Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So if we're only going to run the ball north-south....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why don't we have a fullback?? Olsen never calls east west runs, which is crazy considering Yeldon is at his best in stretch zone runs. I don't understand why we don't have a fullback when we only run between the tackles.

We do have a fullback. They just aren't listed as fullbacks. Plus one of them is going to be our first cut in the offseason. 

so why... on that one series where we got down to the 1 yard line, did we run gerhart four straight times in a row up the middle? I can understand not running toby outside since by now we all know he doesn't have the speed to do that effectively. So why no stretch play with yeldon, or an option, or anything but the same play up the middle by the same runner four times in a row???

Ulaula is our fullback.
Quote:so why... on that one series where we got down to the 1 yard line, did we run gerhart four straight times in a row up the middle? I can understand not running toby outside since by now we all know he doesn't have the speed to do that effectively. So why no stretch play with yeldon, or an option, or anything but the same play up the middle by the same runner four times in a row???

My tinfoil hat theory - Olson wanted Gerhart to have one last opportunity to show his worth. I doubt he will ever go back to Gerhart again.

Olson made a bad call. Plain and simple. I forgive him because hes been great with Bortles and playcalling the rest of the time. Gerhart simply failed him bad as well as shining a light on an area of improvement for our O-line

Quote:Ulaula is our fullback.
and he sucks at it. 

This team needs to sign a FB.