Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Let's take a look at our D-Line for 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Fowler - I hope he can finally be that guy that consistently pressures the QB.

Marks - He can play at a Pro Bowl level

FA/Rookie

Odrick - Very solid

Once these guys get things going our secondary will shine.
I disagree on Odrick...he showed up against Miami.  I haven't noticed him otherwise.

If we could draft the new Henderson/Stroud combo then we would be good for the next decade.

Quote:I disagree on Odrick...he showed up against Miami. I haven't noticed him otherwise.

If we could draft the new Henderson/Stroud combo then we would be good for the next decade.

Agreed. Odrick has been a bust signing so far.
Quote:Agreed. Odrick has been a bust signing so far.

But we don't pay him top dollar to rush the passer or make plays in the run game. You Madden GM idiots know nothing.
Quote:Fowler - I hope he can finally be that guy that consistently pressures the QB.

Marks - He can play at a Pro Bowl level

FA/Rookie

Odrick - Very solid

Once these guys get things going our secondary will shine.

Unless we draft Bosa, then I am positive our starting lineup next year will be Fowler, Marks, Miller, Odrik.
Quote:Unless we draft Bosa, then I am positive our starting lineup next year will be Fowler, Marks, Miller, Odrik.
I really hope they draft Bosa or another pass rusher with their first pick. It's been missing from this team for too many years. Next season Dave should really effort to get this D in order. The offense seems to be pretty set, sans a left Guard and maybe some depth, but the Defense needs a lot of pieces upgraded.
Odrick has not been good

Quote:Odrick has not been good

Not been good as a pass rusher*

He's good against the run. 

... I'm really sick of saying that about our defensive linemen. 
Definitely spend a high pick on another LEO.  Even if Fowler is good, we need 2-3 good players there. 

Quote:Definitely spend a high pick on another LEO.  Even if Fowler is good, we need 2-3 good players there. 

Bruce Irvin is a free agent. 
Quote:Definitely spend a high pick on another LEO.  Even if Fowler is good, we need 2-3 good players there.

Yep. Bap next year. Could be a DE. Rotate those two. Or bring in a top dollar vet. Rotate them. CANNOT WAIT for the pass rush next year. It's going to be night and day.
Quote:Bruce Irvin is a free agent.

I would trade for him now.
An improved pass rush makes the entire defense look better.  The secondary will go from being mediocre to great.  You can only cover guys for so long.

Quote:Yep. Bap next year. Could be a DE. Rotate those two. Or bring in a top dollar vet. Rotate them. CANNOT WAIT for the pass rush next year. It's going to be night and day.
Fowler has the versatility to line up all over the place (LEO, OTTO, Inside ala Ryan davis), so I think drafting another pass rusher with our first pick would be the best option.
What if Fowler is a bust ?

I hope Dave will sign Bruce Irvin and draft one or two guys.

Von Miller is free agent too :woot:

Quote:Fowler has the versatility to line up all over the place (LEO, OTTO, Inside ala Ryan davis), so I think drafting another pass rusher with our first pick would be the best option.
All we know is that Fowler had the versatility to line up all over the place... now, we don't know what we'll have due to his injury. Consequently, we'll need to draft the best available player(s) for the D. Hopefully, he'll be as good as he ever was in college but that's asking a lot. He will have to be evaluated to see what he can do now. If he's able to come back at 100% then good for us; if it becomes clear that the injury has significantly hobbled him so that his playing level is only 'fair', then we're looking at another high round draft pick bust. Remember; he was drafted at that high level to be a game changer, not just another 'guy'.
We have a chance to draft a DL take it. If we start winning, Bosa will not be in reach. IF we end up top 5 I think Bosa will be there and should be the pick depending on how this season and the combine turns out. Fowler is coming off an ACL and Bosa could play LDE or DT and Fowler play LEO. We will have many different combinations. I think we need to replace Miller, with a younger bigger NT. Marks is a 3T DT but I think we can try him at Millers position if we get Bosa. 

Fowler Marks Odrick Bosa.... To me looks like hell for opposing offenses. 

Sign a FS and start Sample at SS. Maybe look to replace POZ with a younger MLB that can cover. 

#96 Adam Gotsis for Georgia tech sure looks like he would be worth a later pick. FSU couldn't block him with a double team last Saturday.
Quote:All we know is that Fowler had the versatility to line up all over the place... now, we don't know what we'll have due to his injury. Consequently, we'll need to draft the best available player(s) for the D. Hopefully, he'll be as good as he ever was in college but that's asking a lot. He will have to be evaluated to see what he can do now. If he's able to come back at 100% then good for us; if it becomes clear that the injury has significantly hobbled him so that his playing level is only 'fair', then we're looking at another high round draft pick bust. Remember; he was drafted at that high level to be a game changer, not just another 'guy'.

Because he is only 21 years old, I think he can come back at full strength next season. Unless he's sitting on the couch eating donuts, and not rehabbing.
I think Caldwell knows that the defensive (and offensive for that matter) lines must be improved next year.  Fowler is a wildcard but will almost certainly be better than anyone on the roster now.  In addition to Fowler. we need another edge pass rusher to get after the quarterback, I've given up that Branch can fill that role and Clemons seems to be slowing down this year.  On the interior of the line we could use at least one more "Lighting Package" pass rusher too.  Whether these players come from the draft or free agency, we have to improve the line(s).   

Pages: 1 2