Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Coaching decisions being questioned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Maybe our coaches should be checked for concussions...

Quote:Maybe our coaches should be checked for concussions...

I was thinking a drug test for crack..
Was a pretty stuborn sequence. I think it proved that Toby cannot get it done, though.

Yeldon killing it all game and you give it 4 straight times to toby?  Does not make any sense

Quote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...30650.html

I mean, if you think about it...

That goal line dumpster fire is the perfect analogy of complete stupidity of Gus Bradley as a HC.

First, it's unimaginative.  The same exact play?  Over and over again?  It's predictable and not worthy of the NFL.  It's something a high school coach that has had multiple concussions would do.  Gus Bradley proves he's too stupid to be a HC.

Second, it ignores the talents of the team.  You leave your best RB on the sideline and run a guy that you have seen come up short over and over again for 2 years.  It shows that Gus does not understand who his best players are...  

Third, it lacks fore-sight.  OK. its now 4th down and we still haven't scored.  Take the points.  3 points there probably still puts the game away.  Instead he continues to bang his head against the wall.  It shows Gus is a mental midget and doesn't think beyond the current play.  This is a terrible trait to have as a HC.

Fourth, it lacks creativity.  The same play to the same player, over and over again?  Where are our 2nd half adjustments, you ask?  Gus doesn't have the ability to adjust.  He can't even adjust on 4th down after the same player and play has not worked 3 times in a row,

But yeah, let's keep Gus till the end of the season.  Cuz, you know, he's figuring it out. Trust the process.

LOL.  At some point, people have to realize the guy is trash.  He's garbage.  He doesn't deserve to be a HC in the NFL.  He has no brains.  He has no foresight.  He has no creativity.  He has no ability to recognize the talent on the team.

We're just wasting time with him as HC.  It's just that simple.

I was thinking they were setting up for a naked bootleg.
Quote:I was thinking they were setting up for a naked bootleg.

Maybe they thought the Bills were thinking the same thing and the Bills wouldn't think the Jags would be dumb enough to run the same play with the same terrible runningback four plays in a row.
Quote:Maybe they thought the Bills were thinking the same thing and the Bills wouldn't think the Jags would be dumb enough to run the same play with the same terrible runningback four plays in a row.

LOL, Gus is too much of a mental midget to pull that off!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sPVEBAtwmg
Can you imagine if we had lost this game?

Gus Bradley would have been flown back here to Jax with a bulletproof vest

When we had first and goal on the 1 yard line, I would have bet a million dollars that if we lined up Alualu at FB and Gerhart at RB, we would score a TD.   If you offered me 4 cracks at the goal line with that play, I would have bet a million dollars we would have scored.

Quote:When we had first and goal on the 1 yard line, I would have bet a million dollars that if we lined up Alualu at FB and Gerhart at RB, we would score a TD.   If you offered me 4 cracks at the goal line with that play, I would have bet a million dollars we would have scored.

OK...  But now it's 4th down, you've tried it 3 times and have been stuffed each time.

Would you do the exact same play with the same personell a 4th time? 
By and large I've liked Olson's play calling this season, but that sequence of plays at the goal line was brutal.

Quote:When we had first and goal on the 1 yard line, I would have bet a million dollars that if we lined up Alualu at FB and Gerhart at RB, we would score a TD. If you offered me 4 cracks at the goal line with that play, I would have bet a million dollars we would have scored.

I watched a guy lose $1,000,000 on the Colts against the Saints in the Super Bowl. It happens...
Quote:By and large I've liked Olson's play calling this season, but that sequence of plays at the goal line was brutal.

I find it really hard to believe that any OC in the NFL would agree to run the same play after being unsuccessful twice. I think Gus Bradley overrode Olson on that one
Quote:By and large I've liked Olson's play calling this season, but that sequence of plays at the goal line was brutal.

That was obviously Gus, no offensive coordinator in Olsen's position would have made that series of calls when the teams best four players available today were all part of the passing game.
Quote:I mean, if you think about it...

That goal line dumpster fire is the perfect analogy of complete stupidity of Gus Bradley as a HC.

First, it's unimaginative.  The same exact play?  Over and over again?  It's predictable and not worthy of the NFL.  It's something a high school coach that has had multiple concussions would do.  Gus Bradley proves he's too stupid to be a HC.

Second, it ignores the talents of the team.  You leave your best RB on the sideline and run a guy that you have seen come up short over and over again for 2 years.  It shows that Gus does not understand who his best players are...  

Third, it lacks fore-sight.  OK. its now 4th down and we still haven't scored.  Take the points.  3 points there probably still puts the game away.  Instead he continues to bang his head against the wall.  It shows Gus is a mental midget and doesn't think beyond the current play.  This is a terrible trait to have as a HC.

Fourth, it lacks creativity.  The same play to the same player, over and over again?  Where are our 2nd half adjustments, you ask?  Gus doesn't have the ability to adjust.  He can't even adjust on 4th down after the same player and play has not worked 3 times in a row,

But yeah, let's keep Gus till the end of the season.  Cuz, you know, he's figuring it out. Trust the process.

LOL.  At some point, people have to realize the guy is trash.  He's garbage.  He doesn't deserve to be a HC in the NFL.  He has no brains.  He has no foresight.  He has no creativity.  He has no ability to recognize the talent on the team.

We're just wasting time with him as HC.  It's just that simple.
It's the same play most coaches call on the goal line..maybe not 4 times in a row, I'll give you that, but it's a common call on the goal line
Quote:That was obviously Gus, no offensive coordinator in Olsen's position would have made that series of calls when the teams best four players available today were all part of the passing game.

I doubt it. Olson likely got stubborn and figured they should be able to get one yard on four tries.
Quote:I doubt it. Olson likely got stubborn and figured they should be able to get one yard on four tries.

What about the way Olsen has run the offense this year leads you to believe this? It was an obvious case of meddling by Gus.
Quote:It's the same play most coaches call on the goal line..maybe not 4 times in a row, I'll give you that, but it's a common call on the goal line

That's the point, though.

NO real NFL coach would run that play with their worst RB 4 times in a row.  You cannot give Bradley a pass on that.  He's literally in over his head.  And you just said it yourself.

You say most coaches wouldn't run it 4 times in a row.  I'm telling you.  NO COACH would.  What we have is the worst coach in the NFL who really does not deserve to be leading an NFL team hindering the success of our team.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6