Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2014 Draft Class
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last year's draft class is looking str8 fire...

Bortles

ARob

Hurns

Telvin

Aaron Colvin

Linder

I know Hurns wasn't drafted, so perhaps "rookie class" is a better term, but really- look at those players. And all of them, with the exception of Linder, had a significant role in today's win.

I would argue, too, that those 6 are all top 10 players on our team.

I know a lot of people are miserable because of all of the losing and in many cases the vitriol and disgust has leaked over to Caldwell, but when was the last time we had a draft class that looked that good in it's second year?
This could end up potentially being the BEST draft class in the history of the Jaguars...

There is still a lot of growing and learning to do, but with them being in their 2nd year, oh boy the future is blinding with how bright it is...

Caldwell may have received some heat, and rightfully so for some decisions, but he has made more decisions that have worked out than not...

We have established the core for our team.

this could be equal to the one steelers draft in the 70's when we become a dynasty

Imagine if Marqise Lee comes back healthy and productive. I hope none of them regress, because that's as good as it gets if they all pan out.
our team NEEDED that draft

This class is basically saving caldwells job. Honestly thought the talent is their to be over achieving.
Quote:This class is basically saving caldwells job. Honestly thought the talent is their to be over achieving.

Agree. It is amazing the difference between Caldwells 1st and 2nd draft. It is almost as if he learned something. 3rd draft is yet to be determined.
Quote:Agree. It is amazing the difference between Caldwells 1st and 2nd draft. It is almost as if he learned something. 3rd draft is yet to be determined.
The difference is that the 2013 draft was trash altogether. That was a historically bad draft year. 

Quote:Agree. It is amazing the difference between Caldwells 1st and 2nd draft. It is almost as if he learned something. 3rd draft is yet to be determined.
Yeldon and Cann are looking like good picks. 

The 2013 draft overall was terrible.
Quote: 

<div>Yeldon and Cann are looking like good picks. 

</div>

Yes. Real shame Fowler is injured.
Quote:Last year's draft class is looking str8 fire...

Bortles

ARob

Hurns

Telvin

Aaron Colvin

Linder

I know Hurns wasn't drafted, so perhaps "rookie class" is a better term, but really- look at those players. And all of them, with the exception of Linder, had a significant role in today's win.

I would argue, too, that those 6 are all top 10 players on our team.

I know a lot of people are miserable because of all of the losing and in many cases the vitriol and disgust has leaked over to Caldwell, but when was the last time we had a draft class that looked that good in it's second year?

It was easy to see that LB Telvin Smith was something special when he finally come into play last season, and the same is true with Hurns as he worked his way up the ranks in PreSeason & then exploded in his first game of regular season...

he needs more throws his way... better passes from Bortles and he'll be a superstar!

Allen Robinson fell on that INT couldnt tell if he was interfered or simply tripped on himself...

still how come nobody tackled him why do all INTs result in TDs against the Jaguars?

Linder wouldve went to the ProBowl this year had he not been injured, sad I hope he comes back a 100% next year and remains healthy to make the ProBowl in 2016/17...
Quote:The 2013 draft overall was terrible.

There was still talent in it, and we didn't get any of it.
Quote:There was still talent in it, and we didn't get any of it.

There was not that much
Quote:Yes. Real shame Fowler is injured.

I thought about it sure maybe he couldve been awesome but the plan was to fire Chris Clemons in lieu of Fowler Jr. 

Can you imagine if they had done that before Fowler got injured?

Or even if Fowler never got injured but didnt play as good as Clemons?

I mean Chris isnt in every play but when he comes in his presence is felt.  He forces fumbles, gets sacks, blocks fgs... and a lot of times he is being held & the refs arent calling it for what ever reason...
Quote:There was still talent in it, and we didn't get any of it.
there were a lot of good players picked in the 2nd round. Wish we took someone else other than Cyp. If Joeckel pans out that will be great, as he has been looking better as of late. McCray for some reason doesnt play and Drob is always hurt. Those 3 were good picks though and Evans is good depth for a 6th round pick
Were both sacks LT Luke Joeckels fault in this game? No one was from the right side, but still Luke got the holding call and was getting beat on his side at times...

Quote:still how come nobody tackled him why do all INTs result in TDs against the Jaguars?

That was one thing we kind of took for granted with MJD  anytime an interception was thrown it seemed like MJD came flying in like a bowling ball to take that player out  in his career he had 18 tackles.
Quote:That was one thing we kind of took for granted with MJD anytime an interception was thrown it seemed like MJD came flying in like a bowling ball to take that player out in his career he had 18 tackles.
damn lol, never knew that he had 18 tackles haha
Pages: 1 2