Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If you were President
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We all talk about what we like and dislike about the various Presidential candidates, but I haven't really seen us get down to this: if you were President, what would you do? What would your priorities be? In replying, try and touch on major areas (foreign and domestic policy, taxation, social issues, education, immigration, etc.). If you've got articles and citations behind your viewpoints, cool, but this isn't an academic showdown. It's purely hypothetical, and might help us understand where we're all coming from a little bit more. I'll get the ball rolling.

If I were President, the first thing I'd do is dismantle the Department of Homeland Security. Its very existence is an insult to our rights and liberties. The NSA would be eliminated and its leaders subjected to criminal investigations into their practices, with everything being conducted in full view of the American public. Functionally, the DOJ would take over much of the DHS' umbrella, with certain agencies (like the TSA) being returned to the private sector. There would be a complete revamp of the concept of "national security" so that individual rights and civil liberties are placed above the hunt for the boogeyman. Many DHS agencies would continue to exist, and there would still be domestic anti-terror operations, but they would not be the all-out assault on our rights that they are today.

I would also make a strong effort to push through legislation mandating a few changes to police procedures:

1. Every on-duty officer operating outside of the police station, with certain exceptions made for undercover felony investigators, must wear a body camera. Any officer not wearing a body camera that is on and recording is not able to participate in any police activity outside of immediate threats to public lives.

2. Unmarked and undercover police vehicles are allowed to function in investigative roles only. They are not to participate in routine traffic stops. Any police vehicle initiating routine contact with a civilian must be fully marked with a lightbar on top of the vehicle. This is to ensure public safety and prevent misunderstandings that could escalate an otherwise unremarkable interaction.

3. Lying to a suspect as part of a routine interaction or interrogation at the precinct is grounds to throw the case out. If an undercover officer is asked by a perp if they're a cop, certainly they wouldn't be required to say yes, but it would be illegal for an officer to tell someone they've pulled over that they will "help you out" if that person admits to having drugs in the car.

4. Any officer who fires their weapon in the line of duty is to be subjected to criminal investigation first, and an administrative investigation later.

Once we get past that, we move into taxes. I would push to completely eliminate income tax in this country, instead replacing it with a flat consumption tax. State and local income taxes would also be rendered illegal (we're talking Constitutional amendment territory here), though they would be able to set their own consumption tax rates. 

Foreign policy would come next, and it would be a controlled withdrawal from the Middle East first and foremost, along with a draw-down of support for Israel. I think those two actions alone would make Arab powers like Iran more willing to talk about ending the staredown with us and normalizing relations. I also think that dialing back our involvement in the Middle East would warm things up with Russia. We should strive to achieve cooperation, not dominance. The days of the US telling the West what to do are over. It's a collaboration now, and the sooner we sit at the table instead of standing on it, the bigger our voice will end up being.

I would dramatically cut military spending. We've given Lockheed $400 billion--with a B--for a jet that loses to a 40-year-old fighter in combat and is beset with problems ranging from engine failures to a Cobra Commander-esque helmet that makes pilots puke. Why do we need this? We could take down any country in the world. Why are we continuing to pour unlimited funds into a bloated military that's more focused on getting new toys than it is on taking care of its vets once they leave? Military leadership needs to be torn apart with more oversight, more restrictions on spending, cancellation of pork barrel bloat projects and a focus on making what we have work rather than getting technology that even our allies won't have for another ten years.

Immigration reform, for me, would consist of stopping work on the border wall and diverting those funds to additional Customs and Border Patrol officers on the ground within 100 miles of the border. I would eliminate unconstitutional interior checkpoints, and use that funding and those officers to beef up security at border checkpoints and in the field. I'd also push to beef up e-Verify and mandate its use by every company nationwide employing more than one person. I'd also install a guest worker program that allowed a certain number of illegal immigrants into a lottery based upon the needs of the individual state. Companies that employ unregistered, undocumented immigrants after these procedures have been put in place would be subject to large, crippling fines, and in repeat or particularly egregious cases, company owners and executives might be subject to criminal charges. Immigration status/citizenship checks during routine police interactions would be mandatory for all people stopped in border states on reasonable suspicion of a crime or traffic violation. "Stop-and-identify" interactions would be illegal.

