Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Joeckel has played great
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As the former thread starter of "Joeckel is garbage" I admit I have been proven wrong!! He held his own on the edge today and has been really consistent the past few weeks against talented rushers.

Maybe it's just the learning curve of being a tackle in college transitioning to the NFL but he's stepped up in a big way. He seems like he's got an extra dose of nasty in him lately too which is great for a LT.

"Great" is an exaggeration and he still gets a lot of penalties.

Better? Yes.

Perhaps you should take a step back and rethink your most recent assessment.

He did not play "great" by any means. Like SC1 stated, he has played better, but there were a few plays where Hughes abused Joeckel on the edge and Bortles had to scramble or take a sack.

He had one of the holding penalties in one of Blakes 20 yard passes. However after that I didn't recall seeing him doing anything to hinder the games progress.
I would have said he played well. Happy to see that.
He reacted well to getting extra spreeeennnlkes. Just keeps getting better
Quote:Perhaps you should take a step back and rethink your most recent assessment.

He did not play "great" by any means. Like SC1 stated, he has played better, but there were a few plays where Hughes abused Joeckel on the edge and Bortles had to scramble or take a sack.

People automatically attribute less sacks meaning better LT play, but this is not the case. Like you said, he hardly has any time in the pocket and has to create extra time for himself.

This is why I am not really concerned with his mechanics because most of the time they break down, he is on the run trying to make a play.
I agree he has gotten better. We still need a solid LG. Hopefully when Linder gets back to RG Cann goes to LG.
They say the best OL are not seen or heard of.  We're seeing and hearing less of Joekel so that's a good sign.

Yup I was gonna make a thread about him

On the game winning TD pass, he did a great job on Mario Williams forced him back behind Blake so Bortles can step up and make the throw 

Joeckel has played great, for brief flashes... okay most of the rest of the time... and was a walking disaster the remainder of the time.

Quote:I agree he has gotten better. We still need a solid LG. Hopefully when Linder gets back to RG Cann goes to LG.
Cann plalying at LG is sure to happen even though Beadles is playing well too...

NH3...
Joeckel has improved since returning from the injury.

When I saw Beadles on the sideline being worked on, I started to get some hope that we'd finally see him taking a seat. Unfortunately, he came back out on the next drive. I think he's actually to blame for some of Joeckel's struggles. You can usually count on him getting up off the ground after every play.
I wonder how Cann is stacking up as a rookie. Be nice to see how he does ok the left side when we get Linder back.
Quote:I wonder how Cann is stacking up as a rookie. Be nice to see how he does ok the left side when we get Linder back.
I think Linder at LG and Cann at RG next is a possibility also if Cann plays really well at RG
Quote:They say the best OL are not seen or heard of. We're seeing and hearing less of Joekel so that's a good sign.

This. Joeckel is somewhere between fine and good.
Didn't notice Joeckel much today or the previous games hes played so thats a good thing. Only time i noticed him was on the flag he got and when Bortles stepped up into a sack from Jerry Hughes i believe. I hope he keeps getting better.
Quote:I think Linder at LG and Cann at RG next is a possibility also if Cann plays really well at RG
Cann was drafted as a LG. He will go back to there next year. I wouldn't move Linder from RG the guy is a true beast there.
Quote:As the former thread starter of "Joeckel is garbage" I admit I have been proven wrong!! He held his own on the edge today and has been really consistent the past few weeks against talented rushers.

Maybe it's just the learning curve of being a tackle in college transitioning to the NFL but he's stepped up in a big way. He seems like he's got an extra dose of nasty in him lately too which is great for a LT.
"Great" is a stretch. He still whiffs in pass pro occasionally, and his number is good for a penalty or two per game. On the whole, though, he has greatly improved, and that's encouraging.

Quote:Cann plalying at LG is sure to happen even though Beadles is playing well too...
If by "well" you mean, "He hasn't eaten a football yet," sure.

Quote:Joeckel has improved since returning from the injury.

When I saw Beadles on the sideline being worked on, I started to get some hope that we'd finally see him taking a seat. Unfortunately, he came back out on the next drive. I think he's actually to blame for some of Joeckel's struggles. You can usually count on him getting up off the ground after every play.
This. It does seem like Joeckel is having to pay attention to what's happening inside more than he should, and that's occasionally giving a defender a break outside of him. If we had a competent left guard (what's Bowanko up to these days?), Joeckel's play would improve further.
Longest streaks of snaps without allowing a sack...

Ravens
Center J. Zuttah 603 snaps without allowing a sack (2nd)
RG M. Yanda 719 snaps w/o allowing a sack (1st place)
RT R. Wagner 413 snaps w/o allowing a sack (3rd)

Cincy has the first place LT & LG in snaps w/o allowing a sack - from PFF

============================================================

Zane Beadles ranked 8th 828 snaps without allowing a sack

2014, week 1 @PHI

I wonder how much of Zane's great play covers up some of LT Luke's weak performances along with QB Blake Bortles ability to scramble and get rid of the ball under pressure...

Pages: 1 2