Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Arian Foster to IR with blown Achilles tendon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Torn Achilles, out for season

Isn't this about when he usually goes out for the season anyway?

Quote:Torn Achilles, out for season

More like done. He's played his last game as a difference maker at the RB position. If he ever takes the field again it'll be as a husk of his former self.
Quote:More like done. He's played his last game as a difference maker at the RB position. If he ever takes the field again it'll be as a husk of his former self.

I tend to agree with that. He'll not be a difference making RB any longer,, even though he may return to playing. He'll be another D McFadden.
Quote:Isn't this about when he usually goes out for the season anyway?

What are you talking about? If Foster was ever put on injured reserve, it was because he got hurt later in the year.
I was watching the game and saw the injury happen. No contact. He took a step and went down grabbing his ankle. He knew what it was right away, and knew it was bad. Hate seeing that happen to any player, especially when it happens in such a benign situation. When they said it was an Achilles injury, I felt sorry for the guy. Odds are his career is done.
I think for any other postion that's not a skill position it's possible to come back from that injury. For him I really doubt it, he's so fragile. Sucks for him tho. He's a good back but can't stay on the field. His career is likely over.
recovery time on that injury before you are "back" is ridiculous and even then I feel like you are forever a shell of the player you used to be. 

Now that I've read what kind of person he is, I'll pass. Everyone has their own beliefs but to come out publicly about being an atheist and dogmatic toward people that are believers is atrocious! Hey Arian, maybe if you believed in God you wouldn't be hurt all the time.
Quote:Hey Arian, maybe if you believed in God you wouldn't be hurt all the time.

Hasn't helped Tebow with his throwing problems
Quote:Hasn't helped Tebow with his throwing problems

But he never got injured now, did he?
Quote:But he never got injured now, did he?
He had a bunch of minor injuries, concussion, ribs minor things mostly

also it was kind of a joke that god doesn't really care about individuals or teams in football, racing, or MMA  he isn't rooting for the cage fighter with praying hands or one of the many players who do charity events. nor would he be punishing a non believer with a bunch of soft tissue injuries.  Maybe thats Lee's problem~

This thread is about to go in the right direction!  :thumbsup:

Quote:Torn Achilles, out for season

Yep, Texans are done.. they may only win one other game against the Jaguars...
Quote: 
lol

anyway after Kobe had this injury he hasn't looked the same since. RIP Foster's career.

That's too bad.  He certainly had some talent.

Quote:Now that I've read what kind of person he is, I'll pass. Everyone has their own beliefs but to come out publicly about being an atheist and dogmatic toward people that are believers is atrocious! Hey Arian, maybe if you believed in God you wouldn't be hurt all the time.
[Image: tumblr_mabkk0unJk1qdnpeio2_500.gif]
Quote:Now that I've read what kind of person he is, I'll pass. Everyone has their own beliefs but to come out publicly about being an atheist and dogmatic toward people that are believers is atrocious! Hey Arian, maybe if you believed in God you wouldn't be hurt all the time.

What a truly ignorant thing to say.
Quote:That's too bad.  He certainly had some talent.

He played for valley high school here in Albuquerque... But I think this it for his career, which is too bad.

I just blew out my Achilles 2 weeks ago, and had my surgery last week, so I especially feel bad for the dude.

Tearing that tendon is just so random... When I heard mine pop, I just crumpled to the grass, very similar to Foster.
Quote:He played for valley high school here in Albuquerque... But I think this it for his career, which is too bad.

I just blew out my Achilles 2 weeks ago, and had my surgery last week, so I especially feel bad for the dude.

Tearing that tendon is just so random... When I heard mine pop, I just crumpled to the grass, very similar to Foster.

Get well soon bud! Cheers to a quick and full recovery, for you and Foster. There are many things in life more important than football, and heath is one of them.
Pages: 1 2