Education is simple: drop Common Core, leave curriculum up to the individual states. Instead of turning Bachelor's Degrees into toilet paper by funneling every kid in America into college, instead funnel them towards two-year degrees or trade schools where students who would struggle at a four-year school (and ultimately be a waste of taxpayer dollars) can go into a career in a hands-on field like welding, carpentry or auto repair, something that's a dying industry at current and needs capable young replacements for the veterans who are on their way out. College should not, not be free, nor should trade schools, but the interest paid on student loans should be no higher than what you'd pay for a house (typically 4-5%).

In terms of the big social issues--abortion, healthcare and same-sex marriage--I'd leave them more or less alone. Abortion is settled law after Roe v. Wade, the ACA will either succeed or fail on its own merits once Obama leaves office (I might tweak it, though, to put some of the savings realized by slashing military budgets to bring premiums down even further), and while there is plenty yet to be determined about same-sex marriage, the decision itself is what it is, and it isn't changing. My thoughts on how the private sector should react are pretty clear here. If your doors are open, they're open to everyone, but you can't be forced to do something that would clearly compromise your morals.

Campaign finance reform is a factor for me, too, and while I would push to ban SuperPACs and put a firm limit on how much any single entity, person or corporation, can contribute to an individual campaign, it wouldn't be on my "first-year" list. I would also end corporate welfare and the "too big to fail" doctrine.

There's plenty more I'd go after, things like eliminating the CFPB and tearing Dodd Frank up to start over, but that's my really big list of priorities. I'll be curious to see what you guys put down at the top of your list, and what you'd do to change them.

get rid of Obabmacare

2nd you on the NSA

totally reform welfare

Quote:We all talk about what we like and dislike about the various Presidential candidates, but I haven't really seen us get down to this: if you were President, what would you do? What would your priorities be? In replying, try and touch on major areas (foreign and domestic policy, taxation, social issues, education, immigration, etc.). If you've got articles and citations behind your viewpoints, cool, but this isn't an academic showdown. It's purely hypothetical, and might help us understand where we're all coming from a little bit more. I'll get the ball rolling.

If I were President, the first thing I'd do is dismantle the Department of Homeland Security. Its very existence is an insult to our rights and liberties. The NSA would be eliminated and its leaders subjected to criminal investigations into their practices, with everything being conducted in full view of the American public. Functionally, the DOJ would take over much of the DHS' umbrella, with certain agencies (like the TSA) being returned to the private sector. There would be a complete revamp of the concept of "national security" so that individual rights and civil liberties are placed above the hunt for the boogeyman. Many DHS agencies would continue to exist, and there would still be domestic anti-terror operations, but they would not be the all-out assault on our rights that they are today.

I would also make a strong effort to push through legislation mandating a few changes to police procedures:

1. Every on-duty officer operating outside of the police station, with certain exceptions made for undercover felony investigators, must wear a body camera. Any officer not wearing a body camera that is on and recording is not able to participate in any police activity outside of immediate threats to public lives.

2. Unmarked and undercover police vehicles are allowed to function in investigative roles only. They are not to participate in routine traffic stops. Any police vehicle initiating routine contact with a civilian must be fully marked with a lightbar on top of the vehicle. This is to ensure public safety and prevent misunderstandings that could escalate an otherwise unremarkable interaction.

3. Lying to a suspect as part of a routine interaction or interrogation at the precinct is grounds to throw the case out. If an undercover officer is asked by a perp if they're a cop, certainly they wouldn't be required to say yes, but it would be illegal for an officer to tell someone they've pulled over that they will "help you out" if that person admits to having drugs in the car.

4. Any officer who fires their weapon in the line of duty is to be subjected to criminal investigation first, and an administrative investigation later.

Once we get past that, we move into taxes. I would push to completely eliminate income tax in this country, instead replacing it with a flat consumption tax. State and local income taxes would also be rendered illegal (we're talking Constitutional amendment territory here), though they would be able to set their own consumption tax rates. 

