculed because of it.

Quote:I wonder if it's an actual disease or a phobia since everything nowadays has one.. Haha.

Ask J Dub, she has it.
Quote:People with Asperger's syndrome have difficulty understanding jokes, sarcasm, idioms and metaphors and, for the most part, take language very literally. One of our female posters, who shall remain nameless, suffers from this syndrome, if I recall correctly, and is often ridiculed because of it.

This is true. What's odd to me is there is another poster with potentially the same thing who is treated like a 5 year old with a lot of "Good job", "Keep it going". Odd indeed. I don't feel either should be treated like 5 year olds OR ridiculed due to any ailments, just treat them normal.
Quote:This is true. What's odd to me is there is another poster with potentially the same thing who is treated like a 5 year old with a lot of "Good job", "Keep it going". Odd indeed. I don't feel either should be treated like 5 year olds OR ridiculed due to any ailments, just treat them normal.

I talk the same trash and asinine comments to everyone equally.
Quote:....is that even possible?

No, which is why it's so silly.  If you won the division it would mean that you were better than the teams below you...

I mean it could be true if via trade a superbowl winning team could have the following years 1st overall draft if it had previously traded with the worst team for example..
Quote:It's funny but it's not possible based on how the slotting system works. Any team that makes the play-offs will be ranked between the 20th - 32nd slot depending on W/L record or how they finish up in the actual play-off run. Obviously your Superbowl Winner and Loser make up the last two picks in the draft. Between the other ten teams that didn't make it I am not sure how they get graded out.

Bingo!

I know its not possible but i thought it was funny lol
Pages: 1 2