Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why stop Blitzing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I dont get this coaching staff sometimes. It was working great. Was it succeeding too much?
Because the staff is below average across the board.
Because we wanted to keep the game close so it would be more exciting.  

Don't want to run the score up opponents, because that isn't part of the "process". 

Quote:Because we wanted to keep the game close so it would be more exciting.

Don't want to run the score up opponents, because that isn't part of the "process".

Lol, so true.
At least when you have them backed up inside the two, go ahead and blitz them. That could be a Safety which would have been huge.

I really don't understand why they stopped.  Same reason they gave it to gerhart 4 straight times

I don't mind the Gerhart calls. Simply put, we should have got it done there. We can usually count on Toby to get the tough one or two yards. I know he's not good for much else, but he'll get that. The run blocking up front stunk, but it made sense to me that handing off to Toby four times inside the one, he should get one of those. Really it was just an incredible defensive effort to stop us from getting in.

Quote:I don't mind the Gerhart calls. Simply put, we should have got it done there. We can usually count on Toby to get the tough one or two yards. I know he's not good for much else, but he'll get that. The run blocking up front stunk, but it made sense to me that handing off to Toby four times inside the one, he should get one of those. Really it was just an incredible defensive effort to stop us from getting in.

It was incredibly stupid play calling.
A quarterback sneak would of gotten us that yard
Everyone must have fun, blitzing isn't fun for the other team, Gus is just being a good sport. 

Quote:A quarterback sneak would of gotten us that yard

They avoided it several times today. Even when Blake had it early on, Gus called the time out. I suspect the doctor told Gus he shouldn't let Blake sneak it because that's almost always a surefire conversion for the Jaguars over Wiz.

Yeldon would have gotten that goal line td. A screen would have gotten that td. Hell a QB sneak would have gotten that td. A field goal would have made the game less stressful