Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Best Winning TD Catch vs Bills? Hurns or Wilford
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which is the best TD Catch vs Bills??

hurns.  had to win that game. had to. for the sake of the franchise

Wilford only because it was last second
In terms of impact? Wilford, easily.

In terms of outrageous catching ability? That Hurns catch was a beauty.  I love having him on the team.

Ernest Wilford's catch was more clutch though. Being on the road in Buffalo, 1st game of the season in 2004, and catching a TD with no time left in the back of the end-zone. Doesn't get more clutch than that.

His name is not Alan
Wilford. Wasn't that with time expiring? Also, that helped lead to a winning season.

That was an absolutely amazing catch by Hurns, but better than Wilford's? That's a tough one. I'll say yeah because Wilford's was more about luck with a great throw getting through three defenders. This Hurns catch was a straight lay out and to hold on was just incredible. These two catches easily rank among the best ever Jaguars receptions.

Bradley and Dave should be thinking Hurns right now, might be saving both of their jobs

Hurns isn't fast. Hurns doesn't have great hands. (Compared to other WRs)

Yet he makes himself known every game. I really do believe the only thing Hurns does better than most receivers is get open and apparently that might be the best attribute to see in a WR. Its opened my eyes. 

Hurns' catch was a thing of beauty.  There was no room for error.  He scooped it and got on the ground just in time.

It's a tie, really can't give one a vote over the other.

And Wilford is a JSO cop now,so he gets the nod
Hurns ode to the cardiac cats was nice.  Hurns TD was technically better.  Incredible throw across the body on the run left by Bortles.  He was mindful of the LOS and elluded pressure.

Hurns catch itself better but for pure timing and theatre Wilford.
I'll say that the Wilford's catch was the better overall play, but Hurns made the tougher catch.

That Ernest Wilford TD was threading a needle and was clutch. That one is an easy one to remember even after 10 years.

Quote:His name is not Alan
thank you..  fixed the poll...   I know a few Alan's so just forgot the proper spelling...
Wilford's because it was 4th and Goal as time expired.Also it was the start of our last run of success as it was the first winning season since 99.
I actually wanted Bortles to run for the 1st down on that play. 

Pages: 1 2