Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Looking back on the Indy game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If Myers makes that FG we win that game.....or should I say game and a half.

With today's win, and with Houston and Tennesee losing today that would put us like a half game out, right?
Colts also getting smacked by the Saints

Meyers has to go, we would be in 1st place had he made one of those kicks 

Quote:Colts also getting smacked by the Saints

Meyers has to go, we would be in 1st place had he made one of those kicks

Like I've stated, we should be 6-1, but Bradley is our coach.
In all honesty, this team doesn't deserve to be leading the division.

Quote:Like I've stated, we should be 6-1, but Bradley is our coach.

This is more obvious tho do your job and make a kick
Quote:In all honesty, this team doesn't deserve to be leading the division.
We're not.
Quote:In all honesty, this team doesn't deserve to be leading the division.
Why wouldnt we if we had the wins? dont hand me that dont deserved crap, thats worst then moral victories 

If you have more wins or tie breakers vs the other teams then you deserve it

Quote:Why wouldnt we if we had the wins? dont hand me that dont deserved crap, thats worst then moral victories 

The whole thread is based off a hypothetical scenario.

We were unable to beat a 40 year old, the youngest QB, and a team who isn't even sure who their QB is in 3 consecutive weeks.

This franchise lives off shoulda, coulda, woulda's.

Quote:Why wouldnt we if we had the wins? dont hand me that dont deserved crap, thats worst then moral victories 

If you have more wins or tie breakers vs the other teams then you deserve it
Because of that main NFL stat, Style Points.
Quote:The whole thread is based off a hypothetical scenario.
I know but but we have a crappy kicker so we are not in that spot 
Quote:The whole thread is based off a hypothetical scenario.
Yeah, a hypothetical situation were we are still a half game back.
What's done is done.  His missed XP today could have been critical.  You don't want your kicker losing close games. 

I wonder if Dave will look at kickers during the bye week.  Myers would seem to be on thin ice, but maybe he'll stick long enough to win a few for us.  I'd like to see some of these 50+ yard kicks he can supposedly make. 

Quote:I know but but we have a crappy kicker so we are not in that spot 

I am not sticking up for shankapotomus by any means, but this teams dismal play goes well beyond a kicker.
If the Colts and Titans loose we are actually tied for second place in the division I think (well basically). Then the Colts play the panthers next week and the Texans the titans.. if we can some how beat the Jets after the bye this suddenly gets very interesting.

Quote:I know but but we have a crappy kicker and HC so we are not in that spot 

FIFY
We have the same 2nd half woes that we've had all year- no improvement.

We have the same dumb penalties where the coaches don't know how many men to put on the field; we've had the same poor clock management- lol at Gus icing Bortles first down today.

We still go conservative as soon as we sniff any kind of lead and quickly give said lead away; we still don't know how to use Julius Thomas- Hello Gus, don't run the ball with Slowby 4 times, use the best red zone tight end in the league.

Bottom line is we still have the same incompetent leadership, and until Bradley is gone you can forget about winning the division or anything meaningful.

We almost blew a 27-3 lead today- enough said.