Foreign policy would come next, and it would be a controlled withdrawal from the Middle East first and foremost, along with a draw-down of support for Israel. I think those two actions alone would make Arab powers like Iran more willing to talk about ending the staredown with us and normalizing relations. I also think that dialing back our involvement in the Middle East would warm things up with Russia. We should strive to achieve cooperation, not dominance. The days of the US telling the West what to do are over. It's a collaboration now, and the sooner we sit at the table instead of standing on it, the bigger our voice will end up being.

I would dramatically cut military spending. We've given Lockheed $400 billion--with a B--for a jet that loses to a 40-year-old fighter in combat and is beset with problems ranging from engine failures to a Cobra Commander-esque helmet that makes pilots puke. Why do we need this? We could take down any country in the world. Why are we continuing to pour unlimited funds into a bloated military that's more focused on getting new toys than it is on taking care of its vets once they leave? Military leadership needs to be torn apart with more oversight, more restrictions on spending, cancellation of pork barrel bloat projects and a focus on making what we have work rather than getting technology that even our allies won't have for another ten years.

Immigration reform, for me, would consist of stopping work on the border wall and diverting those funds to additional Customs and Border Patrol officers on the ground within 100 miles of the border. I would eliminate unconstitutional interior checkpoints, and use that funding and those officers to beef up security at border checkpoints and in the field. I'd also push to beef up e-Verify and mandate its use by every company nationwide employing more than one person. I'd also install a guest worker program that allowed a certain number of illegal immigrants into a lottery based upon the needs of the individual state. Companies that employ unregistered, undocumented immigrants after these procedures have been put in place would be subject to large, crippling fines, and in repeat or particularly egregious cases, company owners and executives might be subject to criminal charges. Immigration status/citizenship checks during routine police interactions would be mandatory for all people stopped in border states on reasonable suspicion of a crime or traffic violation. "Stop-and-identify" interactions would be illegal.

Education is simple: drop Common Core, leave curriculum up to the individual states. Instead of turning Bachelor's Degrees into toilet paper by funneling every kid in America into college, instead funnel them towards two-year degrees or trade schools where students who would struggle at a four-year school (and ultimately be a waste of taxpayer dollars) can go into a career in a hands-on field like welding, carpentry or auto repair, something that's a dying industry at current and needs capable young replacements for the veterans who are on their way out. College should not, not be free, nor should trade schools, but the interest paid on student loans should be no higher than what you'd pay for a house (typically 4-5%).

In terms of the big social issues--abortion, healthcare and same-sex marriage--I'd leave them more or less alone. Abortion is settled law after Roe v. Wade, the ACA will either succeed or fail on its own merits once Obama leaves office (I might tweak it, though, to put some of the savings realized by slashing military budgets to bring premiums down even further), and while there is plenty yet to be determined about same-sex marriage, the decision itself is what it is, and it isn't changing. My thoughts on how the private sector should react are pretty clear here. If your doors are open, they're open to everyone, but you can't be forced to do something that would clearly compromise your morals.

Campaign finance reform is a factor for me, too, and while I would push to ban SuperPACs and put a firm limit on how much any single entity, person or corporation, can contribute to an individual campaign, it wouldn't be on my "first-year" list. I would also end corporate welfare and the "too big to fail" doctrine.

There's plenty more I'd go after, things like eliminating the CFPB and tearing Dodd Frank up to start over, but that's my really big list of priorities. I'll be curious to see what you guys put down at the top of your list, and what you'd do to change them.

You'd be so Kennedy'd in about a week.
Quote:get rid of Obabmacare

2nd you on the NSA

totally reform welfare
Forgot about welfare. Yeah, complete reform. Work required, mandatory drug testing on at least a weekly basis.

Quote:You'd be so Kennedy'd in about a week.
Hope I'm not elected in a year ending in zero.
Quote:Forgot about welfare. Yeah, complete reform. Work required, mandatory drug testing on at least a weekly basis.

So you want to make welfare more expensive and remove jobs from the marketplace?
Quote:Forgot about welfare. Yeah, complete reform. Work required, mandatory drug testing on at least a weekly basis.

Hope I'm not elected in a year ending in zero.

