Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Can we even enjoy this win?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So much BAD today.

Hell no.

I'd rather win ugly than to lose pretty.

Feels like a loss

A win is a win. Celebrate today, we get a whole extra week to criticize
Quote:I'd rather win ugly than to lose pretty.
agreed.
Quote:I'd rather win ugly than to lose pretty.

This

Quote:Hell no.

But also this
Bortles throws a game winning TD pass.  He's still on track for 30 TDs this season.

TJ Yeldon has a sensational game.

Telvin proves once again that he's going to be a stud in this league.

There's a lot to enjoy.
Celebrate today. Criticize tomorrow

We can definitely celebrate. Lots of things to celebrate about the talent on this team.  We were able to pull ourselves out of some AWFUL coaching and now we get a positive vibe for our really young team as they go into a bye week with a good memory for once.
If you don't enjoy the victories because you have to find everything wrong with the team, Then why watch? Why be a fan?

News flash: The patriots are capable of blowing a 24 point lead. So is every other team. Its going to be more common in the NFL as we go to basketball on grass. The rules favor huge comebacks. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Considering we've lost more than our share of ugly close games this season, I'll take an ugly win to balance the scales.

Make no mistake though, that was an ugly display of football. So while we can enjoy the win, we can't in any way be proud of the way our boys played outside of when the defense went ham early, and the game winning drive.
Enjoy a win guys. You can do it.

Yes, there was alot of BAD. But both teams showed alot of BAD.

Although they still gave up alot of yards,, but the defense showed some good that we haven't seen yet this season.

- They got some pressure

- They got turnovers

- They scored 2 TDS

Finally,, great to see that kind of stuff.
I like winning. No matter what. It was a fun/scary/exciting game to say the least. I'll take it. Doesnt mean I think people saved their jobs or any of that. Just saying I like the win.

Doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile brehs.

I don't think the bills come back if we keep the pressure up on blitzing
My only issue is that we only win ugly. We can never seem to win pretty. Even against lesser talented wins, we only get the win when the opposing team makes more than enough mistakes to actually lose the game.

It would be nice to see this team, with the talent we do have, actually dominate an opponent for once. The Miami game was gift wrapped to us and I feel this one was the same thanks to EJ Manual.

It is a win but it isn't one of those "feel good" wins where the progress is turning into success. We could have easily been 0-6. I am surprised we are not.

Quote:I don't think the bills come back if we keep the pressure up on blitzing
Yes we were playing not to lose starting in the 2nd quarter. Should have kept our foot on the gas.
What this win showed me is that there is a decent amount of young talent on this team. Obviously there are positions that need to be upgraded, but I can live with that.

The coaching is bad. The offensive play calling today was really bad.  The 3-goal line runs to Gerhart(sp) are unacceptable.

I'm hoping, in spite of the win, Shad will make a coaching change in January.

Pages: 1 2 3