Any idea what weekly drug testing of all welfare recipients would cost?
Quote:Any idea what weekly drug testing of all welfare recipients would cost?
About...

Oh...

$200. Billion. Per year.

Maybe we scale that back to double-blind random drug tests? At least two per year power recipient?
If I were President, someone here would probably assassinate me.

My focuses:

#1. Call on congress to reduce wasteful spending.  No more corporate welfare.  No more farm subsidies for commercial farms.  No more paying to train Chinese prostitutes to drink responsibly on the job.  Repurpose or sell all unused Federal Properties that cost taxpayers $25B annually to maintain.  Make the government more efficient and actually listen to DHHS on ways to save $9B annually.  No more luxurious trips to conferences for government employees on the taxpayers dime, no more spending money on private jets.  Reduce foreign aid too, as well as involvement in foreign conflict.

#2. Education would be my top priority.  I'd do away with common core, and ensure that all schools were properly funded.  Our children are the future.  They are, in my opinion, the most important thing to focus on.  If our children aren't properly educated then what will become of our future?  I'd also look to reduce the burden that our future generations have with college debt.

#3. Gun Control.  This is the one that very likely gets me assassinated by someone here.  Require all gun owners to have a license that must be renewed every five years.  The license will require a test on safety knowledge, as well as a background check.  A gun safety course would be required the first time you apply for a gun license. 

#4. Welfare.  I wouldn't require drug testing, because that's a waste of money.  I wouldn't require recipients to work either.  Instead I'd call for a separate office to be set up that would hunt for jobs for those who are unemployed.  They would help unemployed people find employment, gain skills that will help them get employed, as well as help them create a resume.  

#5. Immigration..  I'd go after employers that hire illegal immigrants, and create a path to citizenship for law abiding citizens who are willing to pay so many years of back taxes as well.  I wouldn't build a wall because that too would be a waste of money.  

#6. Legalize Recreational marijuana.

#7. No more private prisons.  Release all non-violent drug offenders from prison as well.  Nobody should be put in jail for marijuana for longer than they are hijacking an airplane.  

#8. Call for no more spying on American Citizens without a warrant. 

#9. Reduce the corporate tax for corporations that hire exclusively in the United States, and close loopholes for things like Corporate Inversion.  This one won't make me popular either.

#10. Demilitarize police.  Another that won't make me popular.  Body Cameras are a must too.

#11. Call for a raise to the minimum wage to $10/hour, with raises adjusted for inflation every time congress gives themselves a raise.  

#12. Campaign finance reform.  This is another high on my priority list.  And another that will not be popular.  

And as I'm assassinated shortly after being elected, my last thoughts will be "I hope I chose my VP well."

If you want to make progress or change anything going on right now you have to start with campaign finance reform. If you can't get money out of politics (including the golden parachutes after leaving office) then you will never get anything done.

In other words, nothing is going to get done because people love having a handful of people control the country. Rampant, legal bribery is clearly what the second amendment was intended for.

Quote:About...

Oh...

$200. Billion. Per year.

Maybe we scale that back to double-blind random drug tests? At least two per year power recipient?
Here's a simple fact; where drug testing has been a requirement for welfare, positive tests have been so infrequent that it will never actually even come close to saving money. 
I'd like to see term limits on Congress.
Quote:About...

Oh...

$200. Billion. Per year.

$200 billion to do something repeatedly ruled to be unconstitutional, unnecessary (welfare recipients have much lower rates of drug abuse than the general population), and is nothing more than a windfall for the companies receiving government contracts to administer the testing. It's not cost effective, you'll spend much, much more than you'll save. There are much bigger fish to fry, Mr. President.
Quote:There are much bigger fish to fry, Mr. President.
Maybe that's why it wasn't even on my mind until rocdee brought it up? I am surprised I left gun legislation out of the OP, though.
Build the damn wall and deport them all (illegals)

As a president I don't know what could be done but what I hope to see from an administration would be simple:

Eliminate the IRS and abolish all income taxes. Limited all federal taxiation to a simple consumption tax, id prefer it an excluded tax meaning the tax is added at the end of the transaction much like your normal sales tax.

Eliminate the NSA close all the fusion centers and revoke all aspects of the patriot act, the ndaa and the UN agenda 21 program.

Severe ties with the United Nations.

close all foreign bases and only staff embassy's in friendly nations, simultaneously establish a DMZ on the Mexican border and make sure we have the best anti-air and missle defense across both coast.

End prohibition across the board on the federal levels, if individual states wish to fight a war on drugs let them fund it.

End federal funding of all welfare, again if each state is made responsible for funding their own welfare you'd have a more responsible welfare system.

Privatize the post office they do it better and cheaper.

Eliminate the department of education that's a state responsibilty not federal.

this won't be popular reduce ALL federal wages by 10% and eliminate all public unions, working for the government should never be more benificial than working for the private sector.

Private social security and offer a one time refund for all wages collected over the working lifetime for anyone that takes the opts out.

End obamacare all aspects of it.

Off the top of my head I'm sure there's more but it's all a fantasy none of it will ever happen.
Quote:As a president I don't know what could be done but what I hope to see from an administration would be simple:

Eliminate the IRS and abolish all income taxes. Limited all federal taxiation to a simple consumption tax, id prefer it an excluded tax meaning the tax is added at the end of the transaction much like your normal sales tax.

Eliminate the NSA close all the fusion centers and revoke all aspects of the patriot act, the ndaa and the UN agenda 21 program.

Severe ties with the United Nations.

close all foreign bases and only staff embassy's in friendly nations, simultaneously establish a DMZ on the Mexican border and make sure we have the best anti-air and missle defense across both coast.

End prohibition across the board on the federal levels, if individual states wish to fight a war on drugs let them fund it.

End federal funding of all welfare, again if each state is made responsible for funding their own welfare you'd have a more responsible welfare system.

Privatize the post office they do it better and cheaper.

Eliminate the department of education that's a state responsibilty not federal.

this won't be popular reduce ALL federal wages by 10% and eliminate all public unions, working for the government should never be more benificial than working for the private sector.

Private social security and offer a one time refund for all wages collected over the working lifetime for anyone that takes the opts out.

End obamacare all aspects of it.

Off the top of my head I'm sure there's more but it's all a fantasy none of it will ever happen.
Because you don't have legal bribery out of politics. That why no grand ideas/changes are going to happen regardless of what the populace may want. 
Well since the President isn't a "king" or a "ruler", I would refer to the founding documents that outline the job description.

Excerpt from The Constitution

Quote: 

Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Section. 2.

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session.

Section. 3.

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

Section. 4.

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

I would then look further to the Declaration of Independence for further guidance.

Quote: 

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

With that being said, I do believe that the number 1 priority right now is National Defense and Foreign Policy.  Certainly wasteful spending needs to stop when it comes to DoD and/or Homeland Security, but that does not mean that funding should be cut.  Doing away with baseline budgeting would be a start in the right direction.  Going directly along with this step addresses a huge issue, that being illegal immigration.  I would immediately cut off any Federal funding to so-called "sanctuary cities" and hold State Governments accountable for not enforcing immigration laws currently on the books.  I would then work with Congress to pass REAL immigration reform measures including bringing current processes up to date.

The Economy would be my next priority with major cuts in taxes and regulation being at the front as well as the abolishment of several unnecessary Federal Government agencies, the first one being the Department of Education.

Regarding Domestic Policy and Social Issues, I would give the power back to the States to sort it out.  Abortion?  That's a State issue.  Education?  That's a State issue.

Some current policies I would push to repeal such as Obamacare.  Health insurance is a personal issue not a Federal Government issue.  Remove restrictions from insurance companies being able to sell policies across state lines.  Remove requirements for employers to provide health insurance to employees.  Remove the federal minimum wage requirement and give the power back to the States and the companies paying those wages.

If I was President

My first President act as commander-in-chief is to remove the U.S.A. from bases in foreign countries, taking as much of the resources we put into it back if possible (such as wood, steel, etc).  I would then relocate those forces along the U.S.A. borders (mainly Mexico) as I propose a new form of Identification for all Americans.  It would be based on Birth Certificate, SSN card, Drivers License (if applicable) or other third form of Identification such as DOD CAC for example to obtain a USA Citizen card.  It would have the most recent electronic security measures beyond the old Common Card two key factor to ensure its validity for Law Enforcement Officials.  The illegals whom broke our laws would immediately be deported (unless they broke our laws in which case they will be arrested and forced to work hard labor -i.e. public works such as building the wall along Mexico border under supervision of course by LEOs).  Anyone attempting to cross the USA borders will be allowed a warning shot prior to being eliminated, (eventually the warning shot would be removed after a year of informing the world that US is no longer open).  I would urge congress & the house to pass an amendment that makes it so that both parents must be naturalized in order to obtain US Citizenship with the exception of US Military abroad with previous Military approval of the marriage (prior to them being married & having a child).  The rest will have a lower citizenship and thus less rights in this country, such as not having the right to vote in any election or to own firearms.  I would downsize the govt including the military as the country attempts to correct its lending (debt) credit rating.  I would change the tax code to a very simple rate across the board.  No exceptions, no tax shelters, no secret loop holes.  If you make x amt you pay x% (the flat tax rate will change depending on amt you make each year).  You will not be taxed on money you currently own, or land.  That's called freedom.   No more death tax either.   A federal sales tax of 1% on all things sold will be created which will go towards restoring SSN promises made to the American People.   I will urge Congress to repeal Obamacare, but to come up with better legislation against Insurance companies, healthcare officials and hospitals to ensure fairness in billing.

No more money to foreign countries in any manner other than to repay debt.  The only exception being that we will support Israel militarily in any way if they are under attack or threatened as we helped create that country again and must continue to support them as our biggest ally.   I would make it my goal to reorganize welfare programs.  It is crazy that people on welfare don't have to take drug test while those working paying those benefits do.  I will ensure that any healthy working capable person on unemployment or welfare must work 20 hours a week in public works such as cleaning up trash in their states for example.

You never should get something for nothing, it breeds laziness and discontent among those who continue to work for the sloth individuals.  Of course if people have serious disabilities or handicap we can find other labor things for them to do such as telemarketing or customer service for the govt for example.

I would ensure that imports have an embargo, and that people are rewarded for buying American over foreign products by having it cheaper (other countries all do it why not us)?   The argument that other countries wont buy our products isn't true if we build better stuff.  The Federal Govt should mainly be raising taxes to protect the US people from foreign countries attempting to harm them, so I would reduce or remove many pointless govt agencies that overlap responsibility such as Homeland security.  The spying on Americans would stop, but waterboarding or other non-lethal tactics would continue on foreign enemies captured that our an immediate threat.  However I would urge other tactics such as hypnosis, or digital implants transponders (and then letting them go only to follow their exact location for future attacks kind of like a roach motel where you allow them back to their colonies only to get them there.)

I dunno i have tons of other ideas that i would explore if I had your vote.

President couldn't alone do most of the policies most people here want. Some are actually outright non-Constitutional.

For the changes I would want, would need to take over the whole government:

1. Propose constitutional amendment to end gerrymandering and institute mandatory redistricting of all US congressional districts. Part of this would also include provisions regarding counting voters vs people (should be people), taking away voter id laws, and getting rid of the electoral college. 

2. Clarifying Corporate Law to eliminate the idiotic notion that Corporations are people. Make it harder for Corporations to live in eternity.

3. Campaign finance/election reform. Limiting election campaigning to set time frames (like it is done in most other democratic countries...) and then setting contribution limits.

4. Media reform. Break up the large media/telcomm industry that is now basically centralized into 4-5 major corporations that own everything. Re-instituting the rules that were in place in the 80's before the horribly monopolies that exist now were in place. Provisions to this would be to start the process to institute that both Internet access and cell phone service are to be considered as service utilities much like water, sewage, electricity, and gas. But reinstituting policies that stimulate competition.

5. Finally require an audit of the Pentagon/defense department that still has never been accurately done in 20-30 years. Provide money to update their servers in a way that has strict oversight by Congress (Hey Tea Partiers. Go to town!) 

I'd get rid of Obamaidiotjerkfacecare

Build a wall (ala Trump)

Fight to have Obama Hussain tried for treason..
Pages: 1 2